The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster..Cont'd

PuttyNose

The Halloween Picture: I used to tape record the CBS morning Lucy Shows so I heard them before I saw them. It wasn't until my 2nd viewing of this one years later that I realized Mr. Mooney was the dream Dracula. I had always assumed this one was originally aired around Halloween, but it was much later.

And I've always meant to tell our webmaster, I LOVE the 'other TV show' category "Art Linkletter Going Through a Lady's Purse". Only HE could pick through all Lucy episode for that obscure reference from "Lucy and Viv Put Up a TV Antenna".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've jumped ahead a bit to get us into a festive mood for Patrick's Day November 30. :D

Love it, Brock! "Steamboat Bessie" is one of Viv's finest hours! She looks gorgeous too (and a good ten years younger -- I think she was having a blast and it showed.). Also love the new "sizzling antenna" avatar -- I didn't know we could have animated (?) gif. files..... cool! HALKING.gif

Absolutely LOVING the stills to celebrate the release of TLS Season 3, makes me more excited about getting it!!!, although I do with their was an interview with Ralph or Candy on it.

What's got me excited about these beautiful pics is that they are mostly new to us, not the ones we are so used to seeing all the time BUT different ones from the norm and so exciting to see as they evoke memories from shows not seen on tv in decades, just beautiful Brrockie, great work.

I was just thinking of this episode this morning. I parked at the post office and looked at the meter and remembered this scene with Lucy and Viv. It got me all excited for Season 3 on dvd. I -- CAN'T -- WAIT! :HALKING:

Yeah, i also love the meter maid ep and can't wait ti see it all clear and re mastered, it was a classic Lucy and Viv skirmish, LOL! :viv2::lucy2:

Just a note that the banner above might be the last one in the series for a few days. The ones I had already prepared are on my new laptop, which I have to take into the shop tomorrow. I left home for a meeting tonight and it was perfectly fine and I come back a couple of hours later and it appears to have passed away...

Just a note that the banner above might be the last one in the series for a few days. The ones I had already prepared are on my new laptop, which I have to take into the shop tomorrow. I left home for a meeting tonight and it was perfectly fine and I come back a couple of hours later and it appears to have passed away...

Awwwwwwww, sorry to hear that, you think maybe the palins hacked into it?

After switching to the new board system, I have the same old questions: Just to be sure, which is the 'avatar' (and how is it different than just 'picture') and which is the 'signature'? And the 'what's on your mind?' goes into the right hand column? Do we no longer have the 'view last 10 posts'?

And what is this 'rating' system? I'm a 2 and 'neutral', which I'm not quite sure how to take.

Just to be sure, which is the 'avatar' (and how is it different than just 'picture') and which is the 'signature'?

The avatar is the picture that you can put underneath your name on the left hand side of the page when you're viewing posts. The signature is the image you can set to appear at the bottom of all your posts. Both can be added and changed by clicking "My Settings" when you go into your profile. Click the downward pointing triangle next to your name at the top of the page.

And the 'what's on your mind?' goes into the right hand column?

I'm not sure what you mean here. The "What's On Your Mind?" is like a Facebook status update.

Do we no longer have the 'view last 10 posts'?

There is a similar feature near the top of the page where you can click on "View New Content".

And what is this 'rating' system? I'm a 2 and 'neutral', which I'm not quite sure how to take.

That number is taken from the number of +s and -s received by your posts. If you look at individual posts, there are plus and minus buttons.

The avatar is the picture that you can put underneath your name on the left hand side of the page when you're viewing posts.

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT THE AVATAR WAS, BUT THERE'S ALSO A 'PHOTO' ENTRY. WHERE DOES THAT GO?

That number is taken from the number of +s and -s received by your posts. If you look at individual posts, there are plus and minus buttons.

HOW ARE THESE +S AND -S RECEIVED? DO WE HAVE THE OPTION OF RATING EACH OTHERS' POSTS? IF SO, WHO DO I HAVE TO GIVE MY NEW SWEATER AND PURSE TO, TO INCREASE MY RATING??

The avatar is the picture that you can put underneath your name on the left hand side of the page when you're viewing posts. The signature is the image you can set to appear at the bottom of all your posts. Both can be added and changed by clicking "My Settings" when you go into your profile. Click the downward pointing triangle next to your name at the top of the page.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The "What's On Your Mind?" is like a Facebook status update.

There is a similar feature near the top of the page where you can click on "View New Content".

Thanks for all the clarifications, Brock! You mean we're being GRADED??!!! Well! How rude!! lucydaze.JPG

Archived