What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

This makes it my second showing. You are right, it is!!!

Couldn't sleep last night, soooooo

Lucy Buys A Boat-CLASSIC!!!

Lucy And Viv Are Volunteer Firemen

Lucy And Viv Become Tycoons- Lots of popcorn props

Lucy And The Little League- Desi Jr. plays Audrey Simmons son, Billy."Hey whose the wise guy!"

Lucy And The Runaway Butterfly- I forgot that Mary Wickes was in this one.

Finally finishing up watching the TLS Season 4 discs... oh, so many questions!! Such a flawed season!! So many gems....and just as many "turkeys"! But it's all Lucy, so ...it's all good! ;)

Just watched:

Lucy the Robot -- watched right after watching the bonus feature showing this show in rehearsal, which just proves once and for all this woman knew her stuff. So, so, amazing to have just a glimpse of watching her at work, interacting with one of her directors (Maury), blocking scenes, details as seemingly minute as what angle the TV in the scene should be at -- amazing!! The episode itself: middling, IMHO. Not one of the season's best.

Lucy & Bob Crane -- so surreal to watch this as both are portrayed as such innocents, knowing now what a perv Crane really was and how sad and pathetic his early demise as a result. Makes me wonder if Big Red would ever have worked with him had she known....doubtful, IMHO.

Lucy and Clint Walker (what a hunk of woman!!) :D As usual, La Ball was ahead of her time and was in essence a "cougar" dating the studly Walker, probably a good 20 years her junior. They had great chemistry and I'm glad they had him on more than once, too bad he didn't appear semi-regularly, if only as a "fall back" boyfriend. Works for me!

Lucy the Superwoman - can't believe I'm saying this but not having seen it in years, not as bad as I remembered it....that is, until the over-the-top stunts scene in the third act. Does anyone else think that was not her but a stuntwoman when she did the flip in the air? I can't believe they'd really let her do that, if for no other reasons than insurance reasons and the chance the star of the show might get hurt.

Also noticed that she wore a "toned down" variation of the Dean Martin ep wig; while I like the "original" version much better, perhaps if she'd worn this version -- which was sort of a combo of her regular wig and the DM one -- it may have gone over better than the all-out glam look one in its original form (although I prefer that one over all of them!). ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to dress up like Vivian Tuttle Bagley and get an exclusive interview with her old beau Argy.

Harry and I wanted go alone on a date without tagging along with Eddie and Viv. For some dumb reason, Eddie and Viv just wouldn't let us.

I had an ideal to make money out of marketing Viv's candy corn. We made the candy corn out of my home and everything was going fine till we were raided by the cops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was recently watching "Lucy and the monsters" disc 3 from the third season. Never realized this but the scene where Lucy and Viv were on the stretcher. Just before it faded out, part of one of the crew members head got in the shot. It's on the right side of the screen.

Oh yeah, that was good ole Irving Lipshitz and he was always trying to get into the shot for extra money. :lucydisgust:

Was recently watching "Lucy and the monsters" disc 3 from the third season. Never realized this but the scene where Lucy and Viv were on the stretcher. Just before it faded out, part of one of the crew members head got in the shot. It's on the right side of the screen.

I guess nobody wanted to make the back of this guy's head a star!

Lucy Takes Up Chemistry

Though on occasion I will pick a favorite episode and watch it out of order as a role I like to watch them in order. However, this is one of my favorite episodes. The final scene with Lucy in the brown wig and bushy eyebrows is hysterical. Though I enjoy the entire series the first three seasons with Viv are my favorite with season 1 standing out as my overall favorite.

Lucy Takes Up Chemistry

Though on occasion I will pick a favorite episode and watch it out of order as a role I like to watch them in order. However, this is one of my favorite episodes. The final scene with Lucy in the brown wig and bushy eyebrows is hysterical. Though I enjoy the entire series the first three seasons with Viv are my favorite with season 1 standing out as my overall favorite.

