What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

Lucy & The Drum Contest :lucycoy:

Lucy, The Crusader :lucywow:

"Buddy Rich" was a nice change of pace. It will never get both thumbs up from me, it is a refreshing episode and I had forgotten about the very unusual camera work at the beginning.

Yeah that weird close up thing of Buddy on the drums was actually a little disturbing for me.

• Lucy, The Coed :lucywow:

It's not the most polished of musical episodes, but this the first of the musicals where, in my opinion, you can really see Lucie's future as a musical theatre star truly begin to emerge. Plus: extra points for Marilyn Maxwell knowing how to make one hell of an entrance.

• Lucy, The Coed :lucywow:

It's not the most polished of musical episodes, but this the first of the musicals where, in my opinion, you can really see Lucie's future as a musical theatre star truly begin to emerge. Plus: extra points for Marilyn Maxwell knowing how to make one hell of an entrance.

I have to say, all your reviews so far have been better than Fidelman's, they are all right on brother.

• Like 1

• Lucy, The American Mother (Acts 1 and 2) :lucythrill:
  • Lucy, The American Mother (Act 3) :lucyeww:

Things I forgot about this episode:

• How much fun the A plot is
  • The fact Mary Jane is in this
  • How far down hill that goes once the B plot of the missing $100 is introduced
  • In fact, I forgot about the Library scene entirely
  • It was quickly evident why
  • Whoever dubbed Dick Clark "the world's oldest teenager" never met Don Chrichton
  • Olive Dunbar is no Fay Wray

• Lucy, The American Mother (Acts 1 and 2) :lucythrill:
  • Lucy, The American Mother (Act 3) :lucyeww:

Things I forgot about this episode:

• How much fun the A plot is
  • The fact Mary Jane is in this
  • How far down hill that goes once the B plot of the missing $100 is introduced
  • In fact, I forgot about the Library scene entirely
  • It was quickly evident why
  • Whoever dubbed Dick Clark "the world's oldest teenager" never met Don Chrichton
  • Olive Dunbar is no Fay Wray

The library scene is the best part!

• Lucy's Wedding Party :lucythrill:

Pretty much a perfect episode and a nice change of pace. The Greek dance is a series highlight, IMO, and I love the shout-out to Little Cleo, even if Mary Jane butchered her maiden name.

• Lucy Cuts Vincent's Price :lucywow:

A silly outing, but a very fun one with laugh-out-loud moments from beginning to end. Lucy and Vincent have a great chemistry and although the rehearsal scene is a bit over-the-top, Lucy and Vincent get genuine laughs and the ending is fun as well.

• Lucy, the Diamond Cutter :lucyhaha:

Kim and Craig are very accepting of new, unheard-of uncles but this is probably my favourite Wally Cox episode, thanks to La Wickes, a delightfully daffy performance from Ruth McDevitt (even though Lucille shot her after the filming just to watch her die) and some great little throwaway moments from Lucy.

• Lucy & Jack Benny's Biography :lucythrill:

Criticize? This is very difficult for me to do.

• Lucy & Rudy Vallee :lucyshock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear lord, this episode is an abomination on almost every front, but Lucy and Lucie are wonderful in the musical finale despite the horrific presence of their guest star. I'll never understand Rudy Vallee and his acting makes Lawrence Welk look like Peter O'Toole by comparison. He is, by far, the creepiest, sleaziest presence ever to appear on a Lucy episode. And, no, Bob Crane and O.J. Simpson are not excepted. NEXT!

• Lucy Loses her Cool :lucyhaha:

Another fun installment, and leaps and bounds better than the TLS iteration. However, it could have used the presence of Doris Dingleton. 

• Lucy, The Part-Time Wife :lucywow:

I'm not sure why I disliked the episode the last time or two I watched it, but it was delightful this go-round, made especially fun by what a good time Lucy and Gale seem to be having in this outing. It's a shame Gertie wasn't played by a more significant guest-star, however. Martha Raye would have been perfect here.

• Lucy & Ma Parker :lucyshock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They done Carole wrong.

• Lucy Stops a Marriage :lucywow:

A great showcase for Gale and Jayne Meadows worked very well as a guest star here, making the very most of her appearance.

• Like 1

• Lucy, The Part-Time Wife :lucywow:
I'm not sure why I disliked the episode the last time or two I watched it, but it was delightful this go-round, made especially fun by what a good time Lucy and Gale seem to be having in this outing. It's a shame Gertie wasn't played by a more significant guest-star, however. Martha Raye would have been perfect here.

I always thought Elaine Stritch would have been ideal for Gertie. Maybe it's just the necktie. If it had been Stritch, the character would have needed more screentime.

I always thought Elaine Stritch would have been ideal for Gertie. Maybe it's just the necktie. If it had been Stritch, the character would have needed more screentime.

Haha! If it was Stritch, I'd have given her the last two episodes of the season for Gertie Goes Hawaiian.

• Lucy's Vacation :lucywow:
  • Lucy & The 20-20 Vision :lucywow:

Both episodes are great showcases for Gale and I love the idea of bringing in Parley Baer as Harry's psychiatrist. Two questions for the ages: why was it necessary to replace the office doors with solid wood numbers just to accommodate the one-off time clock? And where did those creepy "Gemini" twins ever come from? (And where did they go after 20-20?)

• 3 weeks later...

Lucy & Flip Go Legit :lucywow:

Lucy & The Mountain Climber :lucywow:

• Would have been an :lucythrill: if Janos Prohaska's costume didn't look like something shot by Nelson Eddy in Rose Marie.
  • It's too bad they didn't turn Tony Randall's guest spot into a three-episode arc or something. He and Gale worked exceptionally well together and that co-ownership plot had a lot more potential

Harry's Italian Bombshell :lucythrill:

• Practically perfect in every way

Lucy & Mannix are Held Hostage :lucythrill:

• In particular, I love the interaction between Harry and Mary Jane in this outing. (as is usually the case)
  • Mary Jane's "What are you doing in the closet? :D " kills me every time. :marionstrong:

Lucy & The Astronauts :lucywow:

• People so often disagree with my enthusiasm for this one. On this viewing, I still don't care. haha

• 2 weeks later...