What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Watched these over the past couple of nights (Mar 22, 24):

- "Lucy Plays Florence Nightengale"

- "Mooney the Monkey"

- "Lucy and Phil Silvers"

- "Lucy Goes to Art Class"

Lucy at Marineland

Lucy is her own Lawyer

Lucy Gets Amnesia

Lucy & Paul Winchell

Lucy Gets caught up in the draft

Lucy and the Runaway Butterfly

Lucy Meets a Millionaire

Kiddie Parties Inc.

Lucy Buys a Boat

Lucy the Music Lover

Lucy is a Soda Jerk

No More Double Dates

Paul Winchell, Viv visits Lucy and Lucy babysitting those monkeys, so i did not have the strength to watch Mooney the monkey after those. Lucy's wedding dress, that beautiful Bergdorf Goodman BLUE number that she also wore when marrying Henry Fonda in Yours mine and whoozitz was so stunning on her all remastered copy of the show but although the purse matched, why not the shoes? Also, i was stunned that the dialogue did not match their lips in the Winchell ep, i suppose this was to distract from the dummy matching the dialogue of the leads?

Thanks, I'll check that out. I always liked the red dress that showed up in the Xmas LS and YMO, and a family photo too.

Yeah, the one where she's at the front door with the trio of Roxbury, i love that one too, red really suits her. Blue is just as great with that wedding dress, the bouquet and blue veil really made her the prettiest in YMandO. I didn't know there aws a matching bag, but she must have lost the shoe as she's wearing purple ones on the Winchell show unless my color was off.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A friend of mine had read something about jan Murray talking about his Lucy Show experience and had never seen the episode so I took "Lucy and The Soap Opera" over and we watched.

The premise is actually good, trading on the immense popularity of the nighttime soap opera "Peyton Place" that after its initial successful season was expanded from two nights a week to THREE half-hour installments the 2nd season, the year "Soap Opera" ran. However, its first season top 10 popularity had waned already.

The structure of the episode is a little sloppy with scenes going on too long. However Lucy has some great moments. Her imitations, Japanese gardener, little old lady, saucy dame ("I'm a friend of da writer's") are well executed, though mocking Japenese's substituting l's for r's must have been funnier in 1966.

But my friend, a keen observer of such things, said was just how remarkable the work load was on a Lucy in that single episode alone and applauding her monumental efforts to wring comedy out of so-so material. She was still working hard trying to make it good. This was at a time when her involvement in Desilu had to have been at its peak. If there were cue cards, she was just glancing at them to remind her, because I don't see her relying on them...including during her VERY long solo speech at the end, pleading the actor/character's case....not particularly funny on paper, though the concept is amusing. He made the statement made so often about Lucy: "NO ONE else could pull this off".

• Like 1

A friend of mine had read something about jan Murray talking about his Lucy Show experience and had never seen the episode so I took "Lucy and The Soap Opera" over and we watched.

The premise is actually good, trading on the immense popularity of the nighttime soap opera "Peyton Place" that after its initial successful season was expanded from two nights a week to THREE half-hour installments the 2nd season, the year "Soap Opera" ran. However, its first season top 10 popularity had waned already.

The structure of the episode is a little sloppy with scenes going on too long. However Lucy has some great moments. Her imitations, Japanese gardener, little old lady, saucy dame ("I'm a friend of da writer's") are well executed, though mocking Japenese's substituting l's for r's must have been funnier in 1966.

But my friend, a keen observer of such things, said was just how remarkable the work load was on a Lucy in that single episode alone and applauding her monumental efforts to wring comedy out of so-so material. She was still working hard trying to make it good. This was at a time when her involvement in Desilu had to have been at its peak. If there were cue cards, she was just glancing at them to remind her, because I don't see her relying on them...including during her VERY long solo speech at the end, pleading the actor/character's case....not particularly funny on paper, though the concept is amusing. He made the statement made so often about Lucy: "NO ONE else could pull this off".

Absolutely, she had the most dialogue to remember, the most comedy stunts to do, everything rested on her shoulders and they gave her some of the lanmest writing sometimes and she had to overcome it and make it hers.

• 4 months later...