Lucie & Desi Bring "Babalu" to the Library of Congress

HarryCarter

It looks like Lucie and Desi Jr. are celebrating the 60th anniversary of I Love Lucy with another performance of "Babalu," their tribute to the music of the Desi Arnaz Orchestra. It will be at the Library of Congress, where Desi's original orchestrations are housed. Back wil be Raul Esparza and Valarie Pettiford.

Featuring: Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz, Jr. with Raúl Esparza and Valarie Pettiford and the Desi Arnaz Orchestra Ron Abel, Music Director

Presented by: Library of Congress

The Coolidge Auditorium becomes the Tropicana in a spectacular Opening Night show honoring the legacies of two American entertainment legends and acknowledging one of the Library’s major popular music collections. Lucie Arnaz headlines an evening that brings to life her father’s snazzy, sparkling orchestrations of the 1940’s and 50’s, exuberant songs that gave the American Songbook a Latin beat. Ticket sale date: September 7

My link

It looks like Lucie and Desi Jr. are celebrating the 60th anniversary of I Love Lucy with another performance of "Babalu," their tribute to the music of the Desi Arnaz Orchestra. It will be at the Library of Congress, where Desi's original orchestrations are housed. Back wil be Raul Esparza and Valarie Pettiford.

My link

Cool! Wish they planned to do too it while she's here in LA next week for the opening of the Hollywood Museum exhibit! :D

Archived