What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

I think I Love Lucy is the BEST tv show ever. Because it just is a great classic and never seems to "wear" thin. I watched Showbiz Swan Song ... forgot how great Viv is when dancing by the silvery moon.

Who is this VIV person you talk about and what part did she play on the series?  LOL!  Just kidding, what i noticed today watching the BABY episode is that they spread the comedy lines to all four participants, i was shocked how many lines that Viv had on this show.

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Upstairs

:viv1: Yeah. Rick. I would you like to know about a new cake I've learned how to bake? You-you take a half a cup of butter for this cake and you cream it. And then and then you...

:desi1: Ethel!

:viv1: Oh, then you add the frosting!

:desi1: What's the matter with you , Ethel? Are you crazy or something?

:viv1: No, no, no, Well I got to go now. I hate to eat and run!

:desi1: We didn't eat!

:viv1: Well, some other time!

:desi1: Where are you going?

:viv1: Oh, I got to pick up a friend!

The Star Upstairs

:viv1: Yeah. Rick. I would you like to know about a new cake I've learned how to bake? You-you take a half a cup of butter for this cake and you cream it. And then and then you...

:desi1: Ethel!

:viv1: Oh, then you add the frosting!

:desi1: What's the matter with you , Ethel? Are you crazy or something?

:viv1: No, no, no, Well I got to go now. I hate to eat and run!

:desi1: We didn't eat!

:viv1: Well, some other time!

:desi1: Where are you going?

:viv1: Oh, I got to pick up a friend!

My favorite part of this great episode is the one in Cornel Wilde's room, with Lucy under the table and then making Booby the Bellboy appear to be a great ventriloquist.

My favorite part of this great episode is the one in Cornel Wilde's room, with Lucy under the table and then making Booby the Bellboy appear to be a great ventriloquist.

B) : Bobby?

:mellow: : Yes sir.

B) : Oh, you got the paper?

:mellow: : yes sir.

B) : Oh, good. Well, uh, bring it in. I want to have something to read in the bathtub.

:huh:    :lucyshock:

The one above is one of my favorites as well along with the ventriloquist scene. We never see Bobby after this episode. I guess he got fired.

B) : Bobby?

:mellow: : Yes sir.

B) : Oh, you got the paper?

:mellow: : yes sir.

B) : Oh, good. Well, uh, bring it in. I want to have something to read in the bathtub.

:huh:    :lucyshock:

The one above is one of my favorites as well along with the ventriloquist scene. We never see Bobby after this episode. I guess he got fired.

Well, i can understand that, he made such an impression as his character that it might have been hard to imagine him playing someone else without immediately thinking of him.

He got a job in Vegas. He was at the hotel as a bellboy when the gang was hunting uranium.

Robert Jellison, actor, 62 titles; of The Life of Riley fame, 6 episodes, as Waldo, 1949-50; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, The Lady Takes A Sailor, as Mr. Crane, uncredited; Red Light, as man in hotel room, uncredited, 1949; guest (“I Love Lucy”) “The Gossip”, 1952, “L.A. at Last”, “Lucy Gets Into Pictures”, “The Star Upstairs”, “Hollywood Anniversary”, “Bullfight Dance”, “Don Juan is Shelved”, “The Hedda Hopper Story”, 1955; The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, “Lucy Hunts Uranium”, as bellhop, 1958; as well as Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Favorite Martian “Never Trust a Naked Martian”, as Mister Dinkle, 1965; is born this date in 1908.

Robert Jellison, actor, 62 titles; of The Life of Riley fame, 6 episodes, as Waldo, 1949-50; William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, The Lady Takes A Sailor, as Mr. Crane, uncredited; Red Light, as man in hotel room, uncredited, 1949; guest (“I Love Lucy”) “The Gossip”, 1952, “L.A. at Last”, “Lucy Gets Into Pictures”, “The Star Upstairs”, “Hollywood Anniversary”, “Bullfight Dance”, “Don Juan is Shelved”, “The Hedda Hopper Story”, 1955; The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, “Lucy Hunts Uranium”, as bellhop, 1958; as well as Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Favorite Martian “Never Trust a Naked Martian”, as Mister Dinkle, 1965; is born this date in 1908.

How old was he when he passed?

Ricky and Fred are TV fans

:lucy1: Look that's it, that big one right there.

:viv1:  No, I don't think so, Lucy. I think it's this little one.

:lucy1: No, I think it's this big one.

:viv1: No, I think it's this little one.

-_- I think it's the medium-sized one.

:viv1:   :blink:  :lucy1: You do? I don't know what :lucywow:  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

That's the one we had today, along with Never do business with friends.  Another two terrific episodes.

