The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering the point of them wearing the same dress????!!!!

Good eye! Looks to me like sleeveless (but with buttons, different!) aprons since they're both supposed to be cooking! Wonder what they were making?? And I find it funny that at this point, LB would even be presented as a cook in any way -- I doubt by this time she barely even knew where the kitchen was, let alone the stove! lucythrill.JPG

There's a very nice still of Lucy and Carol backstage during Hello Dolly in the documentary about Channing "Larger Than Life", a movie role that in retrospect I , for a variety of reasons, wish she would have done instead of Mame, though with a different director who didn't want to turn every number into a spectacle. Lucy was at one point the lead contender.

Man, I just love her in those DuBarry costumes! :marionstrong:

Me too, but I don't recall her wearing this particular outfit in the film. Maybe there are outtakes in a vault somewhere!

Why do Lucy and Mary look like they've both got indigestion here? LMAO

One of the plot points in Mary's show was they accidently get hammered right before going on The Mike Douglas Show.

Me too, but I don't recall her wearing this particular outfit in the film. Maybe there are outtakes in a vault somewhere!

One of the plot points in Mary's show was they accidently get hammered right before going on The Mike Douglas Show.

Exactly...on Irish Coffees! :D ("....one for Miss McKinnon and one for Miss Ball!" (You had to be there....ahem. ;))

Part of the reason they appear with MD is to try and get Mary out of co-hosting with him for a week, Lucy gets the "honor" instead and how cool, all these years later, to learn that she actually DID do co-hosting chores about the same time this MTMH episode aired! Coolness!

And love the pic of her with Mike and the ice cream scooper -- look on her face is priceless!! (But boy, the make-up man sure got carried away with the eyeliner!) Whoa!

lucythrill.JPG

In my own opinion, the photos above are the nicest hair style she has EVER worn; just love it!!!!

NOW: A BIG QUESTION; she, with the ball player - looks like an early photo of her; anyone got a date with it? Wondering if it's on Celoron Park (now Lucille Ball Memorial Park); She came back to Jamestown area several times early on in her career; may well have been one of 'those' times....anyone???? If it, in fact, turns out to be Celoron Park Ball Field, it would be one of the only ones we've ever seen in her hometown locale, early on, and pictured in a place she spent many HAPPY FORMATIVE hours as a child - I would guess, one of very few available, so far, made available for public viewing; would LOVE to see more of these ....

Thanks....JK

In my own opinion, the photos above are the nicest hair style she has EVER worn; just love it!!!!

NOW: A BIG QUESTION; she, with the ball player - looks like an early photo of her; anyone got a date with it? Wondering if it's on Celoron Park (now Lucille Ball Memorial Park); She came back to Jamestown area several times early on in her career; may well have been one of 'those' times....anyone???? If it, in fact, turns out to be Celoron Park Ball Field, it would be one of the only ones we've ever seen in her hometown locale, early on, and pictured in a place she spent many HAPPY FORMATIVE hours as a child - I would guess, one of very few available, so far, made available for public viewing; would LOVE to see more of these ....

Thanks....JK

...or it could be a scene from a film...or a posed publicity photo, which were rampant back then, especially if an actor was under a studio contract... or.....???

Well one thing for sure, it wasn't taken at Desilu Chatsworth or Roxbury back yard(s)! peachonthebeach.JPG

Archived