Lucie and Desi Jr. Photos

HarryCarter

She listed the other three among her favorites at various times. Maybe she loved Arte too. Who knows? She wasn't happy with his "Goodnight Lucy and you too, Gary" sign off on Laugh-In, but she had him on her show.

She just jokingly complained to the producer of Laugh In, George Schlatter that YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? So, she would never hold anything against Arte for just saying the lines that saluted her on many shows of the series. And even George, when he started the Comedy Awards gave her one for comedy legend, the one she never bothered attending, just sending in a thank you clip, and two other winners, Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin spent their thank you time talking about HER, LOL!

She just jokingly complained to the producer of Laugh In, George Schlatter that YOU THINK THAT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? So, she would never hold anything against Arte for just saying the lines that saluted her on many shows of the series. And even George, when he started the Comedy Awards gave her one for comedy legend, the one she never bothered attending, just sending in a thank you clip, and two other winners, Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin spent their thank you time talking about HER, LOL!

I'm sure she did like Arte Johnson. I was just saying that the other three people (Williams, Albertson, and Reed) were all people Lucy was major fans of. Lucy was good friends with George Schlatter.

Lucie was a judge on the show at least twice in 1977: once with two of Lucy's favorite people Paul Williams and Jack Albertson and once with Rex Reed (another favorite) and Arte Johnson.

Harry: I can't find Lucie on the Gong Show...ever; can you reveal your cite; so, I can research and find those dates. IMDb does not show her in any of the episodes...thanks

JK

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...maybe that's why the marriage didn't last long. Then she married a guy 17 years her senior. Hmm. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :lucyhorror::marionstrong:

One thing i really love about her though is that like Lucy, she kept in contact with her former lovers and so did Larry, they all got along famously together. Larry's ex , after all, they shared two kids, and Lucie's ex working on that documentary on her parents as he was a documentary filmmaker or at least BILLED that way when they married.

Okay, let's not go there! I already figured she had a "daddy" complex and now THIS! :lucydaze:

I know, HUNG UP on daddy forever, then marrying a guy who looked like her brother who was already a younger version of daddy. Well, it does seem to have worked out for them, they've been married for years, raised three great kids together, five, if you count his two with Robin and you never hear anything about any problems marriage wise.

• 1 month later...

Well, to be fair, it does seem to have worked out great marriage wise, regardless of any significant age difference, they've been married for decades, raised three great normal kids together and are still going strong now.

He does look like a nice guy. Not someone I'd go for looks-wise and the age difference would scare me off, but good for Lucie anyway. BTW, is it true Big Lucy didn't like Larry for some reason or was that just a rumor?