DVR Alerts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tonight at 10:00pm CNN is airing The History of Comedy with a focus on women in comedy. Lucy is only covered briefly (as is everyone else), but there are some great talking heads and some rare footage.

Yes, some great ladies you rarely if ever see anymore because they're no longer with us (e.g. Totie Fields, Moms Mabley), no longer working, at least not from what I can tell (like Elayne Boosler) or never garnered "big time, know them by one name" recognition, like Carol Leifer (writer/producer, Better Late Than Never, Seinfeld) but moved behind the scenes. :D

Looking forward to it.

I love how heavily CNN has been featuring the clip of Lucy and Carol on Frost in the promo for this episode.

Always great to see them together! Would love to see this ep in it's entirety. :blink:

Joey:  I think they're doing it again on CNN TONIGHT, (Eastern time) Saturday; just saw the ad in passing yesterday.  10 PM; probably 6 PM yours....

Thanks, Joyce.

I saw it on (I think) a Friday repeat and really enjoyed it....although I think I would have liked/preferred a more "deep dive" focusing with separate episodes each on female stand-ups, female comic actresses, male stand ups, etc. etc. ...but I'm sure that's just me, I still recommended it.

• 2 weeks later...

Get TV has 2 nice Lucy things on this month.

Sunday, March 19,at 11p Merv Griffin. This is a 1980 episode with Natalie Wood, James Brolin, Michelle Lee. What goodies do I need to know about this episode?

Lucy's appearance on Van Dyke and Company is being rerun Monday, March 20th at 10p.

• Like 1

Get TV has 2 nice Lucy things on this month.

Sunday, March 19,at 11p Merv Griffin. This is a 1980 episode with Natalie Wood, James Brolin, Michelle Lee. What goodies do I need to know about this episode?

Fantastic! Lucy's segment is/was on YouTube. I wonder if she stayed on and interacted with the others. That is a great lineup of guests. It's interesting who appeared with Lucy on multiple talk shows. Natalie Wood and Lucy were on The Mike Douglas Show together and Michele Lee and Lucy were on The Late Show with Joan Rivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Merv last night...

I’ve seen a brief bit of the Merv before, mostly Lucy’s cry. It’s funny to me how many different types of moods Lucy has in interviews and how the topics discussed can turn those moods. This is one of her more moody interviews. Get her on a topic she likes and she’ll talk, but ask her stuff that she doesn’t feel like talking about and she sort of shuts down. I like her talking about Gary at the beginning and how 19 years are up and it’s time for a new model, but the stuff she says about him is rather sweet. Acknowledging his playboy past huh, new thing to see her talking about. Kids seem to make Lucy happy to talk about too and the story about working with Gary Coleman on the special was interesting. It’s sort of sad though, knowing how his life turned out after the success of that show. Also sad to think that Natalie would not live too much longer after this interview. But then for the rest of the guests Lucy sort of tunes out, until they got to the one costar of I think of Natalie’s that Lucy perked up to talk about him. And you can tell her and Natalie must have been talking about the mountains in Aspen during a break as she was still in conversation over that upon return. The more I see it brought up to Lucy over the years about how she was this working mother, who ran a studio, had her own show, etc.. the more Lucy just doesn’t seem to get how big a thing that was and how much it really was never something she thought about. She just did what she needed to do. And from time to time, as we see here she brings Desi up again. Of note is how she says she doesn’t have to at this time (1980) but she does. Always a champion for him and how little credit he got. And Lucy and her cotton mouth again. I think she was on some medication that was doing this to her.

I’ll try and post a drop box link for download tonight for those who couldn’t watch this.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

GET TV Birthday tribute to Lucy Aug 6th 7-10p EST. They are showing 2 Merv Griffins, the one with the kids and the 1980 one. Then the Van Dyke and Company Lucy guest stared on. All shows have been shown on Get TV before, but nice to see they are remembering her birthday.

• 11 months later...