GENERAL TV TRIVIA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, ex-squeeze me I missed the "key" word! Okay how about "Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts"?? lucythrill.JPG

"

And you call yourself O L D ? Guess the show was BEFORE your time then, LOL! If i had asked what show always asked viewers to stay tuned for the great Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy, then you would be right with Arthur's show! It preceded it at one point. When they were just starting out of course.

And you call yourself O L D ? Guess the show was BEFORE your time then, LOL! If i had asked what show always asked viewers to stay tuned for the great Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy, then you would be right with Arthur's show! It preceded it at one point. When they were just starting out of course.

Not as old as YOU, honey! peachonthebeach.JPG

Wildcat?

That's correct....And in Lucy's version Bill Frawley is referred to (as Fred Mertz). Frawley was in a movie called "Wildcat" in 1942. I'd never heard of it. Totally different plot since Lucy's Wildcat was written specifically for Broadway. "Wildcat" is one of the very few completely original musicals. Almost all are based on some other work ("My Fair Lady" "Dolly" "Mame""West Side Story") or an actual person's life ("Gypsy"), sometimes rather loosely ("Annie Get Your Gun"). I'm hard pressed to come up with more than one or two that were completely original. Even "Music Man" was based on some stories Meridith Wilson had written I think.

All of these are also movies:

Barefoot in the Park

Stage Door

Mister Roberts

The Front Page

The Front Page was a TV series?

Given all the incarnations Auntie Mame went through, you'd think it would have eventually become a TV series. Seems a natural and lots of plot possibilities.

Quentin Tarantino as an Elvis impersonator at Sophia's wedding on The Golden Girls.

Really? No, i was thinking of Steven Spielberg in that Facts of Life ep where he played the janitor. LOL! No, you're right of course, saw that show yesterday and he was one lousy actor. How many Oscar winners can you think of who later had their own series on television?

Archived