And the Honourary Oscar goes to...

Brock

Congrats to the great Eli Wallach, who is still going strong at -- what? -- 95? :D Also honoured is director Jean Luc Godard!

The Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences voted last night to present the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award to producer-director Francis Ford Coppola and Honorary Awards to historian and preservationist Kevin Brownlow, director Jean-Luc Godard and actor Eli Wallach. All four awards will be presented at the Academy’s 2nd Annual Governors Awards dinner on Saturday, November 13, at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland Center®.

“Each of these honorees has touched movie audiences worldwide and influenced the motion picture industry through their work,” said Academy President Tom Sherak. “It will be an honor to celebrate their extraordinary achievements and contributions at the Governors Awards.”

Congrats to the great Eli Wallach, who is still going strong at -- what? -- 95? :D Also honoured is director Jean Luc Godard!

Mr Wallach has always been a favorite of mine, every part played to perfection, as recently as the villain in the Streisand film "NUTS", i was shocked that not only was he still alive, but he's still working and doing the same great job he's done from the very beginning. I used to also enjoy watching him and his wife on talk shows, always interesting and sometimes quite funny also.

Archived