What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

Looped back to the beginning of Season 5 for a marathon this evening:

• Lucy's Big Break
  • Lucy & Eva Gabor are Hospital Roomies ("I'm now down to my basic diamonds.")
  • Harrison Carter: Male Nurse
  • A Home is not an Office ("Hello?!")
  • Lucy & Joe Namath
  • Lucy, The Other Woman ("Now, zing your zong!")

• Like 1

Looped back to the beginning of Season 5 for a marathon this evening:

• Lucy's Big Break
  • Lucy & Eva Gabor are Hospital Roomies ("I'm now down to my basic diamonds.")
  • Harrison Carter: Male Nurse
  • A Home is not an Office ("Hello?!")
  • Lucy & Joe Namath
  • Lucy, The Other Woman ("Now, zing your zong!")

God, Eva was so great in that one!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sammy Davis, Jr. was great. In fact, he was in an all-time classic episode of "All in the Family." But his appearance on "Here's Lucy" was a disappointment for all concerned.

Just watched the All in the Family Sammy Davis, Jr. episode the other day along with several other classic AITF episodes such as the one where Edith goes through menopause (LOVE this episode! Contains one of the best performances by Jean Stapleton in the AITF series), the one where Maude comes to take care of the Bunker household and clashes with Archie, the one where Archie gets stuck in an elevator with four other people and witnesses a live birth, the two-parter where Edith almost gets raped and has an emotional breakdown afterwards, the one where Archie saves and kisses a man thinking the person was a woman and later finding out the person was a cross dresser ... much to his embarrassment, the one where Mike goes against his views on violence and punches a guy on the train and then admits to liking it, the one where Archie's beloved chair gets destroyed, the one where Edith invites a couple to have a fun/game night with her and Archie not realizing they are swingers, the one where Archie and Edith have supper at their new next-door neighbors, the Jeffersons, for the very first time, etc. Bunch of GREAT episodes there. Anyways, I do agree that the Here's Lucy Sammy Davis, Jr. episode was a let-down. Lucy Carter was too pushy in that one and such a ding-a-ling. It wasn't funny at all just annoying. However, the AITF one was a riot fest all the way through the scene where Sammy kissed Archie. How did you like the other sitcoms that Sammy Davis, Jr. made a guest star appearance in (such as I Dream of Jeannie and The Jeffersons)?

• 2 weeks later...

When Shout was compiling episodes for "The Best of Here's Lucy", a guy I know took an extensive poll and here are the top twenty episodes by number of 'top ten' votes:

1-10: Burtons, NG as RN, Lucy Meets Lucy, With Viv as a Friend, Lawrence Welk, Lucy Fights the System, Jack Benny's Biography, Harry's Pot, a Date for Lucy, Ann-Margaret

11-20 Lucy the Crusader, Harry's Tonsils, Lucy the Matchmaker (Viv), Kim Moves Out, Used Car Dealer (Berle), Flip Wilson, Lucy the Fixer, Working Daughter, Harrison Carter-Male Nurse, Ginger Comes to Tea.

It always surprises me: the episodes people like and don't seem to like as much as I do. Conspicuously missing: Big Break, Ski Lift/Dinah, Craig's Drivers License. AND the fact that Working Daughter, Male Nurse and Ginger only barely make the top 20!

Hi! I'm new here! I'm a third generation Lucy fan. My grandma loves "I Love Lucy" and my mom and dad not only Love "I Love Lucy", but they also enjoy both "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" and they passed on their love for this terrific funny lady and her great shows to me.

The last show I watched was last saturday and it was the "Bow Wow Botique.

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new here! I'm a third generation Lucy fan. My grandma loves "I Love Lucy" and my mom and dad not only Love "I Love Lucy", but they also enjoy both "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" and they passed on their love for this terrific funny lady and her great shows to me.

Welcome and set a spell.  3 generations huh, impressive!

You go, girl! Welcome aboard! :D

• 5 weeks later...

I watched Lucy And The Andrews Sisters and I love the opening where Kim had these neat Hollywood star posters in her room and Lucy held up an old poster of herself. I would love to have some of those posters!

I've always loved that scene! Also in Lucy Gets Lucky in the MGM Grand where she passes her photo and checks her hair. Love those scenes.