14 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS HER BEST FEATURE?

• EYES
    • HAIR
    • LIPS
    • FIGURE
    • NAILS
    • EYEBROWS

Ok, who the heck voted for her hair and why did you not state the reasons why? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I sort of agree that her hair is her trademark, did you see that pic Brock posted of her with the same short and sassy hairstyle about twenty years apart?

Ok, who the heck voted for her hair and why did you not state the reasons why? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I sort of agree that her hair is her trademark, did you see that pic Brock posted of her with the same short and sassy hairstyle about twenty years apart?

I'm the one that voted for her hair :) That's what people remember her for! Ask a random person what they remember of Lucille Ball (looks wise), 99% will say her hair!

I'm the one that voted for her hair :) That's what people remember her for! Ask a random person what they remember of Lucille Ball (looks wise), 99% will say her hair!

LuThis is close, but I vote for the lips.

Lucy's lips are the features I'm most intrigued by.

Her eyes were deep, and they were beautiful, and for her whole life they were very captive and signature,

and some even share those pretty "bette davis" or "lucy" eyes, but NO WHERE, HAVE I EVER SEEN

ANY OTHER WOMAN draw on her lips like Lucy's lips ESPECIALLY the way she did.

Rather in black or white, color, on thick lens or live camera those lips are SIGNATURE.

Any one any where can impersonate Lucy even with having brown eyes or non red hair- but the ONE

FEATURE they never leave out, that's ALWAYS signature, are those lips!!

This woman had a dedication to her lips that I've never seen any one else have before. lol

May not have been her most beautiful feature, but for what they were, IMO, they were her best feature lol

OK, I was going to vote three times, one each for eye, hair & lips, but it would only let me vote once. (So it is eyes for me only because it was first on the list). Her eyes & long lashes were so expressive, & her red hair was her trademark, but LucyPictureLover made quite the convincing argument for lips so it is a tie for all three in my book.

Best hair decade? While I like the signature pulled back Lucy Ricardo look, the shorter, higher hair from The Lucy Show era was very pretty on her.

Next time make the questions easier, Claude. :lucythrill::marionstrong:

Not me, i remember her eyes more, they were so SPRESSIVE, and BLUE peepers, just like mine, it was one of her many great features, even if one was a bit different from the other one, LOL!

LuThis is close, but I vote for the lips.

Lucy's lips are the features I'm most intrigued by.

Her eyes were deep, and they were beautiful, and for her whole life they were very captive and signature,

and some even share those pretty "bette davis" or "lucy" eyes, but NO WHERE, HAVE I EVER SEEN

ANY OTHER WOMAN draw on her lips like Lucy's lips ESPECIALLY the way she did.

Rather in black or white, color, on thick lens or live camera those lips are SIGNATURE.

Any one any where can impersonate Lucy even with having brown eyes or non red hair- but the ONE

FEATURE they never leave out, that's ALWAYS signature, are those lips!!

This woman had a dedication to her lips that I've never seen any one else have before. lol

May not have been her most beautiful feature, but for what they were, IMO, they were her best feature lol

So true, when you look at a picture of her, cover the rest of the face where you ONLY see the LIPS and you can always tell it's her, she kept those BOW LIPS even when they were out of fashion. I remember an aunt of mine commenting on that when i was much younger, she knew it was out of style by then but said they still looked terrific on her and were part of her own genuine LOOK just like Crawford had hers or Dietrich or all the other famous dames of the screen.

So true, when you look at a picture of her, cover the rest of the face where you ONLY see the LIPS and you can always tell it's her, she kept those BOW LIPS even when they were out of fashion. I remember an aunt of mine commenting on that when i was much younger, she knew it was out of style by then but said they still looked terrific on her and were part of her own genuine LOOK just like Crawford had hers or Dietrich or all the other famous dames of the screen.

You're right, and some of those dames were pretty much on and off with their signature look. They'd be going to something local, and informal and you might see them with just a bit of lipstick on, and that's if they deside to paint over them...but Lucy?...I probably own over 5,000 pics of Lucy, and I've seen 2 times more in passing-I've seen pics of her from the white house to laying down in her bed relaxing and IN EVERY PHOTO IN BETWEEN...I HAVE NEVER EVER seen her without her lips on.

