What episodes are you watching on "The Lucy Show"?

I heard they became friends way back in the mid-1950s when Betty had that talk show. Lucy came over to the studio and that's how they got acquainted. I can't remember where I heard that story, maybe Betty told it somewhere.

On Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy Betty tells the story of when Lucy came to visit her when she was on A Date with the Angels in the 1950s and how she was so impressed that Lucy knew who she was and took the time to come and see her. So they probably became acquainted back in the 1950s and the fact that their mothers were best friends probably gave them another bond. :)

On Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy Betty tells the story of when Lucy came to visit her when she was on A Date with the Angels in the 1950s and how she was so impressed that Lucy knew who she was and took the time to come and see her. So they probably became acquainted back in the 1950s and the fact that their mothers were best friends probably gave them another bond. :)

Then that begs the question, how did DeDe and Betty's mom meet? LOL. Unless they were introduced by their daughters...

Inquiring minds want to know! Was there some sort of Celebrity Moms Club they met at? Sounds like a reality TV show. :marionstrong:

YES! The Motion Picture Mothers' Club. That's the organization Hedda Hopper was going to be attending at the hotel in "The Hedda Hopper Story." DeDe appeared on an episode of The Peter Marshall Variety Show shortly before she died with some of the other mothers involved including Gena Rowlands' and David Janssen's. I don't think Tess White was there.

YES! The Motion Picture Mothers' Club. That's the organization Hedda Hopper was going to be attending at the hotel in "The Hedda Hopper Story." DeDe appeared on an episode of The Peter Marshall Variety Show shortly before she died with some of the other mothers involved including Gena Rowlands' and David Janssen's. I don't think Tess White was there.

I'm quite surprised the marshall fellow tolerated Lucy's mom on his show.

Well slap my butt and call me Shirley. That's hilarious. :peachonthebeach:

• 2 weeks later...

I love Iris Adrian and Jody Gilbert in "Meets the Law". Has there ever been a female guest supporting player that has gotten her own spotlight like Iris?

Jody is hilarious and has the two best lines of the show; but what a mess! That has to be the worst hairdo EVER...also looks like she forgot her uppers that particular Thursday night.

I love Iris Adrian and Jody Gilbert in "Meets the Law". Has there ever been a female guest supporting player that has gotten her own spotlight like Iris?

Jody is hilarious and has the two best lines of the show; but what a mess! That has to be the worst hairdo EVER...also looks like she forgot her uppers that particular Thursday night.

Refresh my memory with more details please?

Refresh my memory with more details please?

"Lucy Meets the Law". Lucy litters, but mistaken identities result in her being picked up by the cops for shoplifting. The script is by Alan J. Levitt, the only Lucy episode he ever wrote. It's actually a pretty good variation of one person talking about one thing (Lucy: her littering) and another talking about another (Cops: robbery) and using terms that can be perceived as applying to both.

Lucy's cell mate is Iris Adrian "Hard Head Hogan" who in an extended solo bit explains her specialty ("Natural talent. Had it since I was a kid"). Lucy requests a private room from toothless, frowsy-haired matron Jody Gilbert. "I don't feel welcome here."

Jody: "AHH....you're as welcome as the flowers in May."

Later Lucy 'rings for room service' when she wants a cup of coffee.

Hard-head 'puts in her order' with Jody ("Tinkerbell" aka "Tinklebell") who is only too please to serve:

"But of course! And would madam like cream and sugar in her coffee".

Lucy's not picking up on the sarcasm: "I'll take a little cream but no sugar. I'll take saccharine because I've been on a diet and I wouldn't want to...."

Jody: "AH SHUT UP!"

"Lucy Meets the Law". Lucy litters, but mistaken identities result in her being picked up by the cops for shoplifting. The script is by Alan J. Levitt, the only Lucy episode he ever wrote. It's actually a pretty good variation of one person talking about one thing (Lucy: her littering) and another talking about another (Cops: robbery) and using terms that can be perceived as applying to both.

Lucy's cell mate is Iris Adrian "Hard Head Hogan" who in an extended solo bit explains her specialty ("Natural talent. Had it since I was a kid"). Lucy requests a private room from toothless, frowsy-haired matron Jody Gilbert. "I don't feel welcome here."

Jody: "AHH....you're as welcome as the flowers in May."

Later Lucy 'rings for room service' when she wants a cup of coffee.

Hard-head 'puts in her order' with Jody ("Tinkerbell" aka "Tinklebell") who is only too please to serve:

"But of course! And would madam like cream and sugar in her coffee".

