What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Does anyone feel the irony out of the Bob Crane character in Lucy and Bob Crane? Hahahaha! Every time I see it I'm just waiting for him to ask Lucy back to his apartment to make a 'film.' Hahahahaha!

I find the episode to be a little bit disturbing due to his presence in the episode (like the O.J. Simpson appearance in Here's Lucy). I sometimes have to pretend that Bob Crane was actually a characer in that particular Lucy episode and not himself.

I find the episode to be a little bit disturbing due to his presence in the episode (like the O.J. Simpson appearance in Here's Lucy). I sometimes have to pretend that Bob Crane was actually a characer in that particular Lucy episode and not himself.

If you start doing that with every unsavory character who appeared on her shows, the series will never be the same again.

These are isolated cases.

Yeah, but there were too many of them. Even Lucy in London was produced by a killer. The guy with the Brillo pad for hair. Then she worked with that wire hanger CRAWFORD woman who used to beat and tie up her kids. Let's not even discuss children beater Bing Crosby. Bob Crane at least left her alone, but Sammy Davis took her to see Deep Throat. Sinatra was part of the MOB. As was Dino and so many others. O J is still the champ though.

"Lucy In The Music World" is a very entertaining episode using the current music scene at that time. Lucy and Mel doing a duet together was a comical take on the folk/surf/beat music of that time. Also, I think they were giving a friendly nod to Sonny And Cher who just released their first album that summer.

I beg to differ that this episode is SO "entertaining". It was more or less built upon the musical sequences which makes it very dated. It could have been much better with a song that wasn't so corny and annoying, less focus on the musical numbers and more on Lucy and her trademark slapstick/comedy, dailogue that keeps the viewer engaged, inclusion of a series regular/co-star in the episode (where was Gale Gordon or even Mary Jane Croft?), ect. Heck, dropping Mel Torme and replacing him with a different guest star might have helped.

Granted "Lucy In the Music World" is worth checking out to see how the "music" and the fashions were at the time but nothing more. And watching it for subsequent viewings ... well, it is best to leave it in the past. Which adds to the point that this entry of The Lucy Show should have been presented as a 60s special and NOT as an episode of a supposed sitcom. Where were the laughs?

I know but by gary hiring the cheapest writers instead of the best, he got lots of duds.

You are very right about that.

I beg to differ that this episode is SO "entertaining". It was more or less built upon the musical sequences which makes it very dated. It could have been much better with a song that wasn't so corny and annoying, less focus on the musical numbers and more on Lucy and her trademark slapstick/comedy, dailogue that keeps the viewer engaged, inclusion of a series regular/co-star in the episode (where was Gale Gordon or even Mary Jane Croft?), ect. Heck, dropping Mel Torme and replacing him with a different guest star might have helped.

Granted "Lucy In the Music World" is worth checking out to see how the "music" and the fashions were at the time but nothing more. And watching it for subsequent viewings ... well, it is best to leave it in the past. Which adds to the point that this entry of The Lucy Show should have been presented as a 60s special and NOT as an episode of a supposed sitcom. Where were the laughs?

Geez, and i thought i could be harsh, LOL!

Geez, and i thought i could be harsh, LOL!

I'm sorry but I am not a fan of the majority of Lucy episodes that are centered heavily on musical numbers (especially Music World as you can see). That clearly is not Lucy's forte as most would agree. And why she took her later shows in that direction I'll never understand. But maybe there are some things on this earth that are not meant to be understood such as the love for the Music World episode.

I'm sorry but I am not a fan of the majority of Lucy episodes that are centered heavily on musical numbers (especially Music World as you can see). That clearly is not Lucy's forte as most would agree. And why she took her later shows in that direction I'll never understand. But maybe there are some things on this earth that are not meant to be understood such as the love for the Music World episode.

While i wholeheartedly agree with you on the fact that starting with I Love Lucy, it was a comedy show, so why were there musical numbers all through the series, to give work to her hubby while her comedy set ups were prepared? Filler? Well, then she just kept up that practice for those reasons and also the fact that Lucy loved nothing more than musical entertainment all through her career. Maybe she should have headlined a variety hour like Carol did, that way she would have still been able to do some sketches, although if they were in the Bob Hope vain, her years on tv would have been lots shorter.

While i wholeheartedly agree with you on the fact that starting with I Love Lucy, it was a comedy show, so why were there musical numbers all through the series, to give work to her hubby while her comedy set ups were prepared? Filler? Well, then she just kept up that practice for those reasons and also the fact that Lucy loved nothing more than musical entertainment all through her career. Maybe she should have headlined a variety hour like Carol did, that way she would have still been able to do some sketches, although if they were in the Bob Hope vain, her years on tv would have been lots shorter.

The difference between I Love Lucy and the later Lucy shows is that musical numbers didn't take center stage. The original mainly had them because Ricky Ricardo was a singer and bandleader. So they were incorporated into the program. With the later shows, it was like they were either shooting for regular sitcom episode or a full-blown musical episode.