L-D Center's Rejuvenated Web Store

I hope they're still adding things to the store, or else they are shockingly understocked. What's the scoop, Jamestownites?

I mean, they have no Lucy biographies for sale even though they have a picture of Love, Lucy and only a few seasons of ILL, ONE of HL, and ZERO for TLS. Weird...

They have all 6 seasons of ILL for sale as well as the Comedy Hours (though that set has its own section).

The other thing I find very strange is each product page lists 6 items, four on the top row and two on the bottom. Why not 8 products per page or (if they stick with 6 products) three on the top row and three on the bottom?

I also think its weird they have Long, Long Trailer and Forever Darling for sale but no Too Many Girls or Lucy and Desi boxed set.

They have all 6 seasons of ILL for sale as well as the Comedy Hours (though that set has its own section).

The other thing I find very strange is each product page lists 6 items, four on the top row and two on the bottom. Why not 8 products per page or (if they stick with 6 products) three on the top row and three on the bottom?

I also think its weird they have Long, Long Trailer and Forever Darling for sale but no Too Many Girls or Lucy and Desi boxed set.

I dun't thin it's weird, i thin it's stupid, just another example of that place never being run right!

I dun't thin it's weird, i thin it's stupid, just another example of that place never being run right!

Well, in all fairness, getting a site off the ground is an epic task. I'm sure they're working kinks out but there are some odd things going on, some of which I would think they'd want resolved before opening the new store. But I also know, from working with a GoDaddy domain name, that sometimes you'll have everything in place, make one change and suddenly a bunch of things have changed/messed up. Hopefully they'll have it all cleaned up soon.

When was the new gift shop site launched? If it's pretty recent, then I think it could be a good chance that they're still getting the kinks worked out as already mentioned.

When I was in Jamestown last month, some of the items (e.g.) books were in lower supply and they are re-ordering stuff I think. Plus, I heard some things may be out of print.

Well, in all fairness, getting a site off the ground is an epic task. I'm sure they're working kinks out but there are some odd things going on, some of which I would think they'd want resolved before opening the new store. But I also know, from working with a GoDaddy domain name, that sometimes you'll have everything in place, make one change and suddenly a bunch of things have changed/messed up. Hopefully they'll have it all cleaned up soon.

Maybe they just hired a bunch of Lucy Carmichaels to set up the website?

When was the new gift shop site launched? If it's pretty recent, then I think it could be a good chance that they're still getting the kinks worked out as already mentioned.

When I was in Jamestown last month, some of the items (e.g.) books were in lower supply and they are re-ordering stuff I think. Plus, I heard some things may be out of print.

The new store replaced the old one within the last week, so its very new. Hopefully they'll get everything straightened out soon!

• 3 weeks later...

How wonderful it would be if EVERYONE on this LOUNGE joined the Center/Museum.... Here are the various levels of membership, with the 'perks' for each: Notice the $1,000 level, which would explain the entry 'fee' for Rivers' appearance....2011....Love, JK

Join Us

All Lucy-Desi Center Members receive an e-newsletter, gift shop discounts, free admission to the Museum, special “Members Only” events during our festivals, and much more!

The information below lists the benefits received by becoming a member. YOU can support The Lucy-Desi Center and in doing so, you’re helping us celebrate the legacy of The First Couple of Comedy.

Who’s already a member? Click here to view the current Membership Roster!

Become a Lucy-Desi Center Member today.

All Members receive the following benefits:

Membership card and certificate

Unlimited free admissions for member and accompanying guest

Lucy-Desi E-newsletter, featuring first looks at never-before-seen items from the archives of the estates of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz

Listing as a member in Lucy-Desi News and on the Center website

Discount of 15% on all Gift Shop purchases

Members Only special events during The Lucille Ball Festival of Comedy

And, thanks to member Gregg Oppenheimer, for new members a copy of the book he co-authored with his father, Jess Oppenheimer, entitled Laughs, Luck…and Lucy: How I Came to Create the Most Popular Sitcom of All Time, a retail value of $19.95!

Center Member lapel pin

Membership Levels:

Cast Member

Annual dues: $50

Two-year membership: $90

Director

Annual dues: $125

Two-year membership: $200

Producer

Annual dues: $250

Two-year membership: $450

Executive Producer

Annual dues: $500

Two-year membership: $900

Autographed commemorative festival poster of your choosing, value of up to $125

Headliner

Annual dues: $1,000

Annual Headliner level collectible, and tickets and exclusive VIP Headliner Meet-and-Greet access to all Center-sponsored performances and events.

Archived