The Milton Berle Show:

24go8jq.jpg

The Good Years:

2vhus6v.jpg

Lucy & Joan:

33x8zkj.jpg

Lucy & The Lost Star:

zv5udx.jpg

I especially loved the Trailer ones, so many of them and the rare ones we seldom see, thanks again Brockie.

What an amazing treasure trove! Great to see a lot of these that naturally, being regional or "lukel", the majority of us would never have had the chance to see, just another great "perk" of a wundaful site like this!

Thanks, Brock! :D

What an amazing treasure trove! Great to see a lot of these that naturally, being regional or "lukel", the majority of us would never have had the chance to see, just another great "perk" of a wundaful site like this!

Thanks, Brock! :D

These are great to see....Oh, I used to LOVE TV Guide!

The ads must have been different in different city editions. For instance I've never seen the "Lucy Sells Craig to Wayne Newton" ad. (and until someone more sophisticated than I brought it up, I never saw the potential humor behind that title). Ditto Don Knotts/Blind Date.

The first full page ad I've collected is the Danny Kaye episode from season 3. Do we think that's the first one of its kind? These ads appeared more during the 5th and 6th seasons and then through Here's Lucy. I don't know where the money for the ads came (LBP? CBS?) but I don't think another series had as many ads as Lucy. I know Howard McClay wrote the copy, sometimes clever "Lucy Bubbles while Welk Plays Dumb" (not an acting stretch, this comment NOt in the ad) sometimes a bit of a stretch. "Punctured Romance": "Lucy doesn't know if she's Cummings or going."

The last one was for "Lucy Meets Lucy". Tonight the funniest woman in the world meets the funniest woman in the world." The criteria for placing an ad was obviously not quality of the episode hence "Rudy Vallee".

SOOO Joey?? Have you seen Captain America yet? and do you recommend it?

These are great to see....Oh, I used to LOVE TV Guide!

The ads must have been different in different city editions. For instance I've never seen the "Lucy Sells Craig to Wayne Newton" ad. (and until someone more sophisticated than I brought it up, I never saw the potential humor behind that title). Ditto Don Knotts/Blind Date.

The first full page ad I've collected is the Danny Kaye episode from season 3. Do we think that's the first one of its kind? These ads appeared more during the 5th and 6th seasons and then through Here's Lucy. I don't know where the money for the ads came (LBP? CBS?) but I don't think another series had as many ads as Lucy. I know Howard McClay wrote the copy, sometimes clever "Lucy Bubbles while Welk Plays Dumb" (not an acting stretch, this comment NOt in the ad) sometimes a bit of a stretch. "Punctured Romance": "Lucy doesn't know if she's Cummings or going."

The last one was for "Lucy Meets Lucy". Tonight the funniest woman in the world meets the funniest woman in the world." The criteria for placing an ad was obviously not quality of the episode hence "Rudy Vallee".

I know, the Rudy pic was so unexpected, i mean who else but old fogeys knew of the man, but i like the pose from Lucy and Lucie though in that shot.

Why, yes and but YES! lucythrill.JPG

Suggestion: Don't bother spending the extra four or five bucks for the 3D version -- it was obviously not shot in the process but converted after the fact, so very little of the 3D effects had much...effect.

Other than that...I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

Of course, this scene was definitely a highlight (and MUCH too short!)! ;)

Captain+America+CE.jpg

Why, yes and but YES! lucythrill.JPG

Suggestion: Don't bother spending the extra four or five bucks for the 3D version -- it was obviously not shot in the process but converted after the fact, so very little of the 3D effects had much...effect.

Other than that...I thoroughly enjoyed it. :D

Of course, this scene was definitely a highlight (and MUCH too short!)! ;)

Captain+America+CE.jpg

You mean those two headlights of his come at you in 3D???

Lucy did some banter with host John Wayne about the Roaring '20s, which led into a dance number with Lucy fulfilling her dream of being the floor show at a speakeasy. The photo of her dancing on the cover is from this number.

She's sure wearing lots of clothes for a speakeasy number, LOL!