Really? That's why i never liked the chemistry ep, that ridiculous hairdo and bushy eyebrow slapsticky thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Really? That's why i never liked the chemistry ep, that ridiculous hairdo and bushy eyebrow slapsticky thing.

Wow.. I wish you didn't feel that way.. remeber it was makeup from the H.S. drama department and they had to work fast before she woke up.. so it wasn't goning to be spectacular.. just goofy enough to teach her a lesson! I LOVE it when she SKIPS to the ladies room thinking she is twentysomething! "A little potion I whipped up, when I'm finished YOU'LL be able to look like this too!"

I watched The Choirmaster and loved every minute of it and i also watched the one where they show Mooney that fancy apartment, it was pretty tame for nowadays, not that fancy after all, i mean a murphy type bed in the living room??? :lucydisgust:

Yeah, but it slides in and out of the wall !!! Very cool still to this day!

Last night since I have such a huge social life, I watched the one where they made the White House with sugar cubes and actually watched it.. and I have to say, I thought the bit with Annabell was HILARIOUS..I mean yeah it's a fake horse, but we have to cut this series slack all the time anyway, and Viv's reaction to her while on the train and Lucy's reaction to Annabell taking off is so LUCY... and of course her entrance after a mishap... I just cracked up.. so glad I gave it another shot!

Also, I read in "The Lucy Book" that the butterfly was optically inserted in the episode where she has to hunt down Jerry's moth... but my episode didn't have an optically inserted butterfly or an optically inserted gorilla, all I saw was Lucy swatting at air... Is my DVD defective or do I need a new TV... or new glasses??

Wow.. I wish you didn't feel that way.. remeber it was makeup from the H.S. drama department and they had to work fast before she woke up.. so it wasn't goning to be spectacular.. just goofy enough to teach her a lesson! I LOVE it when she SKIPS to the ladies room thinking she is twentysomething! "A little potion I whipped up, when I'm finished YOU'LL be able to look like this too!"

Good point, never thought of that. But i thought at this point she didn't have to resort to clowninsh make up.

Also, I read in "The Lucy Book" that the butterfly was optically inserted in the episode where she has to hunt down Jerry's moth... but my episode didn't have an optically inserted butterfly or an optically inserted gorilla, all I saw was Lucy swatting at air... Is my DVD defective or do I need a new TV... or new glasses??

I have no idea but wouldn't go by anything that guy says anyway.

I have no idea but wouldn't go by anything that guy says anyway.

Yeah, the optical butterfly seems to be a mistake. I just saw Lucy swinging at air too. He must've gotten some misinformation.

There's another "fact" he threw in there that I don't quite believe. He says that "Lucy Meets the Burtons" was the last episode shot for Here's Lucy's third season, but it was the first one aired. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way they'd have been able to shoot an entire season's worth of episodes BEFORE it even premiered! I find it very hard to believe that the Burton one was the very last one shot.

Yeah, the optical butterfly seems to be a mistake. I just saw Lucy swinging at air too. He must've gotten some misinformation.

There's another "fact" he threw in there that I don't quite believe. He says that "Lucy Meets the Burtons" was the last episode shot for Here's Lucy's third season, but it was the first one aired. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way they'd have been able to shoot an entire season's worth of episodes BEFORE it even premiered! I find it very hard to believe that the Burton one was the very last one shot.

"Lucy Meets the Burtons" was filmed in May 1970, but was not the last episode filmed of the season. It was possible for them to do an entire season before it premiered, though. I believe the fifth season of Here's Lucy was completed before the season premiered to allow for the filming of Mame. I think the fifth season ended filming in August 1972 and the sixth season didn't commence to about July 1973.

"Lucy Meets the Burtons" was filmed in May 1970, but was not the last episode filmed of the season. It was possible for them to do an entire season before it premiered, though. I believe the fifth season of Here's Lucy was completed before the season premiered to allow for the filming of Mame. I think the fifth season ended filming in August 1972 and the sixth season didn't commence to about July 1973.

Well, YOU would know! Sometimes i think you were THERE from the info you give us.

• 2 weeks later...