100 Day Countdown To Lucy's 100th Birthday!

mikidiki

72 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1983 - August 1984? (72nd year of her life)

My answer: THE TELEVISION ACADEMY HALL OF FAME: It's so moving, Lucy is so moved by it all and it's Lucy's favourite award.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

72 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1983 - August 1984? (72nd year of her life)

My answer: THE TELEVISION ACADEMY HALL OF FAME: It's so moving, Lucy is so moved by it all and it's Lucy's favourite award.

Ok, well, this is getting a bit ridiculous, as we agree on every one of them for the past five years, LOL!

Ok, well, this is getting a bit ridiculous, as we agree on every one of them for the past five years, LOL!

LOL! Well, the next few years I probably won't have an answer because I am unsure/haven't seen her appearance so I look forward to your replies!

Lucille Ball Productions stretching its wings with producing All The Right Moves... even though that turned sour.

All Right Moves? Tell me more................p.s - I didn't have an answer for this year as I'd never seen any of the appearances of Lucy in "The Lucy Book" - there's not much said about Lucy and 1982-1983. Maybe "The Merv Griffin Show" where she was a special guest for The Merm's last appearance?

70 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1981 - August 1982? (70th year of her life)

My answer is that interview she did with what's his name where Bob and Madelyn were also on it and the host asks her something about sex and she says "Sex is great during your 70's"! LOL! Makes me laugh cause you don't expect her to say that. It's a really refreshing interview and she also shows picture of her first grandson etc.

69 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1980 - August 1981? (69th year of her life)

My answer (even though I haven't seen it) would be "The Tomorrow Show" - sounds like it would have been interesting to watch!

69 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1980 - August 1981? (69th year of her life)

My answer (even though I haven't seen it) would be "The Tomorrow Show" - sounds like it would have been interesting to watch!

Seeing her live in person during an appearance on The Merv Griffin Show. :D

Yeah, I agree - I put that one day as her 70th year because she was 70 when she did the show unless I'm thinking of another one. Take a look at my 70 days left answer and tell me if it's the same show - the one where she speaks about jojoba and her grandson and sex LOL!

Exactly -- anything with Lucy and Gale together automatically shoots to the top of the list, but the presence of THE MOVIE STAR!!! just puts it over the top. LOL

OMG yes, who else can say they worked with THE MOVIE STAR that often, what a career landmark that was for her, LOL!

Oh yes, i agree with that one, and she did Merv's show many many times, i want DIBS on the Mame one, the one on stage, no the one for the Premiere, she NEVER looked or felt better and was more enthuseastic than when she did the show where they showed the first clips of Mame after she had done it.

Yeah, I agree - I put that one day as her 70th year because she was 70 when she did the show unless I'm thinking of another one. Take a look at my 70 days left answer and tell me if it's the same show - the one where she speaks about jojoba and her grandson and sex LOL!

Yup, that one! ;) Little Simon was only a few months old when it was taped, they showed his baby picture if I recall correctly. :D

Precisely! :lucythrill:

But to be fair, i have to add that if MOVIE STAR means always looking like a million bucks when out in public even years after the career peak has been reached, than Ruta has it all, she looks absolutely sensational, the way she dresses for events is amazing and she looks the same today as she did way back then. GO RUTA! Oh sorry, i mean GO MISS LEE!

Thought I would get in early as it's already the 2nd June here, therefore there are:

65 DAYS LEFT

What is your number one memory of Lucille Ball from August 1976 - August 1977? (65th year of her life)

My answer: CBS SALUTES LUCY: THE FIRST 25 YEARS

Archived