What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

I freakin LOVE the MERM... Shes the shit! And I really like how she said to Ann Southren... I hear your working with Lucy.. How do you like her direction?

Deja...

I freakin LOVE the MERM... Shes the shit! And I really like how she said to Ann Southren... I hear your working with Lucy.. How do you like her direction?

VU!!! :HALKING:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched Lucy Dates Dean Martin.. oh how I love that episode. MY FIRST ONE TODAY ...WITH MY LEFT HAND.

Even Lucy once said it was her favorite of all her shows.  I too think it's one of the best, i love it as much or more than you do.  I started watching the entire series tonight, saw the first four, didn't know there were another four on the same disc so i stupidly went to the next four so i saw about twelve and can see myself enjoying the summer by watching the rest.  Of course the real standouts are the electric mattress (stilts or bunk beds) and the antenna, the two Christmas shows i watch every Holiday period so those were all too familiar but i had forgotten how funny the sister's wedding was, Viv and Lucy getting drunk while decorating the cake.  I also enjoyed one i never liked much, referee for the baseball team, just for that one scene where the kids hit each other AND her with those feather pillows, especially her own son Desi jr hitting her and getting hit back, LOL!

Just finished watching all of season one of this great series.  I am amazed at the sight of all her co stars, Mary Jane looks terrible here, wonder if she got a face lift as she looked so great on Here's Lucy.  Got a kick out of seeing Jerry Hausner again in the soda jerk one.  So many familiar faces everywhere, even the great Ellen Corby in a small role in the park when Lucy was chasing butterflies, never a favorite of mine.  But i have to say i only found one or two duds in the whole season, it was fun seeing Lucy interact with her very young kids here.  Will now tackle the other seasons.

Haven't seen these in a while myself but remember thinking "Butterfly" was out of place with the quality of the rest of the season.. Like everyone was having on off week.  And what a waste of the great Doris Packer in her only LS appearance. Even the weaker 1st season eps had something enjoyable about them. Which were on your dud list?  "Reporter" was a lesser effort.  The lab scenes of "Chemistry" are great but the end scene is a bit too far-fetched.  I love it when Lucy pulls Viv into the acid-removing shower and glad they left in Professor Lou Krugman almost forgetting that Lucy's last name is Carmichael!

Just finished watching all of season one of this great series.  I am amazed at the sight of all her co stars, Mary Jane looks terrible here, wonder if she got a face lift as she looked so great on Here's Lucy.  Got a kick out of seeing Jerry Hausner again in the soda jerk one.  So many familiar faces everywhere, even the great Ellen Corby in a small role int he park when Lucy was chasing butterflies, never a favorite of mine.  But i have to say i only found one or two duds in the whole season, it was fun seeing Lucy interact with her very young kids here.  Will now tackle the other seasons.

Haven't seen these in a while myself but remember thinking "Butterfly" was out of place with the quality of the rest of the season.. Like everyone was having on off week.  And what a waste of the great Doris Packer in her only LS appearance. Even the weaker 1st season eps had something enjoyable about them. Which were on your dud list?  "Reporter" was a lesser effort.  The lab scenes of "Chemistry" are great but the end scene is a bit too far-fetched.  I love it when Lucy pulls Viv into the acid-removing shower and glad they left in Professor Lou Krugman almost forgetting that Lucy's last name is Carmichael!

Oh i so agree about Doris Packer, that's exactly what i thought, they have HER in THIS?  The dvd includes that special Opening night promo which shows Lucy doing that Lucy gets in pictures, shorter version with the same actor.  I have to say i'm sorry they ever started that on her shows, always having the same actors play everything, it can be distracting.  One of the Volunteer firewomen then shows up as the maid in Butterfly.  Although other times, it can be so cool, Frank Nelson again on the train when they went to Washington to deliver the sugar cube White House.  The professor again in Chemistry when we just saw him in the CBS promo doing the routine he had done so well on ILL, Lucy gets in Pictures.  One thing i'm curious about is why Lucy and Viv look so bad, is it the black and white thing or had Ann Sothern not told Lucy about the Gene Hibbs make up yet?  The bags under their eyes also distract me.  I have to say that i went for a snack only a couple of times while watching, when the shows were just plain bad, like the butterfly one.  Otherwise i was thrilled that the series is really well done at this point, it's just that people OUR age have heard so many negative comments about this series and HL that we usually only watch la creme de la creme, ILL.  Well, i found it really enjoyable and plan to watch it all and then move on to Here's Lucy afterwards.  I say people OUR age because like Jim Baily, we are now both deducting 12 years off our ages, right?

Oh i so agree about Doris Packer, that's exactly what i thought, they have HER in THIS?  The dvd includes that special Opening night promo which shows Lucy doing that Lucy gets in pictures, shorter version with the same actor.  I have to say i'm sorry they ever started that on her shows, always having the same actors play everything, it can be distracting.  One of the Volunteer firewomen then shows up as the maid in Butterfly.  Although other times, it can be so cool, Frank Nelson again on the train when they went to Washington to deliver the sugar cube White House.  The professor again in Chemistry when we just saw him in the CBS promo doing the routine he had done so well on ILL, Lucy gets in Pictures.  One thing i'm curious about is why Lucy and Viv look so bad, is it the black and white thing or had Ann Sothern not told Lucy about the Gene Hibbs make up yet?  The bags under their eyes also distract me.  I have to say that i went for a snack only a couple of times while watching, when the shows were just plain bad, like the butterfly one.  Otherwise i was thrilled that the series is really well done at this point, it's just that people OUR age have heard so many negative comments about this series and HL that we usually only watch la creme de la creme, ILL.  Well, i found it really enjoyable and plan to watch it all and then move on to Here's Lucy afterwards.  I say people OUR age because like Jim Baily, we are now both deducting 12 years off our ages, right?

What happened to 11??? :HALKING:

Recently I have been watching Season 6, one of my very favorite seasons of this show.. and I think maybe the best as far as consistently good entertaining fun.  The Lucy and Phil Harris is a good one as is the Stolen Stole.  I seem to gravitate toward this season most often.

Season six was probably the best of the Hollywood years. It had gotten through the transition of season four and the 'writing' issues in season 5. Lucy had a well deserved Emmy. My only issue was that there wasn't much physical comedy.

Recently I have been watching Season 6, one of my very favorite seasons of this show.. and I think maybe the best as far as consistently good entertaining fun.  The Lucy and Phil Harris is a good one as is the Stolen Stole.  I seem to gravitate toward this season most often.

Finally, someone else who LOVES the later seasons as much as i do.

Season six was probably the best of the Hollywood years. It had gotten through the transition of season four and the 'writing' issues in season 5. Lucy had a well deserved Emmy. My only issue was that there wasn't much physical comedy.

I was just happy it finally became the REALLY LUCY show.