What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

CTS is back in Danfield now, they show these in very RANDOM order.  Saw the shower installation on Monday, one of the very best of the series.

My favorite two episodes of the first season are Lucy Puts up a TV Antenna and Lucy and Viv Put in a Shower. Great episodes almost like watching Lucy and Ethel.

• Like 1

My favorite two episodes of the first season are Lucy Puts up a TV Antenna and Lucy and Viv Put in a Shower. Great episodes almost like watching Lucy and Ethel.

Electric Mattress wins for me!

These three could very well be the "Stomping Grapes", "Chocolate Factory" and "TV Commercial" of The Lucy Show series.

Lucy's Substitute Secretary (one of the best in season five)

Lucy & The French Movie Star classic drunk scene from season 6)

Lucy Gets Her Diploma (funny and sweet)

Main Street USA (two part muscial) very entertaining though part I is better than part II (season 5)

Lucy and Joan Crawford w/Vivian Vance (all time classic from season 6)

• 2 weeks later...

and

I'm adding the scout trip from Season 2 to my worst of list. I now know why I can't remember the plot, too terrible for a repeat viewing.

Not to take anything away from the other 1st season enjoyable episodes but here's my best of list....

"Misplaces $2000"

"Music Lover"

"Install a Shower"

"TV Antenna"

"No More Double Dates"

and a tie for best of season "Kangaroo" and "Electric Mattress"

A lot of people put the last show of the season "Buys a Boat" at the top of their list. I like it but always thought playing the entire scene below deck was a bit unrealistic.  Wouldn't they go up to the deck if the boat was sinking?  Shooting that in front of an audience would have been difficult, but they did it in "Deep Sea Fishing".

Almost every 1st season episode has something going for it with the possible exception of "Runaway Butterfly".

While "Cub Scout Trip" certainly does not make my top anything list, I like it.  It's one of the lesser 2nd season efforts, but like all of them from that season still has a lot going for it---It's so colorful!  and you have to applaud the sets.  I don't think we really appreciate how hard it was for them to recreate the great outdoors on a studio soundstage.  Plus there are plenty of laughs including Mooney's delayed reaction:  "I see.....OUR CANOE FLOATING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE!!??".  There's one too many getting-lost scenes.  The official CBS morning edit-NickatNite version lops off the last scene completely and ends with the cubs finding the adults, one of just a handful of edited versions where entire scenes are cut.  Usually it was just a nip here and there.  The worst of the first two seasons is still better than most of the subsequent four.  And better than some of the entire "Here's Lucy" season's episodes.

• Like 1

Isn't it just THE BEST?  Now I want to watch it on dvd to see the picture clearer, those syndicated copies are just horrible.

It's ONE of the best for sure! But THE BEST? I dunno. The Lucy Show sure did have a good amount of TERRIFIC episodes like Shower, Antenna, Stilts, Coin Collector, Dean Martin, Horse Guest, Ring-a-Ding Ring, Kiddie Parties, Good Skate, Bean Queen, Fair Lucy, and on and on ...

• 3 weeks later...