Lucy Specials Awards/Ratings

Love this thread!

Harry will probably know but I don't think an 18.1 rating is a time slot winner.   (Considering Here's Lucy ended its run at #29 with a 20.0 rating).   Too bad because "Gets Lucky" is my favorite of all Lucy's "experiments" of the 70s.   I STILL say a conservatively administered laugh track would have helped the show.

Perusing through this thread made me remember something: I'm certain I once saw a TV Guide ratings list that said that in 1989-90, Bob Hope's Love Affair, Very First Show, and Christmas Special all made it into the top five most-watched specials of the year. This makes me curious to know how Calls The President and Nashville did in the ratings.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, Will said:

https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-264249.html.  Someone here a aid Lucy Comes to Nashville got a 20.2 rating and 28% share but was against War and Rememberance so it sounds like it didn't win its timeslot.   I found Lucy Calls the President got #12

I looked it up and "Lucy Calls the President" aired on Monday night November 21, 1977.   Does anyone know what time?  I'm not sure but am thinking 10pm, pre-empting the short-lived show "Rafferty".   For the first time in a long time, CBS's Monday night was in a shambles.  "Young Dan'l Boone" at 8.  From 9 to 10 was "The Betty White Show" (half a season) and "Maude" in its final very low rated year---which makes "President"'s #12 more impressive.

In fact,  90% of the entire 77-78 schedule on all 3 networks was dreadful.   With an exception or two, there are no shows I would have watched.