Lucy's not picking up on the sarcasm: "I'll take a little cream but no sugar. I'll take saccharine because I've been on a diet and I wouldn't want to...."

Jody: "AH SHUT UP!"

Oh yes, one of my all time faves, i forgot the names but can never forget those two ladies and their terrific acting and charecterizations.

First I helped Lucy and Mary Jane throw a party in honour of Carol Bradford and BOY did she come out of her shell! :lucyshock: Then after joining Lucy and Mooney on a submarine trip, I booked an appointment with Margo of Margo's Mad Mad Mod Interiors to re-do Speedy's office, encountered a secretary that looked like a MOVIE STAR( :HALKING: !!! ), started a grass roots movement to stop a freeway from a comin' down Main Street, and now I'm watching Mooney negotiate Lucy's contract with Jack Benny.

Watched these yesterday:

"Lucy and George Burns"

"Lucy, the Bean Queen"

"Lucy and the Ring-a-Ding Ring"

"Lucy Gets a Roommate"

Watched these today:

"Lucy and Carol In Palm Springs"

"Lucy and the Submarine"

"Lucy Gets Caught in a Draft"

"Lucy and Paul Winchell"

"Lucy and John Wayne"

"Lucy Goes to London"

"Lucy and Pat Collins"

Currently watching:

"Mooney, the Monkey"

Watched these yesterday:

"Lucy and George Burns"

"Lucy, the Bean Queen"

"Lucy and the Ring-a-Ding Ring"

"Lucy Gets a Roommate"

Watched these today:

"Lucy and Carol In Palm Springs"

"Lucy and the Submarine"

"Lucy Gets Caught in a Draft"

"Lucy and Paul Winchell"

"Lucy and John Wayne"

"Lucy Goes to London"

"Lucy and Pat Collins"

Currently watching:

"Mooney, the Monkey"

Didn't you watch the SPECIAL after the Lucy goes to London show? I hear they might be slightly related.

Didn't you watch the SPECIAL after the Lucy goes to London show? I hear they might be slightly related.

Watched a little bit of the LIL special on youtube --- wasn't too impressed. Kind of got bored with it. For now, I will just be watching the episodes. But later I might watch the special too.

I just finished watching the remaining episodes on the set. What a blast that was! Season five was such an excellent season! Loved it from start to finish.

Now you see, that's what i want to hear, i've always said that four five and six were better than one two and three, that was reflected in the ratings too.

Now you see, that's what i want to hear, i've always said that four five and six were better than one two and three, that was reflected in the ratings too.

The ratings for each season were more or less about the same. It was the rankings in the Nielsen Top 10 that changed.

1962-1963 (1st) season: 14,989,400 viewers (ranked 5th)

1963-1964 (2nd) season: 14,499,600 viewers (ranked 6th)

1964-1965 (3rd) season: 14,018,200 viewers (ranked 8th)

1965-1966 (4th) season: 14,916,450 viewers (ranked 3rd)

1966-1967 (5th) season: 14,444,060 viewers (ranked 4th)

1967-1968 (6th) season: 15,300,900 viewers (ranked 2nd)

Source: http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings

This is the order of the number of viewers each season attracted from highest to lowest:

1. The 6th season w/15,300,900 viewers

2. The 1st season w/14,989,400 viewers

3. The 4th season w/14,916,450 viewers

4. The 2nd season w/14,499,600 viewers

5. The 5th season w/14,444,060 viewers

6. The 3rd season w/14,018,200 viewers

The ratings for each season were more or less about the same. It was the rankings in the Nielsen Top 10 that changed.

Dunno where you got those numbers but they make no sense for THAT time period, back then the viewers were much much higher and the ratings are what i'm talking about, and the show was number two in it's last season, topped only by the Andy Griffith show. Which has always been a pet peeve of mine, why are the Hillbillies, Griffith and Lucy taking so long to come out on dvd when they were three of the top shows of the sixties?

This is the order of the number of viewers each season attracted from highest to lowest:

1. The 6th season w/15,300,900 viewers

2. The 1st season w/14,989,400 viewers

3. The 4th season w/14,916,450 viewers

4. The 2nd season w/14,499,600 viewers

5. The 5th season w/14,444,060 viewers

6. The 3rd season w/14,018,200 viewers

I am not going by YOUR audience numbers because they are not right, try the Neilsen ratings which were the ones that mattered at that time, and the order goes by rankings so it's 6 4 5 1 2 and 3.