Who's going to the Jamestown Festival this year?

It runs August 3-7. Is anyone going?

Wouldn't it be cool if some of us on this board could get together in Jamestown and finally meet?

If each of you who does come here would wear a small sign somewhere visible to passers-by, I'd love to greet my friends here on the Lounge! It would be far too difficult to say: "let's meet at the Pub, at such-and-such time; because, there are always folks in 'events', 'programs', etc. But, a quick wink and a hug on the 'pass-by' would be wonderful....let's plan....ideas??? ....

anyone?

Fondly, Joyce K.

I'm planning on going for at least part of it!

I was kinda hoping to go for the first time in years given the not one but TWO huge "landmark" dates that are being "celebrated" this year but as far as I know, not only are none of the "Lucy contingent" I know going -- it's quite a journey from LA! -- but with the sudden shift of emphasis on "celebrating comedy" (:rolleyes:) rather than really going all out this year to celebrate LUCY, as --and this is just me -- I feel they should, I don't really think I'm gonna make the effort!

lucyblah.JPG

I was kinda hoping to go for the first time in years given the not one but TWO huge "landmark" dates that are being "celebrated" this year but as far as I know, not only are none of the "Lucy contingent" I know going -- it's quite a journey from LA! -- but with the sudden shift of emphasis on "celebrating comedy" (:rolleyes:) rather than really going all out this year to celebrate LUCY, as --and this is just me -- I feel they should, I don't really think I'm gonna make the effort!

lucyblah.JPG

Heck, I only have a 5-6 hour drive and I'm not going because of their sudden shift of interest.

I'll definitely be there (I arrive on August 1 and leave on August 7), and it would be great to meet fellow Lucy Loungers. leenorman's idea of wearing something would be a great idea.

If we can't get together at a restaurant, could we maybe all go to a specific event together?

Mary Jane Fan

That's a good idea. I didn't order tickets in time and they ran out of tickets for the dinner and show but I'll be going to the trivia contest. But we should definitely all wear something so we can find each other!

I'll definitely be there (I arrive on August 1 and leave on August 7), and it would be great to meet fellow Lucy Loungers. leenorman's idea of wearing something would be a great idea.

If we can't get together at a restaurant, could we maybe all go to a specific event together?

Mary Jane Fan

I'm just thinking out loud, here: suggestions for recognition of 'Loungers'.... perhaps, a discreet, small picture of Lucille on our left shoulder, or over our heart; something like that that ONLY WE know about - suggestions???? Your thoughts....

Here's another idea; how about our 'stage name' sign somewhere on the left side; over our heart, since most folks wear Lucy apparel; each of our 'names' would be unique.

Regards, Joyce

I like the idea of having a small picture of Lucy over the left shoulder. We could all choose one picture of Lucy and maybe have Lucy Lounge or some sort of symbol on it

I'm just thinking out loud, here: suggestions for recognition of 'Loungers'.... perhaps, a discreet, small picture of Lucille on our left shoulder, or over our heart; something like that that ONLY WE know about - suggestions???? Your thoughts....

Here's another idea; how about our 'stage name' sign somewhere on the left side; over our heart, since most folks wear Lucy apparel; each of our 'names' would be unique.

Regards, Joyce

Archived