TV Guide clippings

Worked perfectly! :D

Interesting, I don't remember that they did the "Close Up" feature for repeat broadcasts such as this Benny ep, thought it was always for new stuff....hmmmm.

Loved the old TV Guide layout when they used those cool boxes for "COLOR", "SPECIAL" and (I think?) "PREMIERE".... ah, the good old days...and look at the mag now: A shadow of its former self. :lucyhorror:

Is it still around at all? I thought only online.

Just got this as a present from a friend yesterday. I had to reduce the size of the pic to upload it to the lounge. Hope its not too small. Its the April 1968 TV Guide with Lucy on the cover. It was interseting how they listed the Lucy Show in TV Guide as Lucille Ball and not the Lucy Show - not sure why. That weeks show was a rerun of the Jack Benny show - have a photo of it, but afraid if I post it then it will look smaller and even harder to read. I will post it on the Here's Lucy Facebook page for anyone who wants to see it.

Mickie: What are the EXACT dates on the TV Guide cover you are showing us? I'd like to make sure I have it in the chronology....

Thanks....Joyce

Interesting, I don't remember that they did the "Close Up" feature for repeat broadcasts such as this Benny ep, thought it was always for new stuff....hmmmm.

Loved the old TV Guide layout when they used those cool boxes for "COLOR", "SPECIAL" and (I think?) "PREMIERE".... ah, the good old days...and look at the mag now: A shadow of its former self. :lucyhorror:

You are so right - its wonderful to look thru that issue and I love the Color boxes too and not really 24 hour TV like today,although CBC had a Late Show, Late Late Show and Late Late Late show till around 6am.

Have not seen the new TV Guide in a while. It was a more interesting read back then and only 15 cents an issue.

You are so right - its wonderful to look thru that issue and I love the Color boxes too and not really 24 hour TV like today,although CBC had a Late Show, Late Late Show and Late Late Late show till around 6am.

Have not seen the new TV Guide in a while. It was a more interesting read back then and only 15 cents an issue.

I know, 15 cents, can you imagine? I stole one and hopped on the train making my big getaway when i was a kid, thinking i had just performed the second greatest train robbery.

Seeing all these makes me think I should once in a while take down the framed TV guides I have hanging up and actually read the articles. I know I have some scanned on my really old and completly out of date Lucy website.

Here is a link from my blast from the past website of some of the insides of the TV guides.

http://www.lucyroom.com/collecti.htm

I have to laugh at my page, it's so old the collection pictures are from when I was in college and still living at home. The collection has grown and so has the space. It's now on to house #3 and has it's own room and a closet of at least 3 rubbermaid containers of other things not displayed.

Seeing all these makes me think I should once in a while take down the framed TV guides I have hanging up and actually read the articles. I know I have some scanned on my really old and completly out of date Lucy website.

Here is a link from my blast from the past website of some of the insides of the TV guides.

I have to laugh at my page, it's so old the collection pictures are from when I was in college and still living at home. The collection has grown and so has the space. It's now on to house #3 and has it's own room and a closet of at least 3 rubbermaid containers of other things not displayed.

Fantastic! You should be proud! :D

OMG that is so incredibly beautiful, but shouldn't you put them all in a glass cabinet to preserve them better? I notice your Lucy clock looks exactly like mine except mine is a pic of Lucy from her glamour MGM days instead of ILL.

The collection has greatly expanded over the years. My townhouse I had for 5 years I had a bedroom done with all the stuff, and most got framed but I did it with cheap frames and not everything fit in the room. Now with the bigger house and bigger 3rd bedroom, I've upgraded framing, and did a better layout. It was slow going as I wanted to lay it out nicely on the walls. I got it all up now but I have a lot of stuff in storage I'm not sure how I want to display it. I tend now to only display older pieces, not the mass market stuff that came out in the part 10 years. I still have that stuff but it is not deamed worthy for the display collection yet.

Yes I was in the house. A bit torn apart, but it was funny as I was watching the Home Movies Outtakes the other night and Lucie was walking in the backyard and I totally knew how to place everything having been there. It was a moment for sure and caught myslef saying the other night, "I've been there". I sometimes forget that. It was such a weird feeling being in some of those places, espically the guest house, thinking of how many famous people have stayed in that guest house, wlked through the fornt door, etc...

The collection has greatly expanded over the years. My townhouse I had for 5 years I had a bedroom done with all the stuff, and most got framed but I did it with cheap frames and not everything fit in the room. Now with the bigger house and bigger 3rd bedroom, I've upgraded framing, and did a better layout. It was slow going as I wanted to lay it out nicely on the walls. I got it all up now but I have a lot of stuff in storage I'm not sure how I want to display it. I tend now to only display older pieces, not the mass market stuff that came out in the part 10 years. I still have that stuff but it is not deamed worthy for the display collection yet.

