Changes In The Set

I just got back from the celebration in Jamestown, NY. The replication of the sets are so fascinating because they are in color. It is described as being designed to look like the apartment did in 1953 (would have to be late 1953), and I was wondering if anyone knew specifically what else changed from the time the Ricardo's moved in during late Season Two and when they moved out in mid Season Six.

Aside from the new furniture in late Season Two and mid Season Three, I'm pretty sure that every time they returned from a trip, the set changed a bit. But does anyone know the specifics? Did the colors change? I know for certain that the kitchen looked very different in Season Five, with white trim all around the cabinets. Any information on the subject would be appreciated; I've become very curious since seeing the set. Thanks!

There were several changes made in season six. Little Ricky's bedroom was now outside Lucy and Ricky's bedroom and at the end of the hall past the livingroom closet. The room that was formerly Little Ricky's bedroom was now a closet/dressingroom. The window next to Ricky's bed was gone and a light fixture was in its place. This was changed to a picture by the last time it was seen in "Lucy Hates to Leave."

I also know that the shades of gey from the 3rd season apartment changed from season to season. They seemed to have gotten a bit darker by the time they moved to the country.So many furnitures have changed through the series.Just out of curiousity. Anyone noticed if the grey sofa used in the conneticut set is the same one used in "Lucy takes art classes" from the Lucy show's second season? I think they are.

There were several changes made in season six. Little Ricky's bedroom was now outside Lucy and Ricky's bedroom and at the end of the hall past the livingroom closet. The room that was formerly Little Ricky's bedroom was now a closet/dressingroom. The window next to Ricky's bed was gone and a light fixture was in its place. This was changed to a picture by the last time it was seen in "Lucy Hates to Leave."

I think the most notable changes in the second apartment (3B/D) seemed to occur in the 6th season: the molding in the living room was bigger or painted darker or something to stand out more (I should have watched some scenes for comparison's sake but wanted to "jump in" here and didn't, so am going off memory -- probably not the best idea!); also, they did something similar in the kitchen and if I'm not mistaken, didn't they even relocate the frig from the right end of the wall (near the back door) to the middle of the wall? Again, going by memory here.

Don't know if any of these changes occurred due to Desi becoming producer or just part of a normal annual "refresh" of the set.

Either way, would love to know why they'd bother at this point if they knew they'd be moving on to the "new and improved" (larger looking) set of the country house, my favorite of all the ILL sets. :D

I think the most notable changes in the second apartment (3B/D) seemed to occur in the 6th season: the molding in the living room was bigger or painted darker or something to stand out more (I should have watched some scenes for comparison's sake but wanted to "jump in" here and didn't, so am going off memory -- probably not the best idea!); also, they did something similar in the kitchen and if I'm not mistaken, didn't they even relocate the frig from the right end of the wall (near the back door) to the middle of the wall? Again, going by memory here.

Don't know if any of these changes occurred due to Desi becoming producer or just part of a normal annual "refresh" of the set.

Either way, would love to know why they'd bother at this point if they knew they'd be moving on to the "new and improved" (larger looking) set of the country house, my favorite of all the ILL sets. :D

OMG, what you people remember and dissect and talk about, do you guys ever just watch the show for the comedy in it? LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey... I think they change fridges every season.. it is always in the center (isn't it?).. but sometimes has a bowl on it.. sometimes nothing.. but it does change from season to season.. and we never have a story about that.. So now we know why Ricky wouldn't pay for a new hat that was 49.50.. he's not made of money.. he has to buy a new fridge for next season!

Archived