Lucy's Aussie Fan

What episodes are you watching on "Here's Lucy"?

On 5/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Luvsbway said:

Lucy and chimps though, always adorable. 

:HALKING:

Season Three "Mini Marathon"

1. Lucy Meets the Burtons
  2. Lucy the Skydiver
  3. ...Sammy Davis Jr.
  4. ...Drum Contest (Buddy Rich)
  5. ...the Crusader (a personal favorite as it never gets old! Charles Nelson Reilly's hilarious guest star warranted a repeat visit, wonder why it never happened??)
  6. ...the Coed
  7. ...the American Mother 
  • Like 2

I've been putting together little videos for Carole Cook, moments from her career, to keep them entertained while confined.

I put together all her  episode intros and God! she's funny.  Most of the intros done by others are entertaining but are usually straight-forward plot descriptions with a little trivial.  Carole goes off-script.  About "Part-Time Wife", she says "Lucy pretends to be pregnant", then pauses and adds "That's what we call a stretch".   She does the intro to "Crusader" and mentioned it's the best of the series (I believe that opinion was scripted and on prompter).  Fidelman said that too.  Do others think so?   I don't hate it but I don't particularly like it either.  I like CN Reilly in it.   HE should have been on Life with Lucy!

• Like 1

Really?? It's (IMHO) one of the funniest of the entire series, Charles Nelson or not! (and I'm partial mostly to those once B&M came back!) Wow... kinda caught me off guard here! :HALKING:

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:17 PM, Neil said:

I've been putting together little videos for Carole Cook, moments from her career, to keep them entertained while confined.

I put together all her  episode intros and God! she's funny.  Most of the intros done by others are entertaining but are usually straight-forward plot descriptions with a little trivial.  Carole goes off-script.  About "Part-Time Wife", she says "Lucy pretends to be pregnant", then pauses and adds "That's what we call a stretch".   She does the intro to "Crusader" and mentioned it's the best of the series (I believe that opinion was scripted and on prompter).  Fidelman said that too.  Do others think so?   I don't hate it but I don't particularly like it either.  I like CN Reilly in it.   HE should have been on Life with Lucy!

The "Part-Time Wife Mother-To-Be" episode would have been better suited for the Kim Carter character as she was of child-bearing age. Moreover, that would have made a great comedy bit/episode for Lucie Arnaz to do. Too bad when the writers wrote this episode they didn't have Kim Carter/Lucie Arnaz in mind. What a missed opportunity!

"Crusader" was a very good episode. I would definitely include it in the "Best of Here's Lucy" list. Great script all the way around! I remember being very impressed and entertained during my first time of watching it.

In the last week or so ago:

"Lucy Gives Eddie Albert the Old Song and Dance" (#128) ... awesome to see old Lucy players in this one; however, the writing is not so great. So much of this episode gets built up that leads to a climax of just a song and dance number that Lucy and Eddie Albert do. That's about it. Nothing spectacular.

"Lucy, the Peacemaker" (#122) ... this episode could easily be a Lucy-less one. The plot literally revolves around the guest stars and it's Lucy who is the one that plays second fiddle. Not to mention that no one in the Here's Lucy cast (besides Lucy) is in the episode.

"Lucy, the Shopping Expert" (#20) ... fun viewing. The birds and bees talk is a riot. And Lucy trying to show Kim how to shop is hilarious!

"A Date For Lucy" (#18) ... not too bad. It is nice to see Cesar Romero, a former Lucy guest, return to a Lucy program. 

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

In the last week or so ago:

"Lucy Gives Eddie Albert the Old Song and Dance" (#128) ... awesome to see old Lucy players in this one; however, the writing is not so great. So much of this episode gets built up that leads to a climax of just a song and dance number that Lucy and Eddie Albert do. That's about it. Nothing spectacular.

I recently watched this one as well.  I wonder if Lucy's "Mame" costar Robert Preston was ever considered for Albert's part. During the ladies' discussion at the office, it is mentioned Albert had appeared in "The Music Man," for which Preston was well known.