TLS - S4 - on DVD April 26! (Special Features Info added!)

DoreSchary

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a hunch it will be released somehow. These dvds have been gold for Paramount. They've sold really well and Lucy fans have been very excited over all of the seasons released thus far. It's perfect for "Lucy in London" to be part of Season 5 to give it a selling point. If they include it, I think it will be a big seller, much bigger than just having the episodes from that season.

But unfortunately, that doesn't make it financially viable to do so: remember, CBS Paramount and MPI are in it for the money, and the only reason the respective releases have ANY extra bonus features on them AT ALL is at the insistence of the producers of the DVDs and the cooperation and assistance of Lucie & Desi, Jr.

You have no idea how lucky we are to have gotten what we've gotten....and as much as I want to see LIL in pristine uncut form too, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

But you have no idea how thrilled I'd be to be proved wrong about this!!! ;)

BTW: Lucy Moves to NBC is being prepped as we speak! Woohoo! :D

But unfortunately, that doesn't make it financially viable to do so: remember, CBS Paramount and MPI are in it for the money, and the only reason the respective releases have ANY extra bonus features on them AT ALL is at the insistence of the producers of the DVDs and the cooperation and assistance of Lucie & Desi, Jr.

You have no idea how lucky we are to have gotten what we've gotten....and as much as I want to see LIL in pristine uncut form too, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

But you have no idea how thrilled I'd be to be proved wrong about this!!! ;)

Oh you'll be proven WRONG all right, just like everybody else was when they kept saying her other shows would never be released on dvd and they all were weren't they? I just love it when a new season gets released and the naysayers start on the one that follows in the same negative way, LOL!

Does that mean that is up next (this year) after Season 4 of "Here's Lucy" comes out? I was thinking we would have to wait until Season 6 but I'd be happy to get it a lot sooner. That's the special I've never seen and would love to simply for the nostalgia.

Oh you'll be proven WRONG all right, just like everybody else was when they kept saying her other shows would never be released on dvd and they all were weren't they? I just love it when a new season gets released and the naysayers start on the one that follows in the same negative way, LOL!

Oh you are so RIGHT Claude, i just love your posts, LOL! By the way, i would think that as Lucy in London becomes the one thing of hers that is NOT released yet, it only becomes more rare, more valuable, more requested and demanded by her fans and they then just HAVE TO bring it out, like the 40th aniniversary of the pilot when that was finally FOUND! Maybe Phil Spector's got it in his jail cell with him, hidden under his bunk.

Oh you are so RIGHT Claude, i just love your posts, LOL! By the way, i would think that as Lucy in London becomes the one thing of hers that is NOT released yet, it only becomes more rare, more valuable, more requested and demanded by her fans and they then just HAVE TO bring it out, like the 40th aniniversary of the pilot when that was finally FOUND! Maybe Phil Spector's got it in his jail cell with him, hidden under his bunk.

LOL, I got confused there for a minute. I was thinking "Isn't this Claude". You know what they say when you start replying to yourself :lucythrill:

I do hope they release Lucy In London!!! It can't be THAT hard to release it.................I mean, Phil relinquishes all rights once he's in jail so we might be in luck! :lucysmirk:

I'm hardly a naysayer I just think in this case it might be a good idea not to get our hopes up too much. But that certainly doesn't mean I don't WANT it to come out!! Nothing further from the truth, actually! ;)

I'm hardly a naysayer I just think in this case it might be a good idea not to get our hopes up too much. But that certainly doesn't mean I don't WANT it to come out!! Nothing further from the truth, actually! ;)

I'll become a member of the Shirley Jones fan club along with YOU her President, if the special does NOT come out, how's that? And i never called YOU a naysayer, it just bugs my a$$ when instead of enjoying the latest season that comes out, they start on BUT THE NEXT SEASON IS NOT GOING TO COME OUT HUH?

• 2 weeks later...

Re. Lucy in London special, I don't think the music rights will be too much of a problem = this was the supposed reason why Here's Lucy full seasons would never make it onto DVD a couple of years ago. And it's not as if Paramount/CBS couldn't afford to pay for the rights - how many music rights are we talking about (I have never seen this special)

I've never, ever seen the special either. I don't think it was pointed out here that the episode "Lucy flies to London", is the lead-in to the special, Lucy in London. With everything that's been put into the seasons 1-3, like The Lucille Ball Comedy Hour Special, and the Lucy at the World's Fair Documentary, it would be a huge disappointment if LiL is not included in the season 5 set. It would be the crucial selling point.

