They Love Lucy: Celebrity Lucy Fans

Brock

• 4 months later...

Scandal star Guillermo Diaz:

What's Always in His Trailer: "Diet Coke and my DVD collection of I Love Lucy."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/emmys-28-supporting-actor-contenders-799407

I knew there was something about him i always liked, thought it was the fact that he was gay and made some very good gay movies but now i find out it's his taste in viewing.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I think you have to have lived through the 50s to remember Milton Berle in his heyday as the funniest man on TV.  I always liked him but by the time I was watching TV, he was just a guest on other shows and came off as rather arrogant, which was part of his comedian persona.  I never understood his 30 year contract with NBC which eventually landed him on "Jackpot Bowling with Milton Berle" in 1960 or 61.  What a comedown for "Mr. Television".  He was completely out of place doing his standup between games, yet gave it his all.   He renegotiated his NBC contract to do his 1966 ABC variety show.  I don't know why NBC didn't get out of it completely.  Instead they just reduced his annual salary to $100,000.  That's the figure that sticks in my mind anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Joey: 'splain', please! I added her as a Lucy fan in chronology; don't know what you are referring to; so, if it should be scratched, 'tell me now'....[the last 3 words are from Clint Eastwood!!!!] :HALKING::fabrary: Loving you, JK

The automated closed captioning is not at all reliable. When she said Lucille Ball, it transcribed the caption as "Steel Ball."

• Like 1

Joey:  'splain', please!  I added her as a Lucy fan in chronology; don't know what you are referring to; so, if it should be scratched, 'tell me now'....[the last 3 words are from Clint Eastwood!!!!]  :HALKING:  :fabrary:   Loving you, JK

Joyce, see Brian's explanation, I couldn't say it better myself! :)

The automated closed captioning is not at all reliable. When she said Lucille Ball, it transcribed the caption as "Steel Ball."

Exactly.  Watch that not knowing it's coming and don't be taking a sip of coffee at the same time! Oy! :blink:

Thanks Brian!! :peachonthebeach:

Joyce, see Brian's explanation, I couldn't say it better myself! :)

Exactly.  Watch that not knowing it's coming and don't be taking a sip of coffee at the same time! Oy! :blink:

Thanks Brian!! :peachonthebeach:

Okay, then; this is from reading her lips????  If it's accurate, and NOT a fan, I can't justify giving her the line in the chronology....

Brian????    Loving you, JK :fabrary: