What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

Had The Lucy's show first season been off by a calendar day, we might have had:

"Chris's New Years Day Party"

Chris has invited her friends over to watch New Years Day Football but shortly after the kick-off, the Carmichael antenna blows over again.  It's Lucy to the rescue as she gathers the volunteer firewomen's football team together along with Ridgebury to play an impromptu game for the kids...with Harry Connors and Mr. Barnsdahl as referees.   Coach Crescent: William Shallert.  Ridgebury quarterback: Jody Gilbert.

A season 5 CLASSIC that one is!  :)

People don't seem to appreciate this one.  By this time, TLS was taking submissions from freelance writers and one-episode Alan J. Levitt wrote this one.  It's a pretty good play on the "I'm talking about one thing.  You're talking about another, but the terms can apply to both so we don't know we're talking about something different" premise.  (Levitt's name shows up on a lot of "All in Family" writing credits several years later).

Iris Adrian and Jody Gilbert are great additions.  Particular funny is Iris's reaction when Lucy muses that she'd like a cup of coffee followed by Jody's sarcastic "but of course...!!" and the ensuing exchange.

Did Jody's character have a name besides "Tinker/Tinkle-Bell"?

I STILL think someone on this board...ahem....can come up with a workable premise for "The Iris Adrian-Jody Gilbert Comedy Hour", the unearthed Desilu pilot/spin-off starring these two as the "Meets the Law" characters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched this one way early in the morning today:

"Lucy and Carol Burnett" (Part I)

The episode was okay but towards the end it became something else with Lucy and Carol "entertaining" the people on the plane. Any reality by the point was thrown out the window.

I'm going to skip over the following episode because all that is just another musical-variety one.

Lucy & The Lost Star

Lucy & Sid Caesar :(

Lucy & The Boss of the Year Award

Watching the last episode on the wonderful CBS DVDs makes me so thankful we have them -- I still can't believe the syndicated version cut almost the entire scene with Lucy and Mary Jane writing the letter back at her apartment -- hands-down the funniest scene between the two ladies in the whole TLS run, IMO.

Watched the ever rerunning public domain Jacques Bergerac one again on CTS, for like the tenth time in two months and was stunned by how great this episode was.  He was with Ginger Rogers at this time so I dunno if Lucy hired him as a favor to her distant cousin Ginger, but the show was just great.  Noticed the audience applauded her two or three times, she looked stunning in her flowered silky number that looked like the Lawrence Welk one and the one she wore for her date with the doctor in Yours mine and ours.  Lucy really shone through with her drunk number this time and I loved when Mr Bergerac says I NEED YOU and she answers FOR WHAT?  Great Lucy delivery as always.

• Like 1

Watched the ever rerunning public domain Jacques Bergerac one again on CTS, for like the tenth time in two months and was stunned by how great this episode was.  He was with Ginger Rogers at this time so I dunno if Lucy hired him as a favor to her distant cousin Ginger, but the show was just great.  Noticed the audience applauded her two or three times, she looked stunning in her flowered silky number that looked like the Lawrence Welk one and the one she wore for her date with the doctor in Yours mine and ours.  Lucy really shone through with her drunk number this time and I loved when Mr Bergerac says I NEED YOU and she answers FOR WHAT?  Great Lucy delivery as always.

One of my all-time favorite "late run" episodes! Great scene in his hotel room, classic Lucy "drunk" scene, so many priceless moments ("This has never happened before! My ball point pen has never failed me before!"), etc. etc.

And yes, she looked simply stunning! :peachonthebeach:

Yeah Joe, it was more sophisticated than usual, loved the well written humor, dunno which writers did this one but they deserved more shows to write for her.  And wasn't Jacques a real hunk????? 

Oh, but YES!  And they worked very well together, glad it was more than once.

If memory serves, this was one of Bobby O'Brien's...and certainly one of his better ones! ;)