The "Bored" And Talented Webmaster..Cont'd

PuttyNose

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy, does this post come with translation for the old and feeble minded?

I was merely being facetitous. Actually in that shot you referred to, I LOVE how joyous and blissfully happy she appeared to be, even if she was just laughing at her own joke or having broken wind or whatever it was that DID make her laugh/smile so much!! Gotta love her!! ;)

Brock, in the "better late than never" category, I got such a laugh out of the Janet Waldo bannner where you listed her year of birth as "19mumble"! :marionstrong:

I also had a moment of :o because I thought she was on the banner because she had passed away. Was relieved to read it was a birthday shout out instead :)

Brock: I'm worried that we are not going to get through all of Lucy's movies/shows by her birthday. It seems that we can't get through more than one movie without an "event" of some unfortunate/fortunate nature taking over the LB 100 photo special. Do you think we'll get through all of them? It's already 6 months since you started and we're still on her RKO years!

Brock: I'm worried that we are not going to get through all of Lucy's movies/shows by her birthday. It seems that we can't get through more than one movie without an "event" of some unfortunate/fortunate nature taking over the LB 100 photo special. Do you think we'll get through all of them? It's already 6 months since you started and we're still on her RKO years!

We have the entire calendar year, Miki. Don't worry. We're done with RKO and we're just filling in some gaps before we go through MGM and then to ILL. Unfortunately/fortunately this is a heavy birthday time of year with Mary Jane's, Gale's, Bill's, and Desi's almost back-to-back.

We have the entire calendar year, Miki. Don't worry. We're done with RKO and we're just filling in some gaps before we go through MGM and then to ILL. Unfortunately/fortunately this is a heavy birthday time of year with Mary Jane's, Gale's, Bill's, and Desi's almost back-to-back.

Cool :) Just making sure ;-) p.s - It's my birthday too on the 5th, so it's an extra heavy birthday time :)

Wow, what a beautiful picture of Lucy and one i have never seen before, that i know of, and Lucy's picture on the header for This Lounge that bears her name, what a concept! :lucythrill::hlLOL::HALKING: SHE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! On this her 100th year! Please now Hollywood, no deaths till August 7th! Hold on Zsa Zsa, get better Lizzie . . .

and Lucy's picture on the header for This Lounge that bears her name, what a concept! :lucythrill::hlLOL::HALKING:

Shut up. :P

Please now Hollywood, no deaths till August 7th! Hold on Zsa Zsa, get better Lizzie . . .

Seconded!! This is getting ridiculous!

Shut up. :P

Seconded!! This is getting ridiculous!

I'm sorry, but being Lucy's REAL biggest fan, i just love to see her on the banner for The Lounge that bears her name, sorry about that, LOL! By the way, why have we gone back to when Lucy was just starting out? This one is a very OLD picture, she looks like she's just a kid.

By the way, why have we gone back to when Lucy was just starting out? This one is a very OLD picture, she looks like she's just a kid.

I'm biased....I love this period and snapped the screen grab. Fun to see shots of her we don't see all the time.

You see, Lucille wore a showgirl headdress waaaay back in 1934 from the original "Moulin Rouge", a mere 20 years before Lucy Ricardo wore one in Hollywood!

I'm biased....I love this period and snapped the screen grab. Fun to see shots of her we don't see all the time.

You see, Lucille wore a showgirl headdress waaaay back in 1934 from the original "Moulin Rouge", a mere 20 years before Lucy Ricardo wore one in Hollywood!

Thanks again for helping fill in the holes in the banner series! I hope TCM airs out some more of Lucy's very early films if she is indeed their Star of the Month in August.

Thanks again for helping fill in the holes in the banner series! I hope TCM airs out some more of Lucy's very[/i[ early films if she is indeed their Star of the Month in August.

Oh i too LOVE to see those rare shots, thanks Ric. How come you haven't mentionned that TCM just played Seven Day's Leave and Dubarry was a Lady in the past few days Brockie?

The closeup from "DuBarry" is a stunning grab, Brock...one of my all-time favorite "movie-star" looks. I hold a warm place in my heart for this film, as it was shown on the big screen at the USC campus way back in 1980. Not only was this was the first time that I ever saw that beautiful face in full-color on the big screen but off-screen as well! It was a wonderful evening with the presentation of the film and later, a conversation with the dance director, Charles Walters and the lady herself. She was everything you might think and more!

Archived