TLS - S4 - on DVD April 26! (Special Features Info added!)

DoreSchary

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought you guys might like to see this promo with clips from the upcoming release. Enjoy!

OMG what a great promo, thanks so much for putting that up, isn't that absolutely the clearest picture you have ever seen? It'll be like seeing all new shows they are so friggin perfect and she never looked lovelier, so more modern than on I Love Lucy. Two more months of agony to wait to get our hands on those beautiful shows.

OMG what a great promo, thanks so much for putting that up, isn't that absolutely the clearest picture you have ever seen? It'll be like seeing all new shows they are so friggin perfect and she never looked lovelier, so more modern than on I Love Lucy. Two more months of agony to wait to get our hands on those beautiful shows.

I agree Claude! I think Lucy looks the best yet in this upcoming Season. So fresh and youthful! Cannot WAIT! I'm more excited for this release than I am for Season 4 of Here's Lucy!

I agree Claude! I think Lucy looks the best yet in this upcoming Season. So fresh and youthful! Cannot WAIT! I'm more excited for this release than I am for Season 4 of Here's Lucy!

Oh same here, she's like a little old lady in the last seasons of Here's Lucy but looks like she was in real life on The Lucy Show. And in the first three seasons she was this staid housewife and mother, here she is PURE LUCY!

AWESOME! The promo came out a lot sooner this time around. Definitely looks beautiful and can't wait to get this season in my hands. So excited to see the remastered, uncut print of "Lucy and Joan". Anyone know if they have already started re-storing Season 5 or if that is on hold?

Thanks for posting the link!

I totally agree of course, but will the good folks at CBS/Paramount Home Video think the same. Personally, I think it will be released (the Phil Silvers episode has already been released and I assume fully restored etc)

They WILL release season five and then later, season six also, and then they will come out with the Lucy Show BOXED SET with all six seasons, they're not going to release one of the most popular shows of all time missing a couple of seasons. Then, they'll probably even colorize season one and eventually put the whole thing out on Blu Ray so clear you will be able to see the veins in Mr Mooney's forehead pop out when he screams his head off in surround sound. :lucythrill: er i mean :lucy2::hlLOL:

They WILL release season five and then later, season six also, and then they will come out with the Lucy Show BOXED SET with all six seasons, they're not going to release one of the most popular shows of all time missing a couple of seasons. Then, they'll probably even colorize season one and eventually put the whole thing out on Blu Ray so clear you will be able to see the veins in Mr Mooney's forehead pop out when he screams his head off in surround sound. :lucythrill: er i mean :lucy2::hlLOL:

I just hope they put Lucy in London as a special on Season 5 release!!!!

I just hope they put Lucy in London as a special on Season 5 release!!!!

Yes because the way you people go on about how SPENSIVE the music rights are or would be for this, i keep thinking all i'll ever have is my shitty copy with almost no color left but with the sound still intact, best and most DIFFERENT special she ever did.

which episodes are these--

the one at the very beginning with Lucy's apartment "exploding"

and then the one where she walks along the fence in that poofy purple dress with the sign that says "Carol Channing at USO Theatre"

And the one where she's in the sequined fuschia dress with everyone holding parasols (like shes in a movie)

and of course the end when she's walking down the stairs with a thing over her head with fireworks shooting out? That one looks funny!

and then the one where she walks along the fence in that poofy purple dress with the sign that says "Carol Channing at USO Theatre"

And the one where she's in the sequined fuschia dress with everyone holding parasols (like shes in a movie)

and of course the end when she's walking down the stairs with a thing over her head with fireworks shooting out? That one looks funny!

Sounds like you've never seen 'em! Well hold on a little longer, they're all on the upcoming Season 4 release! Going my memory only since I haven't watched any of these in years (got none of 'em on DVD and my VHS copies are in storage, dang it), the exploding TV one is the first Ironman episode, the parosols sequence and the down the stars headress scenes are from the Danny Thomas episode. The Carol Channing imitation I forget the exact ep title but I think she's acting as decoy for the cops for some reason which escapes me at the moment.... :rolleyes:

Obviously I need to see all these again and get a "refresher course"! ;)

I think the one with Lucy and the Carol Channing sign is from "Lucy and the Undercover Agent". Isn't the Countess in this episode too? Can anyone confirm?

Re. Lucy in London special, I don't think the music rights will be too much of a problem = this was the supposed reason why Here's Lucy full seasons would never make it onto DVD a couple of years ago. And it's not as if Paramount/CBS couldn't afford to pay for the rights - how many music rights are we talking about (I have never seen this special)

Re. Lucy in London special, I don't think the music rights will be too much of a problem = this was the supposed reason why Here's Lucy full seasons would never make it onto DVD a couple of years ago. And it's not as if Paramount/CBS couldn't afford to pay for the rights - how many music rights are we talking about (I have never seen this special)

It's nearly ALL music, very little sketches like a "regular" variety special and I have no doubt it would be very cost prohibiitive to pay for all the rights for the music, not to mention to the estate of Anthony Newly as most of the songs in it were written and/or performed by him, as well as the big "Lucy in London" production number featuring the song by the then-huge pop group Dave Clark Five. AND you have to add in what it'd cost to digitally restore the film as from the lousy prints we've seen, they've probably used the same 16mm print(s) for eons and that won't cut it for DVD release, at least not if they do it right. I hate to say it as much as *I* want this for my collection but I just don't see this happening, at least not in its full-length form, it would just be something tightassed CBS wouldn't want to shell out any $$ for!

lucydisgust.JPG

It's nearly ALL music, very little sketches like a "regular" variety special and I have no doubt it would be very cost prohibiitive to pay for all the rights for the music, not to mention to the estate of Anthony Newly as most of the songs in it were written and/or performed by him, as well as the big "Lucy in London" production number featuring the song by the then-huge pop group Dave Clark Five. AND you have to add in what it'd cost to digitally restore the film as from the lousy prints we've seen, they've probably used the same 16mm print(s) for eons and that won't cut it for DVD release, at least not if they do it right. I hate to say it as much as *I* want this for my collection but I just don't see this happening, at least not in its full-length form, it would just be something tightassed CBS wouldn't want to shell out any $$ for!

lucydisgust.JPG

There was a time when people thought The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy and then her other specials would never be released, but they eventually were.

There was a time when people thought The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy and then her other specials would never be released, but they eventually were.

I have a hunch it will be released somehow. These dvds have been gold for Paramount. They've sold really well and Lucy fans have been very excited over all of the seasons released thus far. It's perfect for "Lucy in London" to be part of Season 5 to give it a selling point. If they include it, I think it will be a big seller, much bigger than just having the episodes from that season.

Archived