Yes I was in the house. A bit torn apart, but it was funny as I was watching the Home Movies Outtakes the other night and Lucie was walking in the backyard and I totally knew how to place everything having been there. It was a moment for sure and caught myslef saying the other night, "I've been there". I sometimes forget that. It was such a weird feeling being in some of those places, espically the guest house, thinking of how many famous people have stayed in that guest house, wlked through the fornt door, etc...

Dun't you have pictures you could show us of that?

I never took photos, all I had was the one I shot outside on the street. I think it was more of a conversation with the contractor who was nice and let me in so we agreed no pics so we wouldn't get anyone in trouble. I don't really remeber all that well I was fine with no pics, just to have that oppertunity. And seeing the backyard, guest house and pool house was cool. It was such a wirlwind that even after it was over I don't know how much I recalled, let alone 13 some years later.

I never took photos, all I had was the one I shot outside on the street. I think it was more of a conversation with the contractor who was nice and let me in so we agreed no pics so we wouldn't get anyone in trouble. I don't really remeber all that well I was fine with no pics, just to have that oppertunity. And seeing the backyard, guest house and pool house was cool. It was such a wirlwind that even after it was over I don't know how much I recalled, let alone 13 some years later.

Didn't you see the realtor's shots of the living room, den and pool in the backyard when they sold the house? I forget where i put mine, they were lovely shots.

No I don't think I have. Post or let me know where I can see them if you find them.

I just saw them on the net, google Lucy Ball's house and one of them is the realtor's ads for that mansion and you see the three shots i am referring to. The den, living room and the beautiful pool in the backyard next to the guesthouse where you were standing on the day you described above. It was such a gorgeous area, then again, we all just saw part of it on one of the dvd releases, thank God!

I just saw them on the net, google Lucy Ball's house and one of them is the realtor's ads for that mansion and you see the three shots i am referring to. The den, living room and the beautiful pool in the backyard next to the guesthouse where you were standing on the day you described above. It was such a gorgeous area, then again, we all just saw part of it on one of the dvd releases, thank God!

Do we KNOW if anyone of filmdom lives there now? JK

Until I bought a batch of TV Guides from other regions I didn't realize that they internal layouts were different. What warranted a "close up" in one city didn't in another. The Lucy ads were not always the same size.

I have a TV Guide that's got a 'close up' of "The Celebrity Next Door" episode of The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour that aired in 1964, its FIFTH (at least!) prime time showing.

Loved the inside the front and back yellow page "TV Teletype" which is what I would turn to second (after checking out the plot of that week's new Lucy episode). The Hollywood page was always much more interesting.

And for some reason TV Guide ALWAYS listed "The Lucy Show" as "Lucille Ball"

Until I bought a batch of TV Guides from other regions I didn't realize that they internal layouts were different. What warranted a "close up" in one city didn't in another. The Lucy ads were not always the same size.

I have a TV Guide that's got a 'close up' of "The Celebrity Next Door" episode of The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour that aired in 1964, its FIFTH (at least!) prime time showing.

Loved the inside the front and back yellow page "TV Teletype" which is what I would turn to second (after checking out the plot of that week's new Lucy episode). The Hollywood page was always much more interesting.

And for some reason TV Guide ALWAYS listed "The Lucy Show" as "Lucille Ball"

There was always so much to read in there and lots of Lucy stuff too, my favorite issue was the PREVIEW one of course which i scoured for any Lucy appearances. At the end i think they had three preview issues each season to be able to cover all the shows on tv.

All i know is they are rich, redid the whole house but kept the basic foundations and shell, they're the ones who donated the film projector in the den to the Museum, right?

Are you saying what I think you are saying???? The home was sold with artifacts remaining???? That is JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

JK

Claude, thanks for your post about googling Lucy Ball's house. I did that & spent two hours looking at all kinds of links about her :lucy1:

I found one 3 part monologue by a guy who went to the Roxbury house after Lucy had died & right before some construction was being done. A maid let him & 2 others inside(!!!) & they roamed all over the house unattended, taking pictures, even going upstairs into her bedroom & bath & stealing a souvenier. I'll see if I can find it again & post a link...

Claude, thanks for your post about googling Lucy Ball's house. I did that & spent two hours looking at all kinds of links about her :lucy1:

I found one 3 part monologue by a guy who went to the Roxbury house after Lucy had died & right before some construction was being done. A maid let him & 2 others inside(!!!) & they roamed all over the house unattended, taking pictures, even going upstairs into her bedroom & bath & stealing a souvenier. I'll see if I can find it again & post a link...

Yeah, loads of stories about stalkers roaming in there after she was gone or when the house was remodeled. Isn't it a Lucy treasure throve?