The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

Now THAT's a PICTURE!!! The famous hairstyle, the eyes, the bow lips, even those earrings. Just B E A U T I F U L !!!!! :lucy2:

I agree! That is Lucille Ball to a tee!! Out of curiosity, what year would that be? Looks like late 60's to me (early Here's Lucy). Am I right?

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree! That is Lucille Ball to a tee!! Out of curiosity, what year would that be? Looks like late 60's to me (early Here's Lucy). Am I right?

Nope, i'm thinking more end of The Lucy show instead of early Here's Lucy, LOL! Come to think of it, it looks to ME like it's early 60's, like she hasn't suffered through too much gary yet, LOL! Maybe '63 or '64. Just my opinion though.

Nope, i'm thinking more end of The Lucy show instead of early Here's Lucy, LOL! Come to think of it, it looks to ME like it's early 60's, like she hasn't suffered through too much gary yet, LOL! Maybe '63 or '64. Just my opinion though.

LMAO! It's so hard to tell, especially black and white photos, gosh, we've gone from early Here's Lucy to early The Lucy Show, that's a pretty big gap. Any other takers? :lucythrill:

"She hasn't suffered through to much Gary yet" just had me rolling :D

[quote name=DroopyDrawers :D' timestamp='1289095747' post='3094]

I cannot get over how gorgeous Lucille Ball was.. A couple of my friends think after I Love Lucy she completely lost her looks. I believe that woman looked incredible til the day that she died.

Oh yeah, now that you mention it, Lucy IS in that picture huh. I agree with you, even in her wrinkled later years, that Lucy gorgeousness was still there, diminished a little, but still quite present.

The audience at Frank Sinatra's show at the Sands Hotel in 1956 including Lucy, Lauren Bacall, Doris Day, Shirley Jones, Joan Collins, and Eddie Albert:

!B79vI3w!2k~$(KGrHqMOKogEy+jC025(BM1vCBokwQ~~_3.JPG

Photo

Jimmy, great photo and I know it is captioned that way on Ebay, but seller is mistaken...Joan Collins is NOT any of those dark-haired women that are easily visible and that's not Shirley Jones just behind Lauren Bacall...though it kind of resembles her; it may just be Martha Hyer, Sinatra's co-star from "Some Came Running." Jones was more mousey-brown in 1956.

Still in all...a great snap of the time period!

Jimmy, great photo and I know it is captioned that way on Ebay, but seller is mistaken...Joan Collins is NOT any of those dark-haired women that are easily visible and that's not Shirley Jones just behind Lauren Bacall...though it kind of resembles her; it may just be Martha Hyer, Sinatra's co-star from "Some Came Running." Jones was more mousey-brown in 1956.

Yeah, that DOES look like Martha Hyer. How old would Joan have been back in'56, would she have been allowed in a venue like that, that served liquor and all, her being like twelve at the time, LOL! :lucythrill:

Thanks so much, Rick! None of them looked like Joan to me either, but I figured I was the mistaken one. Thanks for setting the record straight!

Yeah, that DOES look like Martha Hyer. How old would Joan have been back in'56, would she have been allowed in a venue like that, that served liquor and all, her being like twelve at the time, LOL! :lucythrill:

Thanks, Rick! I knew that wasn't my Shoil. And as for Ms. Collins, if IMDB is to believed (cough, cough), she was about 23 at the time, as they have listed

May 23, 1933 as her birthday, which now makes her 77.

lucyhorror.JPG

Joan was already famous by 1956. That year she played Crystal Allen (the former Joan Crawford role) in the all-star remake of The Women, The Opposite Sex.

...which is actually a kinda cheesy-fun movie in its own right, although certainly no classic in the league of TW. It features a good cast along with Collins (no Crawford, for sure!) including June Allyson and beloved Agnes Moorehead of Bewitched fame and of course, co-starring with LB in one of her best roles as the broken down camopople (sp?) in The Big Street. Love her!

biggrin.gif

Thanks, Rick! I knew that wasn't my Shoil. And as for Ms. Collins, if IMDB is to believed (cough, cough), she was about 23 at the time, as they have listed

May 23, 1933 as her birthday, which now makes her 77.

lucyhorror.JPG

I know, i googled her and found that out also, i was only joking but it's hard to believe little Joanie is now Lucy's age, she sure dun't lookit. As for that woman with the bored look, maybe she was a high priced hooker anxious to get to Frank's room to get to work.

I know, i googled her and found that out also, i was only joking but it's hard to believe little Joanie is now Lucy's age, she sure dun't lookit.

And if you think LB was the only one to wear "straps" (i.e., the skullcap contraption)....think again!

I'll never forget an Oprah appearance once with JC where literally one cheek was hanging twice as low as the other ---must have been a live show where they couldn't stop or nobody had the nerve to tell her because they just kept going and let her hang!! Have always wondered if she saw it later or what?? Hmm... lucydaze.JPG

And if you think LB was the only one to wear "straps" (i.e., the skullcap contraption)....think again!

I'll never forget an Oprah appearance once with JC where literally one cheek was hanging twice as low as the other ---must have been a live show where they couldn't stop or nobody had the nerve to tell her because they just kept going and let her hang!! Have always wondered if she saw it later or what?? Hmm... lucydaze.JPG

Oh i KNOW Lucy wasn't the only one using it, she did ater all get it from Ann Sothern's make up man, but it's hard to believe Joan could be shown like that and NOT know it or maybe even SUE, LOL!

Archived