The Lucy Show seasons 1-3. Which one is the best?

I don't feel like asking Claude. :lucythrill:

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :lucythrill:

Well since you asked: Aside from the afore-mentioned Secretary -- which is perhaps one of my all-time favorite eps of any Lucy series, there's Paul Winchell, Ring a Ding Ring, London, Carol Burnett (part one), Draft, John Wayne, Viv Visits Lucy, Main Street (both but more for part one) and Sheldon Leonard.

:lucyhaha:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24awh0x.jpg Now he's trying to use reverse psychology on us!

;)

Ok, now THAT one was good, maybe you should submit it to SNL? They could use some funny lines and jokes. Why is it Brock that even though we have one tenth the population of our neighbors to the South, we have produced such superior comedy sketch shows over the decades? One Air Farce has better material than twenty SNL shows.

• 10 months later...

Most people seem to agree that Season One is the strongest of the early years. It is certainly my favorite. But, after Season One, I prefer Season Three above Season Two. Here's why: While Season Two had gems, there was a freshness in Season Three brought about by the new writers. I love the Bobs and Madelyn, but they were definitely getting tired. Season Three is more physical, overall, than Season Two. And when I think of bits... I can think of more from Season Three. The complaint about Vivian being wasted is valid, but I really don't think she had a lot to do after Season One anyway. Why do people prefer Season Two to Season Three, and in some cases, prefer Season Two to Season One?

Reread everyone's responses in the thread and it will answer your question. As mentioned, my least favourite is Season 3 - it's got many hit and miss episodes, plus it has the Danny Kaye episode in it LOL! Also, I did not find any of the Ann Sothern episodes remotely funny. Also, there was no proper ending of the season. How on earth can they end a season with Lucy And The Disc Jockey?

Agreed! Any show she did with animals or even referring to animals was never the best. :gary:

The Disc Jockey episode was NOT supposed to be the season finale--it kept getting preempted. I assume "Stockholder" was supposed to be the season finale. Plus, Disc Jockey was supposed to air sometime in December 1964, either before or after "Lucy Gets the Bird."

1. Season one

2. Season two

3. Season four

4. Season five

5. Season three

6. Season six

Worst Episode of the series: Mooney the Monkey

Mooney the Monkey, aside from the preposterous-ness of the premise isn't really HORRIBLE.

If you can accept that Lucy transports the gorilla/Mooney to the psychiatrists office without anybody noticing....

Reread everyone's responses in the thread and it will answer your question. As mentioned, my least favourite is Season 3 - it's got many hit and miss episodes, plus it has the Danny Kaye episode in it LOL! Also, I did not find any of the Ann Sothern episodes remotely funny. Also, there was no proper ending of the season. How on earth can they end a season with Lucy And The Disc Jockey?

Having just read an Olivier bio that chronicles his affair with Danny Kaye over the decades, i wonder why you don't give him any leeway for being one of US?

O I C, ever see that comedy routine he did in a movie, about a poison pellet? It was a tongue twister and he's famous for it. You didn't like his special with Lucy as guest star either?

Yes, I just watched that now and whilst it is funny, he as a comedian does not entice me in any way. He acts the same way in every sketch. I do like the salad dressing skit though :)

Yes, I just watched that now and whilst it is funny, he as a comedian does not entice me in any way. He acts the same way in every sketch. I do like the salad dressing skit though :)

Well, some dun't like Berle, some hate Hope, you dun't care for Kaye, with me it's :gary: Now, you had to know that was coming, didn't you? LOL! :hlLOL:

Archived