Anything Goes

Luvsbway

Caught a segment on The Early Show last week where they went behind the scenes of the current Anything Goes production on Bway. In talking about the show they played clips from TV shows that have used Anything Goes songs in them. First clip was Lucy and Ethel singing Friendship. What I thought was funny was one of these things was not in the original 1934 production and one was. The song Friendship was added to the show much later (i believe around the 60's), but Viv was in the original production. They didn't mention that she was in it though even though that would have been a great time to do it.

Caught a segment on The Early Show last week where they went behind the scenes of the current Anything Goes production on Bway. In talking about the show they played clips from TV shows that have used Anything Goes songs in them. First clip was Lucy and Ethel singing Friendship. What I thought was funny was one of these things was not in the original 1934 production and one was. The song Friendship was added to the show much later (i believe around the 60's), but Viv was in the original production. They didn't mention that she was in it though even though that would have been a great time to do it.

That's why when Lucy did Broadway, finally, she should have picked something like this show, lively with great songs that lasted forever.

Archived