Not entirely, no. I wonder what rare goodies might be in there.

I hear they have that sex tape with gary penciled in for the last season, that i can live without. :lucydisgust::lucythrill: Film of their wedding might be nice though. He was Jewish so tradition says the man breaks a glass by stomping on it, then we'll see him crying over the cost of said glass.

I hear they have that sex tape with gary penciled in for the last season, that i can live without. :lucydisgust::lucythrill: Film of their wedding might be nice though. He was Jewish so tradition says the man breaks a glass by stomping on it, then we'll see him crying over the cost of said glass.

Gross. I don't wanna see Gary's schmeckel either! lol

Gross. I don't wanna see Gary's schmeckel either! lol

Ok, all kidding and hathred and resentment aside, he was a very distinguished looking man, dapper, good looking, well groomed and well dressed, a man's man, he took her hand and her money, oops, sorry, he helped her run her house, raise her kids, made her laugh, kept her happy and she seemed quite happy with him so i am happy to see these movie clips of them having a great time together and The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy is certainly the place for us to see those. There you go, that wasn't half as hard as i thought it might be, LOL! I've joked a lot about his second rate status as a comic, his toupees, his lack of talent, his mooching off of her over the decades and of course the dreaded BAD CAREER ADVICE, but as long as he made her happy, that's good enough for me. I wanna see any and all film on them together over those 28 years Lucy spent in morton prison, ok, so it's not so easy after all, did you notice how similar the words moron and morton are? But he did make her happy and he never boozed it up or made the papers with escapades with broads and that's all she really wanted.

Ok, all kidding and hathred and resentment aside, he was a very distinguished looking man, dapper, good looking, well groomed and well dressed, a man's man, he took her hand and her money, oops, sorry, he helped her run her house, raise her kids, made her laugh, kept her happy and she seemed quite happy with him so i am happy to see these movie clips of them having a great time together and The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy is certainly the place for us to see those. There you go, that wasn't half as hard as i thought it might be, LOL! I've joked a lot about his second rate status as a comic, his toupees, his lack of talent, his mooching off of her over the decades and of course the dreaded BAD CAREER ADVICE, but as long as he made her happy, that's good enough for me. I wanna see any and all film on them together over those 28 years Lucy spent in morton prison, ok, so it's not so easy after all, did you notice how similar the words moron and morton are? But he did make her happy and he never boozed it up or made the papers with escapades with broads and that's all she really wanted.

I'm thinking somebody is not a Gary Morton fan! :lol: I've never heard anything bad about him.

I'm thinking somebody is not a Gary Morton fan! :lol: I've never heard anything bad about him.

Read the books on her, it's all there, especially the ones written after gary passed away in '99, i especially loved Howard Rayfayel's book, WHERE THE HELL IS DESILU, he told it all, warts and all.

Read the books on her, it's all there, especially the ones written after gary passed away in '99, i especially loved Howard Rayfayel's book, WHERE THE HELL IS DESILU, he told it all, warts and all.

Well, there is one thing that I don't like about him. He should have stipulated that all of Lucille Ball's possessions go back to Lucie and Desi, upon the time of his death. Not get in the grubby hands of his next wife.

Well, there is one thing that I don't like about him. He should have stipulated that all of Lucille Ball's possessions go back to Lucie and Desi, upon the time of his death. Not get in the grubby hands of his next wife.

But wasn't the fact that she married him in the first place to get her hands on HIS money and he didn't have anything till he met Lucy. God, he even thought he'd get to keep that house. He squatted in it for years before they threw him out. But he was a nice guy, i liked him a lot, the cheap ignorant untalented bastard. :lucythrill: As for your point, Lucie never should have let him keep those things when Lucy died.

HERE HERE!!

But wasn't the fact that she married him in the first place to get her hands on HIS money and he didn't have anything till he met Lucy. God, he even thought he'd get to keep that house. He squatted in it for years before they threw him out. But he was a nice guy, i liked him a lot, the cheap ignorant untalented bastard. :lucythrill: As for your point, Lucie never should have let him keep those things when Lucy died.

But wasn't the fact that she married him in the first place to get her hands on HIS money and he didn't have anything till he met Lucy. God, he even thought he'd get to keep that house. He squatted in it for years before they threw him out. But he was a nice guy, i liked him a lot, the cheap ignorant untalented bastard

BOY, OH, BOY, YOU SURELY KNOW HOW TO BRIGHTEN UP A FORUM!!!! :lol:

Archived