What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Lucy Helps Danny Thomas

Lucy Helps the Countess

Lucy and the Sleeping Beauty

Lucy, The Undercover Agent

Lucy and the Return of Iron Man

Lucy Saves Milton Berle

Lucy, The Choir Master

"Lucy and Phil Harris" which is actually a whole lot better than I remember. LucyImHome asked who Phil Harris was and it made me think of this one. (BTW, LucyImHome I hope I didn't offend you that I was surprised you didn't know...If it wasn't for TLS I wouldn't either). I remember L&PH as not being very good, but it's grown on me. It's another example of a Bob O'Brien script where he tries to create a back-story. I give him a lot of credit for at least TRYING even if he didn't succeed all the time. Unlike Milt and Ray (authors of "Lucy & Phil Silvers") who can come up with a funny line (funny, but usually not CLEVER) but are just rotten with plots, leaving Lucy and Phil to fend for themselves. The Lucy Carmichael of L&PH is light years away from the 1st season character. She's funny but has NO class. That "I'm so enthusiastic about what I'm doing that I'm obnoxious" thing is a tricky one to pull off, and she does here--for the most part. If you've ever been in a piano bar, you have probably seen someone taking over, and they're usually pretty hard to take. But that's part of the character, because the manager tells Phil "we're getting complaints about the loud-mouthed redhead". I like the interplay between Lucy and Phil, which Phil handles very well. I love that he shoots the audience a dirty look when he's going into his dramatic scene and they are still laughing at the sight of him in his robe. Even though she's gotten incredible simple minded, you have to love this Lucy Carmichael who sincerely wants to help people. The day I wake up and discover I've brought someone like Phil Harris home is the day I'm checking myself into a nut house.

"Lucy and Phil Harris" which is actually a whole lot better than I remember. LucyImHome asked who Phil Harris was and it made me think of this one. (BTW, LucyImHome I hope I didn't offend you that I was surprised you didn't know...If it wasn't for TLS I wouldn't either). I remember L&PH as not being very good, but it's grown on me. It's another example of a Bob O'Brien script where he tries to create a back-story. I give him a lot of credit for at least TRYING even if he didn't succeed all the time. Unlike Milt and Ray (authors of "Lucy & Phil Silvers") who can come up with a funny line (funny, but usually not CLEVER) but are just rotten with plots, leaving Lucy and Phil to fend for themselves. The Lucy Carmichael of L&PH is light years away from the 1st season character. She's funny but has NO class. That "I'm so enthusiastic about what I'm doing that I'm obnoxious" thing is a tricky one to pull off, and she does here--for the most part. If you've ever been in a piano bar, you have probably seen someone taking over, and they're usually pretty hard to take. But that's part of the character, because the manager tells Phil "we're getting complaints about the loud-mouthed redhead". I like the interplay between Lucy and Phil, which Phil handles very well. I love that he shoots the audience a dirty look when he's going into his dramatic scene and they are still laughing at the sight of him in his robe. Even though she's gotten incredible simple minded, you have to love this Lucy Carmichael who sincerely wants to help people. The day I wake up and discover I've brought someone like Phil Harris home is the day I'm checking myself into a nut house.

Yeah, i think YOU're more the Sam Harris type.

My 3 most hated episodes of Season 4 - Music World, Milton Berle, Return Of Iron Carmichael and I dislike them just as much, if not more than I did when I first saw them! :lucydaze: I can't find one redeeming quality in any of those episodes EXCEPT the way Lucy looks in the long wig.

My 3 most hated episodes of Season 4 - Music World, Milton Berle, Return Of Iron Carmichael and I dislike them just as much, if not more than I did when I first saw them! :lucydaze: I can't find one redeeming quality in any of those episodes EXCEPT the way Lucy looks in the long wig.

Yeah, did you notice that even Ann Sothern wore her hair the way Lucy did in the Dino show when they were showing Mooney that fancy apartment?

I watched The Choirmaster and loved every minute of it and i also watched the one where they show Mooney that fancy apartment, it was pretty tame for nowadays, not that fancy after all, i mean a murphy type bed in the living room??? :lucydisgust:

I'm sure the only reason they did that was for the "peekaboo" scene! I doubt a real fancy high-rise would have a Murphy bed in its living room, even back then! ;)

Lucy and the Golden Greek was the most recent

I didn't catch it at first that Howard Morris was Howie. Aside from lots of cartoon voices he played back in the day, he also was the voice of Wade Duck (who's afraid of just about everything) on "Garfield & Friends," one of my fave childhood cartoons.

And that photo of the service man is a bit risque, don't you think? Who is that? I can't really look at that every time I see one of your posts. :lucyhorror:

Lucy and the Golden Greek was the most recent

I didn't catch it at first that Howard Morris was Howie. Aside from lots of cartoon voices he played back in the day, he also was the voice of Wade Duck (who's afraid of just about everything) on "Garfield & Friends," one of my fave childhood cartoons.

And that photo of the service man is a bit risque, don't you think? Who is that? I can't really look at that every time I see one of your posts. :lucyhorror:

It's Joey himself, taken at last year's Fourth of July celebrations, you should see the unedited version. I watched the return of Ironman and i hated it then and still hate it now, it's like watching a Bob Hope special with his rotten sketches. Lucy saves Milton Berle was quite bad also. But both eps had their moments and i love her in anything anyway so who cares?