GENERAL TV TRIVIA

Betty White as Sue Ann Nivens . . . what was the name of her TV show? Who did she have an affair with who confronted her one day? Who did she desperately want to bed? And eventually did. What did she serve at one of Mary's horrid parties? And what did she have over her bed?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betty White as Sue Ann Nivens . . . what was the name of her TV show? Who did she have an affair with who confronted her one day? Who did she desperately want to bed? And eventually did. What did she serve at one of Mary's horrid parties? And what did she have over her bed?

1) The Happy Homemaker

2) Lars Lindstrom, Phyllis' unseen dermatologist hubby.

3) Lou Grant

4) Veal Prince Orloff

5) Full length mirror

:fabrary:

1) The Happy Homemaker

2) Lars Lindstrom, Phyllis' unseen dermatologist hubby.

3) Lou Grant

4) Veal Prince Orloff

5) Full length mirror

:fabrary:

Very good, when i saw that on one of the websites that you have referred me too, this particular site was one of the reference ones noted on Greg in Hollywood and i was surprised that i also knew all five of those answers, that's how memorable that character was. You still beat me by identifying Lars' job and the full name of that meal Sue Ann had made for Mary, remember how Lou took more than one portion and Mary had to ask him to put some back?

Anne Baxter replaced this actress on another drama on telly when the well liked pilot became a popular drama series . . . and what famous actress singer's current hubby also starred on the show?

Anne Baxter replaced Miss Bette Davis in Aaron Spelling/ABC's Hotel, which also starred Babs hubby James Brolin. :D

Scary how this useless shit is just floating around in my pea brain, idn't it?? ;)

Anne Baxter replaced Miss Bette Davis in Aaron Spelling/ABC's Hotel, which also starred Babs hubby James Brolin. :D

Scary how this useless shit is just floating around in my pea brain, idn't it?? ;)

Not really, it's normal for us, we were raised on that shit. I wonder why Bette did not do the show, was it due to her illness at the time?

• 4 months later...

Who was named CRICKET on her show with other popular stars of the era and she's still a gorgeous blonde today and married a famous male singer, has made a fortune recently on Home Shopping Network i believe?

Sounds like Connie Stevens aka Joely Fisher's ("Ellen", "Til Death") mom. Must be in her 70s by now....! ;)

Sounds like Connie Stevens aka Joely Fisher's ("Ellen", "Til Death") mom. Must be in her 70s by now....! ;)

CORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRECT! She's apparently a multi millionnaire now due to a business venture she's involved with and still looks gorgeous as ever. Now, what actor drove a similar car to what Lucy drove in real life on his show and one time Lucy got a bigger ovation attending a play he was in and his ovation at the end bows was smaller?

Now, what actor drove a similar car to what Lucy drove in real life on his show and one time Lucy got a bigger ovation attending a play he was in and his ovation at the end bows was smaller?

Gene Barry, last surviving member of the Our Miss Brooks faculty?

Gene Barry, last surviving member of the Our Miss Brooks faculty?

GENE was on Miss Brooks????? Did not know that, i was talking about his role on Burkes' Law driving that Rolls Royce. Back when the Rolls looked terrific. Anyhoo, you are correct. What famous tv star on two series at least used to do comemrcials for batteries making fun of his tough guy image even though he was about 5 feet tall.

GENE was on Miss Brooks????? Did not know that, i was talking about his role on Burkes' Law driving that Rolls Royce. Back when the Rolls looked terrific. Anyhoo, you are correct. What famous tv star on two series at least used to do comemrcials for batteries making fun of his tough guy image even though he was about 5 feet tall.

Memory's failing me right now so based on your clues I'm gonna guess Robert Conrad?? "Wild Wild West"....indeed! ;)

Robert Conrad, according to IMDb, was 5'8"....

Here is what I have for Gene Barry:

Gene Barry, of Bat Masterson, 108 episodes, 1958-61, and Burke’ s Law, 81 episodes, 1963-66, with an additional 27 episodes, 1994-95 fame; Desi Arnaz co-star, Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks “The King and Miss Brooks”, 1955; Our Miss Brooks, as Gene Talbot, 11 episodes, 1955-56. guest, The Walter Winchell File “The Witness”, 1957, and “The Headline Hero: File #28”, 1958; as well as appears with Lucille Ball, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987, (dies 2009) is born this date in 1919.

Regards, JK

Gene Barry, of Bat Masterson, 108 episodes, 1958-61, and Burke’ s Law, 81 episodes, 1963-66, with an additional 27 episodes, 1994-95 fame; Desi Arnaz co-star, Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks “The King and Miss Brooks”, 1955; Our Miss Brooks, as Gene Talbot, 11 episodes, 1955-56. guest, The Walter Winchell File “The Witness”, 1957, and “The Headline Hero: File #28”, 1958; as well as appears with Lucille Ball, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987, (dies 2009) is born this date in 1919.

Regards, JK

Then he's taller than Tom Cruise and many other current bohunks, by a good 3 or 4 inches! Hubba, hubba. marionstrong.gif

Regards, JK

I know how short Bobby was, i was just joking, they used to call him TV's Alan Ladd, another actor who filmed with other actors walking around in a trench to make him LOOK taller. For Gene you could say that Lucy got a thrill in real life when she attended his Broadway show La Cage Aux Folles and got a bigger ovation just sitting in the audience than he did at his bow at the end of the show. And she mentionned it to him backstage and he said it was true. Forgot i also liked him in Bat Masterson, but i did not remember him from Miss Brooks.

the Millionaire?

Right again! And it wasn't Steph who threw Lucy a kiss, it was Roddy (one of OUR people) McDowall, LOL! Three stars from this series, one once starred with Lucy, one won the Academy award and the other had a famous relative in show business, the series name only had five letters and it won an Emmy or two for it's star who already had an Oscar . . . .

Archived