The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster..Cont'd

PuttyNose

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Miki!

Claude, Bart died in late 2009 but his death wasn't announced until the new year. He died of a heart attack after a series of strokes at 64. Here's his Obit. Holly died on December 30 but her death wasn't announced into the New Year at 55. There was no cause of death given. Obit: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/actresssinger-obrien-dead-at-55_1128710

I thin you posted Sue's obit twice, still no Bart. Who the hell delays an announcement of someone's death???

I doubt that in the aftermath of their untimely deaths, immediately informing the public was at the top of Bart and Holly's loved ones' lists.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but i consider Mr Andrews a celebrity, he has after all authored several books and i've seen him interviewed on television therefore i would expect his death, sudden or not, to be made public sooner rather than later. SHEESH! :lucydisgust:

Really! Do tell! lucythrill.JPG

Oh come on, you can figure it out, more talent in his little finger than most people have in their whole body, i will not state the line as i have to show respect for what we are discussing right now, i am still shocked that Mr Andrews passed away and so young too. I remember seeing him interviewed on that daytime talk show Joan Rivers had, she was doing an ILL anniversary tribute and Bart was so well informed. I think he was pushing the Laser Disc of the show that he had done or at least was involved with.

This is an awesome memorium for those related to Lucy that have passed away this year. On an off topic note, it is quite eerie that three well-known actors passed away that were in "Airplane!". Peter Graves, Leslie Nielsen(the two silver-haired actors that I get confused over- like I thought that Leslie Nielsen was on "Life With Lucy" and "The Golden Girls"), and Barbara Billingsley.

And to Viv's right, our left, is the great Jack Albertson, the man in Chico and the man and an Oscar winner and the man who told Lucy Ricardo her slip was showing when she rented a helicopter, also brother of Mabel Albertson who wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner from Lucy Carmichael.

Uh, no dahling, not quite, although it's another venerable character actor of the day, it's Arthur O'Connell. Despite a large "all-star" cast, Jack isn't even in it!

lucyshock.JPG

I wasn't asking, i was pointing it out to old geezers like you who might not be able to see her, the friggin pics are so damned small. :lucythrill:

Oh, me huh? At least I can tell who it is!! What are you watching on, a 13" Philco?? marionstrong.gif

All kidding aside, didya know you can "adjust" the size of your fonts --and along with it, size of pics-- simply by using your Control key & + or - keys at the same time?? Or even easier, if you have a mouse with the scroll button in the middle of the left and right click keys, you can do it with that (while holding Control key at the same time).

Try it....you'll like it! lucyeww.JPG

Uh, no dahling, not quite, although it's another venerable character actor of the day, it's Arthur O'Connell. Despite a large "all-star" cast, Jack isn't even in it!

lucyshock.JPG

Arthur O'Connell was the star of the short-lived ABC TV comedy* "The Second Hundred Years" from 1967, which starting August 7th, 2011 will be what we can call the next phase of our Lucy fascination!

"TSHY" premise: Arthur's father died frozen in ice 67 years previously. They find the body and when they thaw him out he's alive (!--and why not?!) and the spitting image of Arthur's son Monty Markham.

*you put "ABC" and "comedy series" in one sentence and 9 times out of ten you'll find "short-lived" in the same sentence.

Arthur O'Connell was the star of the short-lived ABC TV comedy* "The Second Hundred Years" from 1967, which starting August 7th, 2011 will be what we can call the next phase of our Lucy fascination!

"TSHY" premise: Arthur's father died frozen in ice 67 years previously. They find the body and when they thaw him out he's alive (!--and why not?!) and the spitting image of Arthur's son Monty Markham.

*you put "ABC" and "comedy series" in one sentence and 9 times out of ten you'll find "short-lived" in the same sentence.

The Second Hundred Years was on YouTube a while back and it was... not terrible! lol

Pretty true, with happy childhood (and beyond) favorites and exceptions like Bewitched, That Girl, The Partridge Family, Room 222, The Odd Couple, and even (dare I say it being a "Partridge preferer"??) The Brady Bunch.

