The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay now I definitely think it's her. If she had no lines, she didn't have to be credited, so that would explain that. lucythrill.JPG

Of course she wouldn't have been credited if she was just a showgirl, but look at the dozens of movies where she is uncredited that are listed on the IMDB and in books. There's usually some record of her being in a movie. There are have been some recent discoveries of Lucy as an extra in a movie. I guess this will be the newest one. :)

That picture is really interesting. Hooray for Love has never appeared in Lucy's credits. But it's from 1935 RKO and that sure does look like her (unless it's that Goldwyn Girl who stole Lucy's face ;)). The DVD is available from the Warner Archive. I'm going to get it. Has anyone seen the film before and spotted Lucy?

Luckily enough, the film was available locally, so just went out and bought it. For my money, that is a dead-ringer for Lucy in 3rd spot on the left from the piano, in the photo. That was her look in those days.

Now for the bad news: just checked out the entire film and there are only 2 musical numbers with the chorus girls. The second musical number, "Hooray For Love" is at the end of the film and there is a blonde with a similar hairstyle to what Lucy has in the photo...but alas...it is definitely not her.

Mystery continues.

Of course she wouldn't have been credited if she was just a showgirl, but look at the dozens of movies where she is uncredited that are listed on the IMDB and in books. There's usually some record of her being in a movie. There are have been some recent discoveries of Lucy as an extra in a movie. I guess this will be the newest one. :)

Which other films have been discovered recently? Strange and amazing to think we may never know her entire filmography.

And what's this about a girl stealing Lucy's face?

And what's this about a girl stealing Lucy's face?

Years ago, I found this picture of a Goldwyn Girl rehearsal in a coffee table book about movie musicals. The girl in question was identical to Lucy facially but the body underneath the face didn't match Lucy.

Archived