The Lucy Show seasons 1-3. Which one is the best?

I picked 1-3 because those were the Viv years.

I'd have to rank season 1 as the best, season 3 as the second best and season 2 as the last.

Before you go all loco on me, let me just say season 2 has some great episodes--Kiddie Parties Inc. being my absolute favorite! But there's just not many that I'd watch over and over again. But even in my not-so favorite episodes, there's some good comedy bits.

Top episodes from season 1

Lucy Is a Referee

Lucy Buys a Sheep

Kangaroo for a Day

TV Antenna

Rumpus Room

Christmas

New Years

Lucy's Sister Pays a Visit

Tycoons

Double Days

Judo

Soda Jerk

White House

Chemistry

Chaperone

Little League

Runaway Butterfly

Lucy Buys a Boat. (I think this one is my favorite out of all the ones I picked.)

Top Episodes from Season 3

Good Skate

Winter Sports

Great Bank Robbery

Camp Cook

Meter Maid

Contact Lenses

Disc Jockey

Gets the Bird

Coin Collector

Missing Stamp

Ceramic Cat

Monsters

Old Mansion

Top Episodes from Season 2

Cleopatra

Kiddie Parties Inc.

Softball

Redecorate

Puts out a fire

Military Acadamy

Loophole

Symphony

Florence Nightengale

Art Class

Lucy Meets a Millionare

Baking Contest

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked 1-3 because those were the Viv years.

I'd have to rank season 1 as the best, season 3 as the second best and season 2 as the last.

Before you go all loco on me, let me just say season 2 has some great episodes--Kiddie Parties Inc. being my absolute favorite! But there's just not many that I'd watch over and over again. But even in my not-so favorite episodes, there's some good comedy bits.

Top episodes from season 1

Lucy Is a Referee

Lucy Buys a Sheep

Kangaroo for a Day

TV Antenna

Rumpus Room

Christmas

New Years

Lucy's Sister Pays a Visit

Tycoons

Double Days

Judo

Soda Jerk

White House

Chemistry

Chaperone

Little League

Runaway Butterfly

Lucy Buys a Boat. (I think this one is my favorite out of all the ones I picked.)

Top Episodes from Season 3

Good Skate

Winter Sports

Great Bank Robbery

Camp Cook

Meter Maid

Contact Lenses

Disc Jockey

Gets the Bird

Coin Collector

Missing Stamp

Ceramic Cat

Monsters

Old Mansion

Top Episodes from Season 2

Cleopatra

Kiddie Parties Inc.

Softball

Redecorate

Puts out a fire

Military Acadamy

Loophole

Symphony

Florence Nightengale

Art Class

Lucy Meets a Millionare

Baking Contest

Obviously, the best season between seasons one two and three is F O U R ! You had to see that one coming huh? At least for me anyway, all right, i'll give in to you people, season one because it had so many great classic eps in it but season two at least had C O L O R !

I think I like Season One the best, too. I always enjoyed the family emphasis episodes with the kids & Season One seemed to have a lot of those. Plus of course some of the best Lucy & Viv scenes ever :D . How can anyone not laugh when they are in the sheep pen at night & start harmonizing the Clementine song? :lol: Or when Lucy strolls into a restaurant wearing that kangaroo costume?

The main reason Season One is my favorite, though, is because my most favorite scene is in the "Lucy's Sister Pays a Visit" episode, when Lucy & Viv are drinking the spiked punch & decorating the cake while getting more & more drunk! ("THAT'S the way you make a dove!") The first time I saw it, when Lucy lifted up almost the entire cake so Viv could ice a message, & then she plopped it back down I thought it was hysterical -- & still do! :marionstrong:

Let's face it, season 5 and 6 were definitely the best from TLS! 4 was also great. I just can't help but feel that something is missing from season 1, 2 & 3 of TLS. More male influnces were needed in the show, I really am expecting Ricky or Fred to come walking through the doors, sadly they don't! Don't get me wrong, there are lots of funny episodes, but there is still SOMETHING missing!

Let's face it, season 5 and 6 were definitely the best from TLS! 4 was also great. I just can't help but feel that something is missing from season 1, 2 & 3 of TLS. More male influnces were needed in the show, I really am expecting Ricky or Fred to come walking through the doors, sadly they don't! Don't get me wrong, there are lots of funny episodes, but there is still SOMETHING missing!

Nope, nothing's missing, it's called The Lucy Show and Lucy is there in every episode, LOL!

I have always felt that Lucy Carmichael was Lucy Carmichael when she was living alone in Los Angeles and working as Mr. Mooney's personal secretary. I think the shows got even funnier in the latter part of the series when they brought in Mr. Cheever as Mr. Mooney's BOSS. It feels funny in the earlier seasons that Lucy wasn't working for Mr. Mooney.

I like the Los Angeles Lucy Carmichael better because she wore more stylish clothes and was enjoying a single dating life without a family to tie her down. She was more hip than the Danfield Carmichael. Unlike Lucy Ricardo, Lucy Carmichael's character gradually changed from the first season to the fourth season and she remained the same till the series came to an end. You actually get two Carmichaels in one whole series. Let's see which Carmichael do I want to watch today. The widowed mother with two families under her roof living on her husband's trust fund or the single woman working as a secretary in a Beverly Hills bank meeting all sort of stars and celebrities.

Let's face it, season 5 and 6 were definitely the best from TLS! 4 was also great.

I'll face no such thing. :P Seasons Two and One are brilliant, but I AM a staunch defender of Season Six. ;)

As for Season Four, it is the worst season in Lucy's entire 21.5 season career. It is such a weird season -- the episodes are EITHER brilliant or terrible. There is so little grey area.

I'll face no such thing. :P Seasons Two and One are brilliant, but I AM a staunch defender of Season Six. ;)

As for Season Four, it is the worst season in Lucy's entire 21.5 season career. It is such a weird season -- the episodes are EITHER brilliant or terrible. There is so little grey area.

I need some motivation to buy the fourth season. This is not HELPing, HELPing. :huh:

I need some motivation to buy the fourth season. This is not HELPing, HELPing. :huh:

Sorry. LOL! Here's some motivation. A list of the all-time classic episodes contained in Season Four:

- Lucy, The Gun Moll

- Lucy Dates Dean Martin

- Lucy in the Music World (hesh up! You know who you are...)

- Lucy the Choir Master

- Lucy & The Countess Have A Horse Guest

- Lucy & The Undercover Agent

- Lucy Bags a Bargain

- Lucy & The Sleeping Beauty

- and the all-star Lucy Goes To A Hollywood Premiere

Sorry. LOL! Here's some motivation. A list of the all-time classic episodes contained in Season Four:

- Lucy, The Gun Moll

- Lucy Dates Dean Martin

- Lucy the Choir Master

- Lucy Bags a Bargain

Not even Lucy at Marineland?

- Lucy, The Gun Moll

- Lucy Dates Dean Martin

- Lucy the Choir Master

- Lucy Bags a Bargain

I would think the simple fact that it's Lucy you don't already have UNCUT and in PRISTINE PRINTS would be motivation enough! Jeesh.

Not to mention the fact that you can watch 'em whenever you want!! :D

Archived