Lucille's 100th Birthday Events - The Criticism

It really bums me out that they've added and announced all this so close to the festival, not sure a month is enough time to save to go. :-(

I think they finally realized that only the lucy related events were selling out! Lucy fans want to celebrate her and go to lucy events. Not travel and spend their money on unknown commedians

I think they finally realized that only the lucy related events were selling out! Lucy fans want to celebrate her and go to lucy events. Not travel and spend their money on unknown commedians

Yeah, but as someone else mentioned, too bad they didn't share or make these plans earlier! These days between the cost of air travel and such and having to ask for time off in advance, a month's notice prior to the event simply isn't enough!! I"d considered going this year for months and then blew off the idea after they finally revealed what they had planned, seeing how lame it initially was (a bunch of unknown comics in "honor" of her Royal Red's 100th birthday/ILL's 60th?? Really?? And virtually no participation by Lucy "stalwarts" such as Dan Cahn, Carole Cook, Frank Gorey and Wanda Clark except for Michael Stern?? Come on!!)??

Now they step it up enough I'd like to go and it's too late to arrange to go. Not a happy camper!!! lucyblah.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Its not meant to be... I had a tire blow out last weekend and ended up using my Jamestown money to have my truck towed and get new tires. :-( I'm heartbroken as I really would love to go. I considered asking mom if I could borrow some money but they decided today to stop grandma's dialysis and hospice is coming in...just not a good time.

I'll be glued to my phone watching for updates and

hopefully some pictures this weekend.

And has the museum stopped mailing things out to promote the festivals? If anyone could snag some flyers or something for me this weekend I'd be terribly appreciative!

Its not meant to be... I had a tire blow out last weekend and ended up using my Jamestown money to have my truck towed and get new tires. :-( I'm heartbroken as I really would love to go. I considered asking mom if I could borrow some money but they decided today to stop grandma's dialysis and hospice is coming in...just not a good time.

I'll be glued to my phone watching for updates and

hopefully some pictures this weekend.

And has the museum stopped mailing things out to promote the festivals? If anyone could snag some flyers or something for me this weekend I'd be terribly appreciative!

Yes, sorry to hear all that Robbie but you should be proud of yourself for thinking of them before yourself, good for you.

Archived