What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

• 4 weeks later...

Lucy and Bob Crane

My God this is weird and uncomfortable. All this stuff about shy and submissive girls. One time I was watching it with about four other people who had never seen it before and I was like "There's some great physical comedy at the end of this one. Lucy beats him to death with a camera tripod." The few people who got it were not amused. -_-

"Lucy and the Safe Cracker"  (aka "Lucy Gets Locked in the Vault"--part 2).

Amazing how quickly Gale Gordon blended in as if he had always been there.  Never understood why they didn't open the season with "Vault" which introduces Mooney.

I'm trying to figure out how they got the chocolates to stick into Lucy's eye sockets.  They look like real chocolates, not something the prop department came up with.  As with all of Lucy's great physical bits, there's no trace of an effort but she's got to aim her face at exactly the right spot.   Is it possible that the chocolates sticking in her eyes was a fluke?  That chicken-movement thing she does trying to look around the chocolates seems to be spontaneous.  The other players are having a tough time getting their dialogue out over the laughter.

I really like the Vault 2-parter, particularly part 2 which clips along hilariously.  Jay Novello is perfect.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched both Merm episodes. I love The Merm and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves performing with her. Great show.

I always wondered why Ethel didn't get applause when she walked out in this episode. It seems like she was a bigger star than the raspy-voiced Lazy River woman who appeared in the same season and got a pop from the audience.

I always wondered why Ethel didn't get applause when she walked out in this episode. It seems like she was a bigger star than the raspy-voiced Lazy River woman who appeared in the same season and got a pop from the audience.

I would guess that she was introduced before filming, which would reduce the "wow"/surprise factor to garner the usual audience reaction. :wacko:

Ethel gives a very weird performance. In "No Business Like Showbusiness" Ethel seems to do the least amount of actual singing in the group! And as always she does that thing where she starts on an incorrect high note and quickly jumps down to the right one. You know what I'm talking about.