Lucy Festival 2011 - Comments, Photos, etc.

Some festival numbers in today's Post-Journal:

According to Ms. Gunderson, there were 780 paid admissions to the museum and playhouse attraction on Saturday alone, and that was the day the museum and playhouse were actually closed two hours during the Guinness World Record activities. The total number of people admitted to the attraction during the Lucy Fest, held between Aug. 3-7, was 2,697. Ms. Gunderson asked us to keep in mind this was just their attraction experience, and many, if not most, of the attendees to the five Reg Lenna comedy shows, the parade, the Plaza Party and the Guinness World Record, opted not to tour the museum experience during the busy festival time because it is open year-round. I would say the bottom line here is the Lucy Desi Center has brought many people to the heart of Jamestown this year for a great visiting experience.

SOURCE: http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/592344/DJDC-Declares-Parade-Theme.html?nav=5057

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some festival numbers in today's Post-Journal:

SOURCE: http://post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/592344/DJDC-Declares-Parade-Theme.html?nav=5057

Excellent! I've been going to Jamestown every August since 2002 and this summer was certainly the most crowded I've ever seen it. I know they need to think of ways to breathe some new life and new money into the Center, but I just hope they realize people visit Jamestown for Lucy, not for comedy.

Thought it would be FUN to check today's 'corrected' figures and information regarding what was reported just after Birthday Bash:

This is in addition to what Brock has shared with us this morning from The Post-Journal, quoting Lee Harkness, Exec. Dir., Downtown Jamestown Development Corporation (DJDC), saying: "...couple of weeks ago I included attendance figures for the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz 100th Birthday Celebration. This last week I received a short note from Journey Gunderson. . . briefly amending some of the reported figures."

According to Ms. Gunderson, there were 780 paid admissions to the museum and playhouse attraction on Saturday alone, and that was the day the museum and playhouse were actually closed two hours during the Guinness World Record activities. The total number of people admitted to the attraction during the Lucy Fest, held between Aug. 3-7, was 2,697. Ms. Gunderson asked us to keep in mind this was just their attraction experience, and many, if not most, of the attendees to the five Reg Lenna comedy shows, the parade, the Plaza Party and the Guinness World Record, opted not to tour the museum experience during the busy festival time because it is open year-round. I would say the bottom line here is the Lucy Desi Center has brought many people to the heart of Jamestown this year for a great visiting experience.

For comparison-sake, here is what Harkness' reported just after Birthday Bash concluded, 'preliminary figures', just for comparison sake:

The Post Journal: Lucy's 100th Was Great Success - by Lee Harkness, Executive Director of the DJDC - Downtown Chatter - "This last week, we had our monthly business and celebrate Jamestown meeting.

Journey Gunderson is the Executive Director of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center, giving a report on attendance at Lucy's 100th Birthday Celebration. There were 780 admissions to the Center, plus members, who get admission free; 915 participants in Guinness Book of World Records for the LucyLook-Alike contest; 5000 tickets sold to ALL the events; 1100 tickets sold to Joan Rivers show; 800 tickets sold to Paula Poundstone performance - both at the Reg Lenna Civic Center. These numbers DO NOT count folks who visited and reside in Jamestown who attended the FREE events and other outside activities.

• 2 years later...

Archived