That get's me thinking...Maybe I have to call on the big guns like Rick or Michael or Brock or you Claude lol to double check this, but - I dont think ANY ONE BUT GARY AND DESI and the kids saw her without her lips on lol

You're right, and some of those dames were pretty much on and off with their signature look. They'd be going to something local, and informal and you might see them with just a bit of lipstick on, and that's if they deside to paint over them...but Lucy?...I probably own over 5,000 pics of Lucy, and I've seen 2 times more in passing-I've seen pics of her from the white house to laying down in her bed relaxing and IN EVERY PHOTO IN BETWEEN...I HAVE NEVER EVER seen her without her lips on.

That get's me thinking...Maybe I have to call on the big guns like Rick or Michael or Brock or you Claude lol to double check this, but - I dont think ANY ONE BUT GARY AND DESI and the kids saw her without her lips on lol

Oh i'm sure that when she did her hair with her girlfriends, she didn't bother with anything like that.

Oh i'm sure that when she did her hair with her girlfriends, she didn't bother with anything like that.

On the contrary, I have a picture of Lucy holding tinker in her den, relaxing with friends, one feature she has one? No over painted eye brows, no big wig, no blush or powder, just a touch of eye brow pencil and the rest BOW LiPS

I have a picture of Lucy outside, in a jogging suite, tending to her plants and trees outside, she is in no way done or styled up, but yet, while wiping her hands of dirt, what does she have on?? Yep! The bow lips

I've seen her in a bikini sitting with Cleo, just before they do some swimming and sunning, and there they are, those bow lips!

Now who needs painted on lips before taking a swim? Lolol

I think there may be some times when she just woke up and was in her room for hours till the day got started, and probably Acrudie Patruti lol saw her without them on since she had to help her recover!

But besides that, I've seen nothing. I never understood her dedication to it, even though I'm so glad she was, but I don't get why, come rain or come shine, she had to have them on.

On the contrary, I have a picture of Lucy holding tinker in her den, relaxing with friends, one feature she has one? No over painted eye brows, no big wig, no blush or powder, just a touch of eye brow pencil and the rest BOW LiPS

I have a picture of Lucy outside, in a jogging suite, tending to her plants and trees outside, she is in no way done or styled up, but yet, while wiping her hands of dirt, what does she have on?? Yep! The bow lips

I've seen her in a bikini sitting with Cleo, just before they do some swimming and sunning, and there they are, those bow lips!

Now who needs painted on lips before taking a swim? Lolol

I think there may be some times when she just woke up and was in her room for hours till the day got started, and probably Acrudie Patruti lol saw her without them on since she had to help her recover!

Lam, i'm saying those pics were taken when she KNEW they might take her picture, but when she had Viv or others over for a session of putzing around doing hair and nails, i doubt she bothered to put on her signature LOOK, then again, the first thing she did every day was probably paint on the eyebrows and DO the LIPS. :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::lucy2::hlLOL::gasp:

Lam, i'm saying those pics were taken when she KNEW they might take her picture, but when she had Viv or others over for a session of putzing around doing hair and nails, i doubt she bothered to put on her signature LOOK, then again, the first thing she did every day was probably paint on the eyebrows and DO the LIPS. :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::lucy2::hlLOL::gasp:

That's right, the first thing she did! I always wondered if she went to bed with it on, but I don't think so, but I've seen a lot pics of her at home, for example, I have a picture of her and desi at Christmas, playing with the kids with their toys...really! 8,9 o clock in the morning playing with the kids on Christmas morning and there are those lips? Lololol I don't think any one can find a picture that's not personally in the family, that will show Lucy being present without her lips on lolol

I love that hair though.

That's right, the first thing she did! I always wondered if she went to bed with it on, but I don't think so, but I've seen a lot pics of her at home, for example, I have a picture of her and desi at Christmas, playing with the kids with their toys...really! 8,9 o clock in the morning playing with the kids on Christmas morning and there are those lips? Lololol I don't think any one can find a picture that's not personally in the family, that will show Lucy being present without her lips on lolol

I love that hair though.

Boy, her pillow slip must have been blood stained red if she always slept with her lipstick on LOL! I highly doubt it, but no doubt that was what she always put on as soon as she got up. It's a ritual, just like everyone has things they have to do each and everyday. For Lucy it was eyebrows and lips!

Everyone's homework this week is to try to find a picture with Lucy not wearing lipstick. I think I almost have one. Her final appearance at the Oscar's, if you look at her lips, YES, she is wearing lipstick, but it's a nude colour and they are definitely not drawn on bow lips!!! True???? I think I have a winner!!!! :professor:

I love that hair though.

