The Lucy Show Season 4--Reviews and First Impressions

Do we know who reviewed this particular episode? I'd love to know if they volunteered for scientific research at any point before writing that review.

Hey, you just can't get beyond that politically incorrect depiction of a Japanese person, can you? Why was it ok then when Prince Philip did it? LOL! Renee Zellwigger does that every single day.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was CHINESE!

Sorry, you hear mostly of Japanese gardeners, although nowadays i guess it would be Mexican ones anyway. SO SORRY, ALL ROSE PEOPLE ROOK ARIKE is the way it would read in a script of that time period. And the ones that Lucy heard through her fillings during the war were Japanese gardeners also, as a cover at least for their nefarious activities.

Well ive finally managed to get through Disc 1! Go me! LOL

My reviews;

Lucy at Marineland Good

Lucy and the Golden Greek Excellent

Lucy in the Music World Poor -didnt dig the musical number

Lucy and Joan Excellent

Lucy, The Stunt Man Good

Lucy and the Countess Have a Horse Guest Good - Seeing the scene with Bill made this episode for me

Well, i'll admit I liked it because of my Greek heritage. There, I said it! :lucyhorror:

Well, there ya go, if Lucy in the music world had been all about Greek music you probably would have enjoyed that one more also, LOL! Listen, i'm surprised all these shows still have anybody who like them considering how old they are and the old values, old ideas and old style comedy from decades ago, but i guess anything with the Queen of comedy keeps it's appeal forever, like Chaplin in the movies.

I like the part where Lucy goes "Now THAT'S wierd" when she sees the two guys going to dance with each other. That's 1960's homophobia for you! ;-) :lucythrill:

p.s - SOOOO glad to see that another person didn't like Music Word! I feel the same way you do Aussie Lucy Lover!!!!

p.s - Brock - the water tastes fine here TANK YOU VERY MUCH! :lucyhehe:

Well, there ya go, if Lucy in the music world had been all about Greek music you probably would have enjoyed that one more also, LOL! Listen, i'm surprised all these shows still have anybody who like them considering how old they are and the old values, old ideas and old style comedy from decades ago, but i guess anything with the Queen of comedy keeps it's appeal forever, like Chaplin in the movies.

But hey, I like the storyline (prior to the music scene) too!

And speaking of humor that draws flies....and I realize this is a cheap shot at a courageous person and I'm almost too ashamed to post it....almost

Unproduced 4th season Lucy Show episode

“Lucy Helps Chaz Bono”

After the Tearduct’s overnight success quickly fizzles, Pop exec Barney Miller’s job is on the line until he hears the DJ buzz about Wayne Newton and quickly outbids the fledgling Morton Record Company for Newton just as the rock craze shifts from misery to androgyny--leaving Morton unable to pay Mr. Mooney back his 10 “big ones”. It’s Lucy to the rescue when she visits the Harry Ape and brings Morton her newest discovery: aspiring singer Chaz Bono who fits Newton’s physical type and has an original song dedicated to his girlfriend entitled (by coincidence the same as the flip side of Pop Record Company’s Newton release) “Bessie, the Heifer”.

Bono's lyrics to "Bessie" would not make it past the CBS censor, but if anyone would like to read them, PM me and I'll respond with them.

And speaking of humor that draws flies....and I realize this is a cheap shot at a courageous person and I'm almost too ashamed to post it....almost

“Lucy Helps Chaz Bono”

After the Tearduct’s overnight success quickly fizzles, Pop exec Barney Miller’s job is on the line until he hears the DJ buzz about Wayne Newton and quickly outbids the fledgling Morton Record Company for Newton just as the rock craze shifts from misery to androgyny--leaving Morton unable to pay Mr. Mooney back his 10 “big ones”. It’s Lucy to the rescue when she visits the Harry Ape and brings Morton her newest discovery: aspiring singer Chaz Bono who fits Newton’s physical type and has an original song dedicated to his girlfriend entitled (by coincidence the same as the flip side of Pop Record Company’s Newton release) “Bessie, the Heifer”.

Bono's lyrics to "Bessie" would not make it past the CBS censor, but if anyone would like to read them, PM me and I'll respond with them.

OMG Neil that is so wrong on so many levels. Be that as it may...please note that next I'm PMing you as I'm dying to see your lyrics to "Heifer"! :lol:;)

“Lucy Helps Chaz Bono”

Why on earth are you NOT writing for tv????? There are more laughs in one of your posts than on one regular half hour tv show lately.

“Lucy Helps Chaz Bono”

Why on earth are you NOT writing for tv????? There are more laughs in one of your posts than on one regular half hour tv show lately. Damned posting thingy takes so long sometimes i hit it repeatedly and that causes these RERUNS, sorry!

Why on earth are you NOT writing for tv????? There are more laughs in one of your posts than on one regular half hour tv show lately.

I'm very glad you enjoy my writings. It does inspire me.

But I can only write for this group because no one else would get my references.

The only reference in that hypothetical episode anyone else would know is Chaz Bono and they wouldn't get the link to Wayne Newton!

Who else would get the jokes behind the Tearducts, Barney Miller, the DJ's assembled by Morton Record Company, Mooney's 10 big ones, the Harry Ape, Pop Record company or Bessie the Heifer?!

I'm very glad you enjoy my writings. It does inspire me.

But I can only write for this group because no one else would get my references.

The only reference in that hypothetical episode anyone else would know is Chaz Bono and they wouldn't get the link to Wayne Newton!

Who else would get the jokes behind the Tearducts, Barney Miller, the DJ's assembled by Morton Record Company, Mooney's 10 big ones, the Harry Ape, Pop Record company or Bessie the Heifer?!

If you're creative enough for THIS type of humor, you'd also be able to do regular non Lucy related type humor.

Archived