Here's Lucy: Season 5 -- FEBRUARY 28!

Brock

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is it will be out in January 2012. I say this because I saw the new additions to the MPI schedule and, while The Donna Reed Show: Season 4 was listed, Here's Lucy was not. So unless they decided to release it alongside TLS in December, I think we're looking at January. Hopefully, Season 6 won't be far behind so we can complete this before Summer 2012.

And, by the way, whatever happened to "Lucy Moves to NBC"? I had thought it was complete and ready for release but no word on that one either.

It's funny, I was just thinking about that and even did a cute little piece on it.

I actually did a few concept pieces on what a TV Guide cover might look

when she made the move From CBS to NBC-

it's on the lucy art blog. here's one

317718_116249725147673_100002879378676_84585_1063700301_n.jpg

It's funny, I was just thinking about that and even did a cute little piece on it.

I actually did a few concept pieces on what a TV Guide cover might look

when she made the move From CBS to NBC-

it's on the lucy art blog. here's one

317718_116249725147673_100002879378676_84585_1063700301_n.jpg

I really like that although I think it would be more effective if one of her lashes were protruding from the N - it would add to it.

Aww, but it wouldn't be MPI without the typos! :D I suspect this is pretty much the final cover and IMHO I think we'll have two nice "presents" in time for Christmas! :)

I think MPI does an INCREDIBLE job on the entire production of the sets, but I think

the cover should be restored. Glamorize the Lucy image of the 70's.

Make the look vibrant and have the colors pop as the other seasons' cover (with the exception of the first seasons- great picture, bad color IMO)

it's 2011-2012 -Color restoration is a Lucy picture's best friend now days.

Who the hell do they get to do their typesetting? That's terrible! They need to check their spel-chekrz, ya!

I know but do you see what gets overlooked everywhere nowadays, makes you wonder if anybody does any checking on anything, do you see what gets on the net? Sometimes, major news reports are riddled with typos and mistakes.

SO cool! But not the first typo!! (Check out "personnel" spelled with THREE n's!!! ;))

Lucy: Harry, do you spell "personnel" with one "n" or two "n's"?

Harry: How have you been spelling it?

Lucy: With three "n's".

Harry: THREE n's??

Lucy: Yeah, that way they'll think it's a typo.

Isn't that roughly how the exchange goes about the number of 'r's' in Harrison?

Season 5 has the strongest opening block of episodes of any season* ("Big Break") followed by two solid episodes, the enjoyable "Eva Gabor/Roomies"** and the hilarious "Harry, Male Nurse".

*Arguably "Burtons" is stronger premiere, but I personally prefer "Break"

**"Eva" has one of those telegraphing-what's-going-to-happen framed shots that drive me crazy--which I attribute to LAZY direction. When Lucy is going to throw the necklace to Eva, they cut to an awkward shot that includes the window so you know exactly what's going to happen. Couldn't they have cut to that shot when the necklace was in mid-air? But there is much to recommend this episode: Lucy is so cute when she's on the phone with Harry hinting who her roommate is---a Lucy characteristic missing from most of Here's Lucy, especially the later episodes.

Harry: Lucille, "Commerce" is spelt with two "M"s.

Lucy: I know, but I ran out of Ms.

Harry: You ran out of Ms?

Lucy: Yes. A friend of mine is president of the Marymount Mother of the Month Membership Meeting and she borrowed a couple of Ms.

Harry: She borrowed some Ms? Well, you get on the phone and tell those mothers --

Lucy: HARRY! :obrien:

Isn't that roughly how the exchange goes about the number of 'r's' in Harrison?

Season 5 has the strongest opening block of episodes of any season* ("Big Break") followed by two solid episodes, the enjoyable "Eva Gabor/Roomies"** and the hilarious "Harry, Male Nurse".

*Arguably "Burtons" is stronger premiere, but I personally prefer "Break"

**"Eva" has one of those telegraphing-what's-going-to-happen framed shots that drive me crazy--which I attribute to LAZY direction. When Lucy is going to throw the necklace to Eva, they cut to an awkward shot that includes the window so you know exactly what's going to happen. Couldn't they have cut to that shot when the necklace was in mid-air? But there is much to recommend this episode: Lucy is so cute when she's on the phone with Harry hinting who her roommate is---a Lucy characteristic missing from most of Here's Lucy, especially the later episodes.

Yeah, looked like the writers finally HAD to get working as Lucy lost her slapstick abilities when she broke her leg, they actually did some better writing for a change to compensate. And i agree about the lousy direction in the otherwise flawless Eva Gabor ep, just terrific but certainly not a Burton match though.

Harry: Lucille, "Commerce" is spelt with two "M"s.

Lucy: I know, but I ran out of Ms.

Harry: You ran out of Ms?

Lucy: Yes. A friend of mine is president of the Marymount Mother of the Month Membership Meeting and she borrowed a couple of Ms.

Harry: She borrowed some Ms? Well, you get on the phone and tell those mothers --

Lucy: HARRY! :obrien:

LOL, one of the many X rated Lucy exchanges.

Yeah, looked like the writers finally HAD to get working as Lucy lost her slapstick abilities when she broke her leg, they actually did some better writing for a change to compensate. And i agree about the lousy direction in the otherwise flawless Eva Gabor ep, just terrific but certainly not a Burton match though.

Well, you can't entirely blame direction here: it was probably referenced in the script to help set up the "joke", and utltimately it was up to the film editor to decide from which 3 different camera angles which shot in fact to choose to use.

Plus, Bob & Marion were back full-time at this point which is one reason I think the 5th season is as good as it is -- they had an inspired season premiere script due to the unfortunate incident suffered by their leading lady. Kismet. :D

I know but do you see what gets overlooked everywhere nowadays, makes you wonder if anybody does any checking on anything, do you see what gets on the net? Sometimes, major news reports are riddled with typos and mistakes.

Oh I know, so sad. And what's funny is that the PERSONNNEL with 3 Ns has appeared on EVERY Here's Lucy promo flyer! I can't believe all the times they've reformatted it with new artwork and guest information they never spotted it!

Oh I know, so sad. And what's funny is that the PERSONNNEL with 3 Ns has appeared on EVERY Here's Lucy promo flyer! I can't believe all the times they've reformatted it with new artwork and guest information they never spotted it!

Oh and what about one of the booklets from inside the DVD that says season 4 is 1970-1971? WRONG!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived