The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? She looks like she survived an explosion at a doily factory. :lucythrill:

All right, maybe it is a bit MUCH, BUT, her purpose was to emphasize her youthful look as a young bride, don't forget this is from the period where young kids would come up to her and make comments like LUCY, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE? So, with movie magic and loads of make up she was still able to recapture her best young LOOK. It actually reminds me of Celine Dion's head gear for her own wedding where the thing weighed more than twenty pounds but she too looked gorgeous.

All right, maybe it is a bit MUCH, BUT, her purpose was to emphasize her youthful look as a young bride, don't forget this is from the period where young kids would come up to her and make comments like LUCY, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?

Whaaaaaaaaat??? In '56??! I don't think so! If those stories are actually true, I'm sure they happened MUCH later! At 45, she was hardly Methuselah!! lucydisgust.JPG

Whaaaaaaaaat??? In '56??! I don't think so! If those stories are actually true, I'm sure they happened MUCH later! At 45, she was hardly Methuselah!! lucydisgust.JPG

Yes, it was on the Forever Darling TOUR, didn't you notice on some shots she's wearing a veil and a Kate Hepburn high neck get up? Kids were used to seeing her all young and peppy on ILL so they were shocked when they saw her in person and she looked so much older to them.

Heck, I thought she was well into her 70s when little kids were coming up to her and saying that. Damn kids anyway lol.

The curse of the beautiful people is that you can`t stay beautiful forever, at least without getting some face work or body work done to you like Joan Rivers and others.

The curse of the beautiful people is that you can`t stay beautiful forever, at least without getting some face work or body work done to you like Joan Rivers and others.

"Beautiful people" and Joan Rivers in the same comparison is certainly apples and oranges to me! (But I know what you meant! ;)) marionstrong.gif

"Beautiful people" and Joan Rivers in the same comparison is certainly apples and oranges to me! (But I know what you meant! ;)) marionstrong.gif

Yes, i mean that some people, like Joan, become ageless but also unrecognizable and fake looking so that's not the ideal solution, the better way is to age gracefully like a Dina Merrill or so many others. But beautiful people have it hard, people expect them to always STAY beautiful and that is very rarely the case.

marionstrong.gif

I mean...shame on you! ;)

Actually, i was going to post that it looked like Lucy was playing with her kids, you know, letting them throw necklaces at her trying to get them over her head, you see they've succeeded with a few already but Carole Cook said it never happened, Lucy never but never played with her kids in any way, LOL!

Actually, i was going to post that it looked like Lucy was playing with her kids, you know, letting them throw necklaces at her trying to get them over her head, you see they've succeeded with a few already but Carole Cook said it never happened, lucy never but never played with her kids in any way, LOL!

Only if a home movie camera was rolling in the Roxbury back yard, right? :rolleyes:

Loves me some Carole but she wasn't around every moment of the kids' lives! Jeez! lucyeww.JPG

A beautiful shot. Do you know what year? I would guess 62 to 64. A bit over-processed; and aren't those eyebrows higher than I've ever seen them?--but better than the official photo she used for a year or two when "The Lucy Show" first ran: one I always found odd.

1962Portrait.jpg

I haven't seen this one before:

Happy Sale? I hope Lucy and Gary got some good deals.

Archived