• Like 1

Ricky and Fred are TV fans

:lucy1: Look that's it, that big one right there.

:viv1:  No, I don't think so, Lucy. I think it's this little one.

:lucy1: No, I think it's this big one.

:viv1: No, I think it's this little one.

-_- I think it's the medium-sized one.

:viv1:   :blink:  :lucy1: You do? I don't know what :lucywow:  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

That guy played a New York City cop perfectly.  Same guy as the one in New Neighbors, right?

That guy played a New York City cop perfectly.  Same guy as the one in New Neighbors, right?

Yes he was perfectly typecast as the New York cop and "Allen Jenkins" returned in the third season in "Too Many Crooks". Allen Jenkins was in the film "Five Came Back" with Lucille Ball.

B) We suspected it at first, but tonight the Ackermans' report clinched it....Just before entering this building, they saw the robber stop and take a hitch at her girdle.

• Like 1

Yes he was perfectly typecast as the New York cop and "Allen Jenkins" returned in the third season in "Too Many Crooks". Allen Jenkins was in the film "Five Came Back" with Lucille Ball.

B) We suspected it at first, but tonight the Ackermans' report clinched it....Just before entering this building, they saw the robber stop and take a hitch at her girdle.

Oh i forgot he had a part in Five Came Back, one of Lucy's better B roles.

Lucy Gets Chummy With The Neighbors

:lucywow: I want to talk to you before I let you in. Now, listen, Ricky I've done something awful and I want to tell my side of the story such as it is, and then when you've had a chance to calm down, I'll let you in. Now, listen, honey, now, listen. Uh remember the other day when, when Betty Ramsey took me to that wholesale house and you said I could spend $500 dollars and when I came home, you asked me if I spent it and I said yes? Well Honey,  I...I spent a little more. I didn't mean to, but, uh,  I...I...I...thought that the price tags, the tags were price tags and they were really stock numbers, see? :lucydaze:  :lucywow:  And, well, Honey. Now, Honey get a grip on yourself. I...I...I... spent over $3,000 dollars. I didn't mean to, Ricky. Really, I didn't. And I'm not going to let you in now, until you promise to calm down and be understanding and talk like a normal human being. Now, do you promise that Ricky, do you? :lucyshy:

:lucywow: I want to talk to you before I let you in. Now, listen, Ricky I've done something awful and I want to tell my side of the story such as it is, and then when you've had a chance to calm down, I'll let you in. Now, listen, honey, now, listen. Uh remember the other day when, when Betty Ramsey took me to that wholesale house and you said I could spend $500 dollars and when I came home, you asked me if I spent it and I said yes? Well Honey,  I...I spent a little more. I didn't mean to, but, uh,  I...I...I...thought that the price tags, the tags were price tags and they were really stock numbers, see? :lucydaze:  :lucywow:  And, well, Honey. Now, Honey get a grip on yourself. I...I...I... spent over $3,000 dollars. I didn't mean to, Ricky. Really, I didn't. And I'm not going to let you in now, until you promise to calm down and be understanding and talk like a normal human being. Now, do you promise that Ricky, do you? :lucyshy:

Okay I promise!

• Like 1

Okay I promise!

:lucywow::obrien:  AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!Let me Out!

:desi1: LUCY, you stay right where you are!

:gasp: (colorized) Oh, now, honey, you promised to be calm and understanding.

:desi1: I am I am calm, and I am very understanding. Now, we go in there. We go and sit down in there and-and we'll talk over this whole thing like two normal human beings.

Baby Pictures today followed by Lucy Tells The Truth which is pretty damn funny but has a weak ending.

Caroline's bridge party was difficult to top.

B) Lucille McGillicuddy. "Singer, dancer, comedienne, monologist, mistress of ceremonies, after-dinner speaker, saxophonist, star, bit player or extra." That's quite some accomplishments.

:lucy1: Thank you, I'm just going to sing and dance today.

B) Oh , just a moment, please. There's nothing down here under experience.

This morning I watched one of my favorite episodes, "The Ballet".

-_- No, Madame, further out. No madame, the toes further out. Madame, not that far out. Now then, a plie. And a one, a two, a three, a four, a five, a six, a seven, eight. A one, a two, a three , a four, a five STOP, stop, stop, STOP!...........

Caroline's bridge party was difficult to top.

B) Lucille McGillicuddy. "Singer, dancer, comedienne, monologist, mistress of ceremonies, after-dinner speaker, saxophonist, star, bit player or extra." That's quite some accomplishments.

:lucy1: Thank you, I'm just going to sing and dance today.

B) Oh , just a moment, please. There's nothing down here under experience.

I was in 3D!