Sign in to follow this  
Brock

DVR Alerts!

HarryCarter    964
47 minutes ago, Brock said:

Lucie's "Billy Jack Goes to Washington" will be on TCM overnight this evening. 

I wonder if it's the original version. Since the movie underwent so much tinkering and many delays, there was a lot of footage cut. The DVD is edited. I wonder if any of Lucie's scenes were cut and, if so, will be restored. 

Luvsbway    1,939

Tonight, Nov 14th at 8pm EST on AXS TV they ware airing Dan Aykroyd's interview with Dan Rather that was shot in Jamestown in August. I caught it last night. The whole interview is done at Shawbucks. They have a few shots of the Comedy Center and also show the ride in of the motorcycle. 

• Like 1

Neil    1,276

On Dec. 3rd at 4:30 am (yes AM!!), "The Joey Bishop Show" will feature Mr. and Mrs. Jack Carter, our own Paula Stewart.   I looked up Paula on imdb and her bio ends with this statement  "More recently, Paula had a radio show on KCLA-FM that features Hollywood celebrities and other people with interesting careers."

Does anyone know about this radio show?  And I wonder what they mean by "more recently". 

I don't know what to make of "The Joey Bishop Show".  It's not BAD but there's nothing to draw you to it.  After the first season, filmed single-cam style in black-and-white,  in which Joey lived with his mother Madge Blake and his extended family (including "sister" Marlo Thomas), season 2 was completely revamped.  Season 1's supporting cast was gone and the show started filming in front of an audience (at Desilu, of course).  Joey was now a TV host with wife Abby Dalton.  This format continued for 2 seasons on NBC in color.   Dropped by NBC in 1964, CBS picked it up for one last season (continuing the same format) airing at 9:30 on Sunday opposite the #1 rated Bonanza.  Its success depended completely on its lead-in: Bob Cummings' new gimmicky comedy My Living Doll (with Julie Newmar as a robot!).  I don't know what CBS was thinking.   Despite having 123 episodes (70 or so in color), "Joey" had NO syndication life. (I'm only guessing this from listings in my old TV Guides). 

"Joey" has the distinction of being the only series I know of, that started in b/w, went to color, then back to b/w (for its CBS season.)   The format and set, post Madge Blake-season, are  similar to "The Danny Thomas Show"---Danny and Sheldon Leonard produced it.  Someone in the know told me that the series, never a ratings grabber, continued to be renewed in order to placate producer Sheldon Leonard.   If this is the case, why couldn't Lucy use her Desilu muscle to get Ethel Merman's Maggie Brown on the air? --not to mention one of the other sitcom pilots Desilu was churning out.