The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

The photo, taken on April 7, 1953 at Winchell's birthday party was held at the famed Sunset Strip nightclub, Ciro's. The exact lineup, from back row, left to right is: 20th Century Fox mogul, Darryl F. Zanuck, Betty Grable, Marilyn Monroe, Walter Winchell and Jane Russell. Front row is of course Lucy, famed songwriter Jimmy McHugh and the ever-lovely (not) Louella Parsons.

I'm surprised Lucy went, this was right after the Commie report that Walter did on her. Thanks for ID'ing the other two men, i never would have guessed either, I'm with whoever said the one on the left looked like one of the Warner brothers. Ric, those carricatures of Lucy are just stunning on the bottom of your posts.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised Lucy went, this was right after the Commie report that Walter did on her. Thanks for ID'ing the other two men, i never would have guessed either, I'm with whoever said the one on the left looked like one of the Warner brothers. Ric, those carricatures of Lucy are just stunning on the bottom of your posts.

If this pic is from April 1953 then it's actually about 5 months before Winchell's infamous blind item. I, too, would be surprised if Lucy went after Winchell branded her a commie!

If this pic is from April 1953 then it's actually about 5 months before Winchell's infamous blind item. I, too, would be surprised if Lucy went after Winchell branded her a commie!

Oh, yes, sorry, you're right, i mixed up the date with the birth of the baby i guess. I think Lucy gave in when Desi hired him to narrate on The Untouchables but i would doubt she'd ever forgive him for reporting that blind item in the first place. But deep down, she knew how powerful he was at that time and that he certainly could not ignore such a story.

Walter Winchell also did the narration for The Lucy Show episode "Lucy the Gun Moll."

Well yeah, but she was probably over it by then and his career was in the toilet and she probably just felt sorry for him. Besides, his voice was needed to make the whole episode authentic as it was a tribute to The Untouchables, LOL!

93djo6wcx1k039j1.jpg

0opyobx09ijqjix.jpg

1wvevwpfe91vv1f.jpg

gd2p7q7rzl807p7g.jpg

fzq1qmkdrsrkmqdz.jpg

Geez, where are you people finding these rare images of her, most of them i have never seen before, or at least have forgotten. That second shot looks like an audition one for Mame or Lillian Russell, although it's from the thirties, LOL! And the last one looks like one she might have made it herself, all she's missing is the Little Orphan Annie hair.

8k6oq7xy0fxa8a60.jpg

A treasure trove![/url]

This shot is actually Barbara Pepper...even though she does look like Lucy here. I have several shots from "Roman Scandals" and unfortunately, the internet always misidentifies it. (Still, very cool though to see how pretty BP was at that time!)

• 1 month later...

Lucy's cameo in Woman of Distinction:

!B4pfgS!CWk~$%28KGrHqEOKjMEyNf%29Wz%28GBMqolqT9CQ~~_12.JPG

Lucy with Mel Bushman Alan King and some other people. Who are they? The blond looks mildly like Simone Signoret with a different nose. (It looks like Nancy Reagan is photobombing in the background but I think it is just a look-a-like. LOL)

412837827_o.jpg

image083.jpg

Lucy with Alan King and some other people. Who are they? The blond looks mildly like Simone Signoret with a different nose.

412837827_o.jpg

The blonde on the right was one of the most hilarious and amazing writer/talk show host and personalities of the 50's-70's, the one and only Virgina Graham. Next to her is her husband, Harry.

For those that do not know who Virgina was...here's a link or two (to see and hear her in action!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Graham

Thanks Ric, I've always wanted to know who she was, and she seemed extraordinary and that blooper clip just makes me burst into laughs Here's a pic I bought of the two of them a long time ago not knowing who she was, but certainly glad I know now :)

virgucy.jpg

I can't believe you guys didnt even know who Virginia was, she had that daytime talk show, Lucy was on it many times, Virginia was Lucy's type of gal, she was even one of the few celebrities at Lucie's wedding to Phil.

Thanks Ric, I've always wanted to know who she was, and she seemed extraordinary and that blooper clip just makes me burst into laughs Here's a pic I bought of the two of them a long time ago not knowing who she was, but certainly glad I know now :)

virgucy.jpg

Great candid shot, Virg had that same hairstyle for like fifty years. I'll betcha more oil went in there than the BP oil spill.

Archived