DVR Alerts!

For Canadian viewers, the two part "Best of" Three's Company episodes with Lucy will air on DejaView this week.

Part 1: Monday, January 17 -- 1:30 pm, 7:30 pm, 12:30 am

Part 2: Tuesday, January 18 -- 1:30 pm, 7:30 pm, 12:30 am

Or get that season of the show and you get it on there uncut and in pristine condition. I also see that best Foot Forward was on this morning at 6 am on TCM.

It is a terrible show. lol

Yes, the one joke seems to be about misunderstanding everything but John Ritter is a genius of slapstick comedy. And Suzanne is the ideal dumb blonde and Don Knotts was a classic tv personality and as bad as you think it was, did you see the garbage that has been on since then? Hope and Faith, According to Jim, King of Queens, Home Improvement, compared to those and some even worse, it's classic tv comedy.

• 3 weeks later...

Six months early, but it looks like August 6 on TCM will (rightfully) be Lucille Ball Day since "Stage Door" is scheduled to be that night's "Essential."

The Essentials

Excellent! It has been too long. I hope they air some of the more rare movies. I'd love to re-record Panama Lady. My tape was never the same after it spent two years at large. :lucydisgust: I don't know what happened to it in the meantime... but it must have been rough.

• 1 month later...

Monday, March 14 -- TCM -- Valley of the Sun

7:30 am - 9:00

Wednesday, March 16 -- TCM -- Follow The Fleet

2:00 pm - 4:00

Thursday, March 17 -- TCM -- My Wild Irish Rose :bill1:

6:00 am - 8:00 am

Thursday, March 24 -- TCM -- The Big Street

4:30 am - 6:00

Friday, March 25 -- TCM -- Miss Grant Takes Richmond

10:00 pm - 11:45

Monday, March 14 -- TCM -- Valley of the Sun

7:30 am - 9:00

Wednesday, March 16 -- TCM -- Follow The Fleet

2:00 pm - 4:00

Thursday, March 17 -- TCM -- My Wild Irish Rose :bill1:

6:00 am - 8:00 am

Thursday, March 24 -- TCM -- The Big Street

4:30 am - 6:00

Friday, March 25 -- TCM -- Miss Grant Takes Richmond

10:00 pm - 11:45

Oh great, Street at that unGodly hour, but great time slots for the other crappy ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you say you wanted me to record that for you?

No, but thanks! I asked the first time it aired if anyone else taped it because the movie ran overtime and my DVR didn't get the ending. Hopefully I can rectify the situation tomorrow morning!!

No, but thanks! I asked the first time it aired if anyone else taped it because the movie ran overtime and my DVR didn't get the ending. Hopefully I can rectify the situation tomorrow morning!!

I know the feeling, happened to me with parts one and two of Mildred Pierce, just as the credits start, the dvd stopped. It was absolutely terrific by the way, and the Emmy goes to Kate Winslet . . .

She's in practically every scene and is the main star, how many shows are there anyway, part three is this week i see. Maggie is in something?

Maggie is clearly a supporting player in Downton Abbey, but I can see them pushing her into the lead category due to the popularity of her character.

Maggie is clearly a supporting player in Downton Abbey, but I can see them pushing her into the lead category due to the popularity of her character.

Maybe, i'm just thrilled she's in something again. I still have a couple of gems of hers i have yet to find the time to watch, Ladies in Lavender or something like that and tea with Mussolini which i've seen before but want to see again, she is such a gifted actress.

It will be a while until this airs, but Cher will be the TCM Guest Programmer for a night in September and one of her selections is "The Big Street!" Another is "Follow the Fleet." :D

Cher, who earned an Oscar for her performance in the romance Moonstruck, is a passionate fan of classic films and TCM. For her night as GUEST PROGRAMMER in September, she has chosen the Ginger Rogers-Fred Astaire musical Follow the Fleet (1936), David Lean’s delightful comedy Hobson’s Choice (1954), the Damon Runyon tale The Big Street (1942) and the comedy-mystery Lady of Burlesque (1943).

My link

• 3 months later...