The Lucy Show -- SEASON TWO DVD

• 5 weeks later...

I had pointed out on a few other sites (including Amazon) that I wasn't expecting much in the way of picture quality on this DVD set. Following information in the book "Loving Lucy" it was claimed that Lucille ordered all the color episodes to be shot with some sort of "soft" filter lens giving a soft quality to the image in order not to show her wrinkles. In fact when the color episodes ran around 1989 on British TV (most of the color Lucy Shows) they all looked very soft and slightly fuzzy.

So I was wonderfully shocked and amazed to see that this was not the case with the DVDs. Razor sharp. Anyone know the story behind this soft lens theory??? Were the DVD producers able to sharpen the images through technology, or were they always razor sharp - were dup prints used and then softened for broadcast???

Roll on season 3

If the plan is still to have Season 3 out by December, we would probably get an announcement in the next week, I think. Can't wait to see Lucy make a hole in the ground with that heavy flapjack batter. :lol:

Funny, but that's one of the eps that i have a flaw on, due to satellite difficulties, i want to see that hole complete also, LOL! And yes, welcome to the site Mark, how's your brother Christian? Whatever you do, don't let him come here to post, he's such a hothead!

Just read great news a few mins ago. THE LUCY SHOW season 3 is pencilled for November 30th (according to the excellent TVSHOWSONDVD.COM) it comes from a reliable CBS source, but nothing yet with regards to any extras.

anyone like to guess what sort of extras could be on this season set (and I mean major extras, like the 1964 Lucille Ball special on the s2 set)

Looking forward to this set, despite the slow disappearance of Viv. Great episodes include the contact lenses, the lost stamp, rare coins, and the disc jockey.

Can anyone comment on the quality of the Efficiency Expert episode included in the Bilko season 1 set. Is this fully restored like season 2 - I think this is usually one of the public domain episodes (and how did that come about with 30 episodes) - the opening credits of the final 3 seasons are usually in awful fuzzy quality.

Archived