She actually wore cold cream, even Lee tannen's book said that, no make up for bed and no toupee for her schmoely hubby either, all REAL for the two of'em, LOL!

Everyone's homework this week is to try to find a picture with Lucy not wearing lipstick. I think I almost have one. Her final appearance at the Oscar's, if you look at her lips, YES, she is wearing lipstick, but it's a nude colour and they are definitely not drawn on bow lips!!! True???? I think I have a winner!!!! :professor:

No stains because NO MAKE UP overnight, just LOVE GOO, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOL!

Nope, not quite, even though it was a light color when she got there, she still has on the bow lips. Im tellin you, there is not one pic that I've seen ever that shows her without them.

Some may have her with little to none on, or a very natural pinkish color, but never nothing, especially without the bow lips. Amzing.

By the time she and Bob Hope stepped out to the cameras there was a change, and the ruby red TV lips were on! lol

lucyawardsc08.jpg

Nope, not quite, even though it was a light color when she got there, she still has on the bow lips. Im tellin you, there is not one pic that I've seen ever that shows her without them.

Some may have her with little to none on, or a very natural pinkish color, but never nothing, especially without the bow lips. Amzing.

By the time she and Bob Hope stepped out to the cameras there was a change, and the ruby red TV lips were on! lol

lucyawardsc08.jpg

Amazing also that she looks so great in almost all of the pics of her at The Oscars that year yet did not look all that great on the show itself, even her hair looks better here than on the air, wonder what that's all about?

lucyawardsc08.jpg

Good God, what IS the deal with that picture, even the beading on the dress looks better.

Amazing also that she looks so great in almost all of the pics of her at The Oscars that year yet did not look all that great on the show itself, even her hair looks better here than on the air, wonder what that's all about?

Yeah, I've never seen her look quite that good esp in 1989 either! Photoshopped maybe? :lucyhehe:

Yeah, I've never seen her look quite that good esp in 1989 either! Photoshopped maybe? :lucyhehe:

I dun't thin so, you can even see the wrinkles. But she DID have a smile that could light up the room and take thirty years off of her, Bob's manager told her so that very night just before she went on and asked how bad she looked.

I dun't thin so, you can even see the wrinkles. But she DID have a smile that could light up the room and take thirty years off of her, Bob's manager told her so that very night just before she went on and asked how bad she looked.

No photo shop.

There's just some pictures of Lucy from that night that are shot in retty good lighting.

I have a few pics from this and some are good and some are bad, and it all has to do with lighting. lol

Also, when it comes to the Oscars and you plan on doing the red carpet, you came straight from your home, or the hotel or something.

you come with your own look, by the time you get inside and to your seat, and waiting things can be touched up.

And I think Lucy changed her lipstick and made it a bit darker, and did touch up the hair, just to give a fresh look.

This is just a Maybe on my part.

I think what we see in footage today can't really be a good source for what she looked like, because the footage has lost so much quality.

I can't imagine what the image would look like if it were shot in HD lol

No photo shop.

There's just some pictures of Lucy from that night that are shot in retty good lighting.

I have a few pics from this and some are good and some are bad, and it all has to do with lighting. lol

Also, when it comes to the Oscars and you plan on doing the red carpet, you came straight from your home, or the hotel or something.

you come with your own look, by the time you get inside and to your seat, and waiting things can be touched up.

And I think Lucy changed her lipstick and made it a bit darker, and did touch up the hair, just to give a fresh look.

This is just a Maybe on my part.

I think what we see in footage today can't really be a good source for what she looked like, because the footage has lost so much quality.

I can't imagine what the image would look like if it were shot in HD lol

So true LucypictureLover. The one thing that I didn't like that night was the COLOUR of her wig. It looked too unnatural. She should have gone for a blonder tone or even more of a deeper shade, not so orange, almost looks like she's gotten a orange paint spray can and just sprayed it over the wig. It's not flattering that colour on someone her age.

lucyawardsc08.jpg

It wasn't too orange, that's just the way it photographs with the lighting on this pic, even the dress shows it and we've seen pics of the dress also and it was gold not orange. This comment is with Lam's picture and a reply to Midiki's post. Can't you see the orange TINT on the windows and building in the background also? And her wig STYLE was perfect when she came in but looked too scrunched up by the time she got to the podium to present.

Archived