The Lucy Show seasons 1-3. Which one is the best?

I'll face no such thing. :P Seasons Two and One are brilliant, but I AM a staunch defender of Season Six. ;)

As for Season Four, it is the worst season in Lucy's entire 21.5 season career. It is such a weird season -- the episodes are EITHER brilliant or terrible. There is so little grey area.

I stand by 5 and 6 being my top favourites then Season 1 and 2 being equal 2nd favourites for me then Season 3 and 4 I liked and disliked for different reasons.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand by 5 and 6 being my top favourites then Season 1 and 2 being equal 2nd favourites for me then Season 3 and 4 I liked and disliked for different reasons.

Despite these stellar recent DVD releases reminding us how wundaful TLS was -- and how much more glorious the show and LB looked in living color, I still have to go with Season One, as it is the most reminiscent of ILL and IMHO, had more episodes as funny and classic as our beloved ILL or at least purt near. I honestly don't see how you can say that about any successive seasons of either TLS or HL. :D

Despite these stellar recent DVD releases reminding us how wundaful TLS was -- and how much more glorious the show and LB looked in living color, I still have to go with Season One, as it is the most reminiscent of ILL and IMHO, had more episodes as funny and classic as our beloved ILL or at least purt near. I honestly don't see how you can say that about any successive seasons of either TLS or HL. :D

I should really wait until 5 and 6 come out to give a proper answer to this thread. I haven't seen season 5 or 6 for so long that maybe you're right, Season 1 could very well be the best, mind you, Season 2 is almost as good as 1. LOL. It's so hard to pick a best of season because they all have their standouts and duds in all of them but considering 1-4 have been released, I would have to go with Season 1 as being my favourite as that has the most standout episodes in it.

I agree! Season's One and Two are the best in my opinion too.

Now I will reevaluate

But hey at least season 2 is in color!

Once again, we disagree LOL! I'll never understand the way you think and no doubt, vice versa :lucythrill: MIND YOU - At least you have number 1 at the top ;-)

• 4 months later...

I may get thown out from my favorite website.. but I like season 3 more than 1 or 2! At the time of me typing this I only have the first four seasons of The Lucy Show, and would prefer to watch seasons 3 or 4 before watching 1 or 2 and I like MARINELAND! Someone mentioned earlier that the later seasons (after 2) don't really wind up the story... I have to agree.. they don't.. that used to be a big problem for me, until I started to suspend my belief (and sometimes expectations) and found I enjoy these episodes more than I ever thought I would. Actually, I was waaayyy aprehensive on investing in Season ONE of The Lucy Show, but was glad I did after I saw them all the way they were ment to be seen (I guess around where I live they cut A LOT out of them for commercials), then I picked up season 2 to mainly to see that blue eye shadow on my girls, and when I picked up season 3, I was DELIGHTED with what I saw (mainly since I didn't ever see them before) and then season 4 just gets me excited for the last 2 to add. So to recap: 3,2,1,2 Good topic by the way!

Even without Vivian, I enjoy the later years too. Granted, they were more hit-and-miss in quality, but there were some real gems in there.

As for the first 3 seasons, probably the 1st season is the strongest overall. I also love season 3 (duds aside) for producing some very refreshing and funny shows. I love the Countess episodes in particular. What a great fill-in for Vivian!

Season 2 is weaker, IMO. But I love the 2 parter with Ethel Merman, the loophole in the lease, the redecorating one, among others. Always a few goodies in there.

Archived