100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

Wow! I didn't realise she got upset about people celebrating Lucy's birthday when she was gone. Yes, so true, she is in our hearts! If I wanna wish her a happy birthday I'll wish her a happy birthday cause she's alive in my life and brings joy to me on a daily basis, bar a few episodes here and there! LOL! Well, I blame the script writers for that, she does a good job considering! :lucythrill:

Well, she WAS the BEST at what she did, most entertainers will never REACH THOSE HEIGHTS.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about, between now & Aug 6th, we watch a Lucy episode on the days of the month that have a 6 in it?

We could watch I Love Lucy episodes on May 16 & 26th, eps of The Lucy Show on June 6, 16 & 26, & Here's Lucy eps in July. :peachonthebeach:

And if you wanted to be really organized, you could watch the 6th, 16th & 26th episode of each series on its corresponding day! :marionstrong:

How about, between now & Aug 6th, we watch a Lucy episode on the days of the month that have a 6 in it?

We could watch I Love Lucy episodes on May 16 & 26th, eps of The Lucy Show on June 6, 16 & 26, & Here's Lucy eps in July. :peachonthebeach:

And if you wanted to be really organized, you could watch the 6th, 16th & 26th episode of each series on its corresponding day! :marionstrong:

No Life with Lucy? Or Lucy movies? Specials or guest shots?

Well, we watched "Lucy Writes a Play" and "The Operetta" in our chatroom tonight but a whopping three people showed up. lol

Well, we watched "Lucy Writes a Play" and "The Operetta" in our chatroom tonight but a whopping three people showed up. lol

Big surprise, nobody came when we had them either, three was always if we were lucky, and we'd go down to two if you took a batrhroom break, LOL!

Claude, I didn't put a lot of time into this plan -- it just popped into my head :) . I was thinking 3 months, the first 3 series, & not too much of a time commitment.

Why don't you make a plan for the others you mentioned? I can't think of everything :marionstrong:

Hey, i was joking anyway, anything so this thread wouldn't just have a one number countdown on every post, LOL!

91 days and counting.................What I'd like to do is when it gets to 77 days and below I want people to comment on one of their favourite memories of Lucy that sticks in their mind about Lucy's 77th year of life, Lucy's 76th year of life etc. etc. Know what I mean?

I said on the other post that I completely lost track of the time and date it was supposed to be, maybe a post confirming would have helped? Oh well cant do the second one tomorrow anyway as its mothers day....

91 days and counting.................What I'd like to do is when it gets to 77 days and below I want people to comment on one of their favourite memories of Lucy that sticks in their mind about Lucy's 77th year of life, Lucy's 76th year of life etc. etc. Know what I mean?

Great idea, i'm in!

Wow.. what to say tribute wise?? What hasn't been said?? How fortunate for me that a film actress loved her husband and wanted to keep him around so much she agreed to a new television series only if he starred in it with her. Who knew her character would be loved the WORLD over? I have to say she hit a bullseye with LUCY RICARDO.. Her "star power" surpassed her film actress peers.. (I'll bet JOAN CRAWFORD, or BETTE DAVIS or JOAN BLONDELL or ESTER WILLIAMS would have loved the longevity of "LUCY").. The poor little girl from Jamestown.. dropped out of high school, modeled clothes in New York, did print ads for CHESTERFIELD cigarettes, was a chorus girl in black and white talkies, was transformed for Technicolor movies, and finally landed on our television set Monday nights...

She knew what her fans wanted, kept them rivited to the tube, and never failed to make us smile. She set the bar for physical comedy, for sitcom comedy, and still hasn't been topped.. Although.. many great shows are on now, Raising Hope, Modern Family, and Family Guy to name a few... for someone to keep their career running for 25 years more or less on television is still an amazing achievement.. and her routines still hold up today.. madelyn, bob and jess were mastermind artists.. and BALL was their perfect canvas...

I think the key to her hearty staying power and popularity (even tho the actress has moved on, her work is still around).. is her ability to be so "human" so "honest" and "relatably real" that seein such a beautifull woman behave in such a broad comedic manor is inherently hysterical! I know of no other actress/comedian that always soothes my nerves and constantly provides me with endless entertainment than the late great Lucille Ball.. I like Joan Rivers, and many other female commedians, I love good comedy no matter who performs it.. but Lucille Ball's "takes" and "timing" and "energy" never bore me.. NEVER.. I think that is testemont of her abilities as an actress... Happy 100th Birthday to my favorite actress.. Lucille Desiree Ball

Wow.. what to say tribute wise?? What hasn't been said?? How fortunate for me that a film actress loved her husband and wanted to keep him around so much she agreed to a new television series only if he starred in it with her. Who knew her character would be loved the WORLD over? I have to say she hit a bullseye with LUCY RICARDO.. Her "star power" surpassed her film actress peers.. (I'll bet JOAN CRAWFORD, or BETTE DAVIS or JOAN BLONDELL or ESTER WILLIAMS would have loved the longevity of "LUCY").. The poor little girl from Jamestown.. dropped out of high school, modeled clothes in New York, did print ads for CHESTERFIELD cigarettes, was a chorus girl in black and white talkies, was transformed for Technicolor movies, and finally landed on our television set Monday nights...

She knew what her fans wanted, kept them rivited to the tube, and never failed to make us smile. She set the bar for physical comedy, for sitcom comedy, and still hasn't been topped.. Although.. many great shows are on now, Raising Hope, Modern Family, and Family Guy to name a few... for someone to keep their career running for 25 years more or less on television is still an amazing achievement.. and her routines still hold up today.. madelyn, bob and jess were mastermind artists.. and BALL was their perfect canvas...

I think the key to her hearty staying power and popularity (even tho the actress has moved on, her work is still around).. is her ability to be so "human" so "honest" and "relatably real" that seein such a beautifull woman behave in such a broad comedic manor is inherently hysterical! I know of no other actress/comedian that always soothes my nerves and constantly provides me with endless entertainment than the late great Lucille Ball.. I like Joan Rivers, and many other female commedians, I love good comedy no matter who performs it.. but Lucille Ball's "takes" and "timing" and "energy" never bore me.. NEVER.. I think that is testemont of her abilities as an actress... Happy 100th Birthday to my favorite actress.. Lucille Desiree Ball

Beautiful tribute but her birthday isn't just yet ;-)

85 days to do!

Archived