I actually liked that show when I was a kid!! And in retrospect, it probably didn't hurt that hunky Monte Markham was the guy who got .....dethawed. Coincidentally ...he went on to play Rue McLanahan's gay brother years later in Golden Girls.

:blink:

lucyshock.JPG

Oh geez, and i even MET him when ABC sent the stars of the upcoming season's shows to Canada, Montreal included, back in the late sixties. He does look like him though, but i told you, i can hardly see anything in those tiny pics so i've been looking at them with a magnifying glass. I was seriously thinking of writing After Elton and tell them to make their print BIGGER and eliminate some of that side grey design that is not needed. But you're right, i will ask beau to make my print bigger on the computer when he comes for New Year's Eve, er when he comes OVER then. He did it before and it was great but then i'd have to go all over to get complete stories or pics. I'll just make it a bit bigger, er the size of the print on the net, oh never mind.

Oh geez, and i even MET him when ABC sent the stars of the upcoming season's shows to Canada, Montreal included, back in the late sixties. He does look like him though, but i told you, i can hardly see anything in those tiny pics so i've been looking at them with a magnifying glass. I was seriously thinking of writing After Elton and tell them to make their print BIGGER and eliminate some of that side grey design that is not needed. But you're right, i will ask beau to make my print bigger on the computer when he comes for New Year's Eve, er when he comes OVER then. He did it before and it was great but then i'd have to go all over to get complete stories or pics. I'll just make it a bit bigger, er the size of the print on the net, oh never mind.

Seriously, this is something you could do yourself!! It's just a matter of holding down two keys at once (okay....there IS a joke here somewheres!!) and "adjusting" your screen to the size you want the fonts (and pics, if applicable) to be! Control key and + (plus for larger) or - (minus for smaller) depending whether you need to blow 'em up or shrink 'em....(okay....second joke insert here!!)) And easier yet if you have scroll-type mouse (Round button in middle of two buttons), you just hold down Control Key and "roll" that round button to how you want the screen to look!! Think of it as sort of "fine tuning" like back in the olden days with the old blonde B&W TV!! :marionstrong:

I wasn't asking, i was pointing it out to old geezers like you who might not be able to see her, the friggin pics are so damned small. :lucythrill:

Oh and i only JOKED about you being an old geezer as you are constantly pointing out that you and I are the oldies on here, LOL! We're so old we remember when Desi was on his first date. We remember when Lucy's voice was high pitched. We remember when Larry King and Regis Philbin were just two young kids starting out in the business and Betty White was the new girl in town. We remember when McCain could still think straight, when Rock Hudson was married to a woman, when Liberace would sue people who called him a homersexual, when Gloria Stuart was helping Lucy get started in the business, when Jack Benny really was 39, when Kate Hepburn did not shake, when Kate Smith was the only heavy set female in show business, when supporting players in show biz made as much as 5000 a week instead of a minute, when nancy reagan was known to give the best blow job in Hollywood, when gay stars like Robert Taylor and Barbara Stanwick married each other to appear straight, when you left a theater humming the hit songs from a show, when movies had stories to tell instead of explosions to detonate, when recording stars sang songs instead of passing kidney stones, and so on and so forth.

Seriously, this is something you could do yourself!! It's just a matter of holding down two keys at once (okay....there IS a joke here somewheres!!) and "adjusting" your screen to the size you want the fonts (and pics, if applicable) to be! Control key and + (plus for larger) or - (minus for smaller) depending whether you need to blow 'em up or shrink 'em....(okay....second joke insert here!!)) And easier yet if you have scroll-type mouse (Round button in middle of two buttons), you just hold down Control Key and "roll" that round button to how you want the screen to look!! Think of it as sort of "fine tuning" like back in the olden days with the old blonde B&W TV!! :marionstrong:

You lost me at HOLD down . . . seriously it is never that i cannot figure it out or eventually do it myself it's that i never want to bother, i hate wasting my time when i have someone who can do it for me in seconds, ah yes, laziness comesw with old age.

Archived